From: j63840576@gmail.com (Praetor Mandrake)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Subject: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 00:43:37 -0600
 by: Praetor Mandrake - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 06:43 UTC

I believe it takes many little advantages over your average player to
put the RNG daemon away. For example when I first started playing
hack, I used the diagonