What we wish, that we readily believe. -- Demosthenes

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

SubjectAuthor
* Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecutterAmandaa Ripanykhazov
+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecujmcquown
> [...]
||  `- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecumy foolish hammer-drill
|+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuS Viemeister
||+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuMike Duffy
|||+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|||`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuEd P
||`- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecucshenk
+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuAmandaa Ripanykhazov
`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecudsi1

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<AiidnQqL0bkJfr77nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307512&group=rec.food.cooking#307512

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:47:32 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:47 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/19/2024 5:02 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> > > Apparently the OP wants to know if this particular brand will
> > > live up to the claims of never screwing up rice even if you add
> > > the wrong amount of water. Does anyone here know?
> > >
> > > Jill
> >
> > Naw, won't work. Has to be the right ratio to work.
>
> That's about what I figured. No rice cooker (fuzzy logic or not)
> could correct for using the incorrect rice-to-water ratio.
>
> > The only ones
> > that don't depend on that are those terrible boil-in-bag
> > monstrosities. Sorry to those who use them but I'm a rice snob and
> > those are horrible.
> >
> My mother used to use boil-in-bag rice (after she got over using
> dehydrated 'Minute Rice'). The boil-in-bag rice is parboiled so
> you'd have to try really hard to screw it up.
>
> Jill

Ugg, tasteless grainy spackle stuff. Naw, I want my basmati, calrose,
sweet sushi and other rices!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420100238.75eeeb40@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307515&group=rec.food.cooking#307515

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:02:38 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:02 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:26:59 -0400
Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> Plenty of states have though, along with bags and straws
>
> https://www.therestaurantstore.com/styrofoam-plastic-bans

Useless and easily evaded with multiple loopholes for special interests
who can pay to play:

https://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/env/envref/envref_docs/DFWO_FAQ__Ver3.pdf

21. How are poke containers regulated?
Food ware for prepared food is regulated, while food ware for raw seafood is exempt. By definition,
poke is considered prepared food; therefore it is not exempt. Raw seafood includes seafood that is
not ready to be consumed and that needs further preparation (example: whole fish or fillets). If poke
is prepackaged prior to being provided for sale, it is exempt

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420100614.1efd188d@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307516&group=rec.food.cooking#307516

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:06:14 -0600
<uvv6ss$3dr3d$1@dont-email.me>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:06 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:48:12 +1000
Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I bet the Trump states are still polluting and stinking away, like
> Republicans like to do.

I bet the Uniparty shell game overlords love your single-minded
addiction to leftardia.

It's how they maintain their control game over us:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZHB47-MbIoM

You are so fucking stupid to play their game with such zeal, dipshit.

Now go shake your own jar.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<pxucnRMZNbUheL77nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307517&group=rec.food.cooking#307517

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:56:44 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:56 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/19/2024 5:12 PM, cshenk wrote:

> > > My three most used appliances are a toaster, wand blender and rice
> > > cooker in that order. I can cook rice just fine without it, but
> > > it's soooooo easy with it.
> > > Once a year, I fire up the KitchenAid mixer for Christmas cheese.
> > > Had I invested the money I spent on lonely, unused appliances,
> > > I'd be RICH!, RICH!, RICH!
> >
> > For me lately, rice maker, air fryer, and bread machine tied with
> > crockpot.
>
> I use the crock pot more often than any other countertop type
> appliance; when not in use I store it in the laundry room off the
> kitchen. Occasionally I use the toaster. I have a stick blender but
> I haven't used it in years. It doesn't doesn't take up much room in
> the kitchen drawer. :)
>
> Jill

My stick blender gets used rarely but it's in a drawer in the china
hutch. I got Don a smaller hot oil fryer appliance. The old one is
terribly heavy, It's going out on freecycle (still works, very nice
t-fal safety unit).

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<QpWdnaUbZeZmeL77nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307518&group=rec.food.cooking#307518

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:57:47 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:57 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/19/2024 5:14 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > > Our three most often used would be the electric kettle, the
> > > toaster and the air fryer. Frequently used would be the coffee
> > > maker, espresso maker, stand mixer and microwave. The blender and
> > > food processor are rarely used. Though I rarely use the FP, it
> > > occasionally indispensable.
> >
> > FP? Frying pan?
>
> FP = Food Processor. I rarely use mine, either, except when I want
> to quickly and uniformly slice yellow squash for squash casserole.
>
> Jill

Oh, forgot about those. I don't have one. No need for it.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<aNScnTmyHPYke777nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307519&group=rec.food.cooking#307519

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:00:57 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:00 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-04-19 6:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> > > FP?  Frying pan?
> >
> > FP = Food Processor.  I rarely use mine, either, except when I want
> > to quickly and uniformly slice yellow squash for squash casserole.
> >

> Silly me to have used FP assuming that it would be understood because
> it had been used so often for so long. I am glad I didn't say FYI or
> ASAP.

Some people have and use them. My cooking doesn't lead to one often
enough to matter.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420101523.2657d044@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307520&group=rec.food.cooking#307520

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:15:23 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:15 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 01:50:32 +0000
dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

> my foolish hammer-drill wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:27:28 +0000
> > dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

> >> I don't do photos of food in Styrofoam containers. They are banned
> >> in our state. Are they banned in your state? I seriously doubt it.
> >> Yoose people wouldn't know a biodegradable container if you got
> >> slapped alongside the head with one. Yoose think that every
> >> container that has food in it is Styrofoam. Yoose needs an
> >> education on what Styrofoam is.
> >>
> >> https://photos.app.goo.gl/oC5WEyVYHK77AAsAA
>
> > :-)
>
> > Nice tit.
>
> Is that what it is? I don't know nuttin about no boids. People bring
> stray boids to the clinic my daughter works at. I don't know why,
> they just do. That boid flew around the room and landed on the bun on
> my daughter's head. The girls here wear their hair Victorian era
> length i.e., very long. I guess the bun looked like a nest to da boid.

Humor aside, this has useful information if ya'll are doing bird rescues
now:

https://hawaiibirdrescue.com/waxbill

Apparently your food containers ban doesn't apply to waxbills any more
than it does pre-made poke.

https://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/env/envref/envref_docs/DFWO_FAQ__Ver3.pdf

21. How are poke containers regulated?
Food ware for prepared food is regulated, while food ware for raw
seafood is exempt. By definition, poke is considered prepared food;
therefore it is not exempt. Raw seafood includes seafood that is not
ready to be consumed and that needs further preparation (example: whole
fish or fillets). If poke is prepackaged prior to being provided for
sale, it is exempt.

The following items are not regulated by the DFWO:
 Disposable plastic condiment packets; food-related bags or wrappers, including, but not
limited to musubi wraps, plastic film, poi bags, chip bags, cracker and cookie wrappers, bread
bags, meal kits, or ice bags; beverage-related bottles or cartons; non-plastic cups that contain
a polyethylene or plastic coating; packaging for unprepared food; and packaging for wholesale
distribution of prepared food, baked goods or dairy products. See the definition of “plastic
food ware.”
 Polystyrene foam coolers and ice chests specifically designed and manufactured for multiple
re-use; soup or noodles packaged with polystyrene foam that has been filled and sealed prior
to receipt by the food vendor. See the definition of “polystyrene foam food ware.”
 Items contained within or attached to packaging of food or beverages, including but not
limited to, disposable utensils pre-packaged and sold with ice cream or salads. See the
definition of “service ware.”

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420101617.3c0f9ce8@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307521&group=rec.food.cooking#307521

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:16:17 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:16 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:15:56 -0500
Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> He's an eating out kind of guy.  Always has been.  At least these
> >> photos aren't of food in stryofoam containers.
> >
> >> Jill
> >
> > I don't do photos of food in Styrofoam containers. They are banned
> > in our state. Are they banned in your state? I seriously doubt it.
> > Yoose people wouldn't know a biodegradable container if you got
> > slapped alongside the head with one. Yoose think that every
> > container that has food in it is Styrofoam. Yoose needs an
> > education on what Styrofoam is.
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/oC5WEyVYHK77AAsAA
>
> Uncle, yoose ain't been here a fucking day yet, and yoose already
> smarting off to Queen Quown.
>
> She may well ban yoose smart asian ass. Don't yoose realize dat?
>
> Please, uncle, before yoose get kicked out, teach us some more new
> google shit.

Cuz he's from Skynet and he's here to "help"?

Boston Dynamics on speed dial.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420101650.3108091b@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307522&group=rec.food.cooking#307522

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:16:50 -0600
<uvuum0$37cqo$7@dont-email.me>
<7f7fa90dc9c508a6efac5110701ae86f@www.novabbs.org>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:16 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 02:18:33 +0000
dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:

> >> The most popular OS currently is most certainly not Windows. Most
> >> people have been running apps, not Windows desktop client programs
> >> for quite a while. There is no Thunderbird app. The reality is
> >> that your statement has no basis in fact. Ironic, isn't it?
>
> > Pontificate all you want. Not everyone is running Windows. Not
> > everyone wants a web based interface akin to the old Google Groups
> > nor the one you use where you choose not to quote and seemingly
> > don't have a way to set the line-wrap. There doesn't need to be an
> > "app" for Thunderbird because most people don't want to access this
> > group on a screen on their cell phone. However, there has been
> > something called K-9 which is a Thunderbird app for email available
> > for a long time now. Hmmm, appears to be Androids, Apple. Then
> > again, I don't know why anyone would need an app to access Usenet.
> > Most of us are sitting on a comfortable chair in front of our
> > computers, quite happy with our non-web based connectivity to RFC.
>
> > Jill
> > Jill
>
> Another irony, you're the one that's pontificating. My point was that
> it's not possible for me to load up Thunderbird and run it. You go on
> some rant about how happy people are using a non-web interface to
> post. So what? What's it to me? Nuttin.
>
> You're still feeling raw about that line length thing. Yoose people
> have been whining about that for a decade. I can't do a thing about
> it. Boy, yoose guys gonna look like fools in the future. Why you
> wanna look stupid for?
>
> Ha ha, that blew up my plans for more restraint in posting. Oh well,
> tomorrow is another day.

Fucking GO for it!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420101950.774ca365@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307525&group=rec.food.cooking#307525

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:19:50 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:19 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 08:46:50 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> My mother cooked rice like pasta: lots of water, cook it to a mush,
> drain and serve.

TMI!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420102100.00dadcec@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307526&group=rec.food.cooking#307526

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:21:00 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:21 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 08:48:48 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 2024-04-19, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> I've had an Eternal-September.org account as well as a Blocknews
> >> and other NNTP server accounts for about 20 years. I currently
> >> have 6 computers but none of them will run Thunderbird. Most
> >> computers these days will not run old-style desktop client
> >> programs.
> > That's one of your usual ridiculous statements with no basis in
> > fact.
>
> Technically, cell phones are computers. As is the ECU in your
> car engine.

And your newer refrigerators and ovens, so?

I know, let's try and install Tbird over the Amana OS!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420102425.02d949b8@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307527&group=rec.food.cooking#307527

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:24:25 -0600
<662381ab$0$6452$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:24 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 08:49:47 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 2024-04-19, dsi1 <dsi100@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> That's one of your usual ridiculous statements with no basis in
> >> fact.
> >
> >> Jill
> >
> > The most popular OS currently is most certainly not Windows. Most
> > people have been running apps, not Windows desktop client programs
> > for quite a while. There is no Thunderbird app. The reality is that
> > your statement has no basis in fact. Ironic, isn't it?
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=8696262544613553264&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1

Oopsie dear:

K-9 Mail is an open source *email client* that works with basically
every *email provider*.

Features

* supports multiple accounts
* Unified Inbox
* privacy-friendly (no tracking whatsoever, only connects to your email provider)
* automatic background synchronization or push notifications
* local and server-side search
* OpenPGP email encryption (PGP/MIME)

https://www.mail-archive.com/k-9-mail@googlegroups.com/msg05932.html
Sorry, _K-9 mail does not support NNTP. It is a mail client only._

--Sean

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k-9-mail/57B2AE64-AAAE-4A61-B7B9-8958F44F1C98%40seangreenslade.com.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<1RicnXulEOyfdr77nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307528&group=rec.food.cooking#307528

From: cshenk@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:19:14 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:19 UTC

https://www.statista.com/chart/27610/inflation-and-wage-growth-in-the-united-states/

> It was pretty grim during COVID and then again when Putin invaded
> Ukraine, but it's settling down now.

How much you see relates closely to your minimum wage in your state.
We seem to be in the middle zone. Jill's is still 7.25. Mine is
either 12.00 and going to 14.00 soon or just kicked over,

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420103119.0351c31f@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307529&group=rec.food.cooking#307529

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:31:19 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:31 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 09:02:55 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> I haven't noticed prices are way up--except for eggs and milk, and
> that's because we're having bird flu again. Up, yes, but not way up.

You must be dense then, or loaded with cash and willing to throw it
around.

https://www.biden-mart.com/

Boneless chicken thighs:
YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$2.00

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$3.82

PERCENT
INCREASE

91.00 %

3lbs. onions:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$2.67

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$4.14

PERCENT
INCREASE

55.06 %

Sugar:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$0.68

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$0.98

PERCENT
INCREASE

44.12 %

Zucchini:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$1.14

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$1.68

PERCENT
INCREASE

47.37 %

6 Limes:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$1.98

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$3.42

PERCENT
INCREASE

72.73 %

2lbs. ground beef:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$8.16

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$13.68

PERCENT
INCREASE

67.65 %

SOURCE: USDA DATA, JANUARY 2021 AND JANUARY 2024

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420103426.437bbee7@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307532&group=rec.food.cooking#307532

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:34:26 -0600
<662381ab$0$6452$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<662385f4$0$3711196$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<6623a7f1$0$1258340$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:34 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 11:33:05 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 2024-04-20, Hank Rogers <invalid@nospam.com> wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=8696262544613553264&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1
> >>

> > Poor old uncle. Cut him some slack on his second day back.
>
> I'm sure he and I would both be happier if I returned him to my
> killfile.

You fancy yourself far more in the forefront of his mind than you've
any evidence to support.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420103538.1f25b7a5@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307533&group=rec.food.cooking#307533

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:35:38 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:35 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 08:28:22 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> I use my own washable cloth bags for
> grocery shopping.

Creating another environmental degradation of soap and suds to be
treated.

> If I forget to take them into the store I ask for
> paper.

Killing trees to save polymers - you rock!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420103604.2c4f6eb8@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307534&group=rec.food.cooking#307534

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:36:04 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<6623ba21$0$6545$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:36 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 12:50:41 GMT
Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net> wrote:

> On 2024-04-20, jmcquown wrote:
>

> > with so-called biodegradeable reuseable plastic bags.
> > To me they simply appear to be heavier plastic.
>
> Have patience, Jill. It takes a few years, but the plastic
> becomes more brittle with time and eventually goes to pieces.
>
> After that, I suspect smaller & smaller until microbes can eat them.

Brilliant metaphor for this froup!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420103815.548b60ee@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307536&group=rec.food.cooking#307536

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:38:15 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<6623ba21$0$6545$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<6623bd6c$0$6546$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:38 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:04:45 -0400
Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> On 4/20/2024 8:50 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> > On 2024-04-20, jmcquown wrote:
> >

> >> with so-called biodegradeable reuseable plastic bags.
> >> To me they simply appear to be heavier plastic.
> >
> > Have patience, Jill. It takes a few years, but the plastic
> > becomes more brittle with time and eventually goes to pieces.
> >
> > After that, I suspect smaller & smaller until microbes can eat them.
> >

> Correct. In the ocean it degrades and the fish consume it and then
> we eat the fish.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/my2jthb

+1

https://youtu.be/MnCbTTTi7ic

https://youtu.be/P8drUT_cZy8

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420103937.483331e3@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307537&group=rec.food.cooking#307537

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:39:37 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<6623ba21$0$6545$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<v00f6a$3m5vi$1@dont-email.me>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:39 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:15:45 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 4/20/2024 8:50 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> > On 2024-04-20, jmcquown wrote:
> >

> >> with so-called biodegradeable reuseable plastic bags.
> >> To me they simply appear to be heavier plastic.
> >
> > Have patience, Jill. It takes a few years, but the plastic
> > becomes more brittle with time and eventually goes to pieces.
> >
> > After that, I suspect smaller & smaller until microbes can eat them.
> >
> I won't be around to see it so I'll just stick with using cloth bags
> or paper. :)
>
> Jill

Thereby killing trees needlessly and sudsing up our groundwater while
you primp in the Tabby Room.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420104435.62cb17a1@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307539&group=rec.food.cooking#307539

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:44:35 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<rgPUN.48388$cMe1.44835@fx10.iad>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:44 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:18:14 -0400
Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> It took most of us a
> while to learn to remember to keep some bags in our cars and then to
> take them into the store with us.

Completely superfluous hair-shirtism while the reality of exempted
industries and uses is:

https://nmc-mic.ca/2022/06/30/federal-ban-on-single-use-plastics-has-exemptions-for-industry/

On June 20, the federal government published its final regulations to
prohibit single-use plastic bags, including bags used for checkout,
cutlery, straws and more.

We can confirm, however, that bags used to protect newspapers, or other
printed materials left at a person’s residence or place of business,
are exempted from the nationwide ban.

https://compostable.ca/en/pages/foire-aux-questions-frequently-asked-questions

Are Flexible Plastic Straws Allowed in Canada?
In order to ensure accessibility for those who need a straw in order to drink effectively, flexible plastic straws are not banned (including compostable versions) and can be distributed in the following situations:

⁠— Packs of 20 or more flexible straws can be sold to customers;— Businesses can sell quantities over 20 to other businesses;
⁠— Individuals in family settings may give flexible straws to others;
⁠— Care institutions (hospitals and retirement homes, for example) may provide flexible straws to patients or residents.

Flexible straws are still subject to a number of restrictions:

⁠— Straws cannot be openly displayed where a customer can look at or touch the packaging without aid from an employee;
⁠— In all cases, the recipient must ask for them before they can be
provided.

What Exceptions are there to the Federal Single-Use Plastic Ban?
Some notable exceptions and definitions in the federal single-use plastic ban include:

⁠— Flexible plastic straws - (sold in packs of at least 20, only upon customer request);
⁠— Reusable plastic checkout bags - (defined as usable at least 100 times when carrying up to 10kg over 53 metres);
⁠— Reusable plastic cutlery - (defined as able to be washed at least 100 times in a normal dishwasher without noticeable change).

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420104747.4ed20508@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307540&group=rec.food.cooking#307540

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:47:47 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<6623ba21$0$6545$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<6623bd6c$0$6546$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<v00ff1$3m5vi$2@dont-email.me>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:47 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:20:24 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 4/20/2024 9:04 AM, Ed P wrote:

> >> Have patience, Jill. It takes a few years, but the plastic
> >> becomes more brittle with time and eventually goes to pieces.
> >>
> >> After that, I suspect smaller & smaller until microbes can eat
> >> them.
> >
> > Correct.  In the ocean it degrades and the fish consume it and then
> > we eat the fish.
> >
> > https://tinyurl.com/my2jthb
> >

> That's disturbing on so many levels. :(
>
> Jill
Yet you're sending your soap suds from washing those cloth grocery sacks
right down the to the same end:

https://youtu.be/rRlejzlW8BQ

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420104814.7041c352@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307541&group=rec.food.cooking#307541

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:48:14 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<6623ba21$0$6545$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
<5kPUN.48389$cMe1.527@fx10.iad>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:48 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:22:08 -0400
Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I pulled on the loose end of the roll
> and the bag I was pulled disintegrated in my fingers.

TMI!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420105251.36c143b7@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307549&group=rec.food.cooking#307549

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:52:51 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<rgPUN.48388$cMe1.44835@fx10.iad>
<v00jrl$3n4ed$2@dont-email.me>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:52 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:35:23 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> Grocery stores here don't charge for
> paper bags.

Tree killing made cheap by -- the state!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420105408.6605b6dc@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307551&group=rec.food.cooking#307551

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:54:08 -0600
<v00cdf$3lb0s$2@dont-email.me>
<6623d509$0$3711194$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:54 UTC

On 20 Apr 2024 14:45:29 GMT
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

> Mine are cloth. Nylon (I think), so still plastic.

But also not needing of constant laundering.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240420105553.6a455130@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307553&group=rec.food.cooking#307553

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:55:53 -0600
<uvuum0$37cqo$7@dont-email.me>
<gtmdncy3ab6hf777nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:55 UTC

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:41:48 +0000
"cshenk" <cshenk@virginia-beach.net> wrote:

> Jill, I'd drop this.

Why?

Why are you such a supplicant to the dataw queen?

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)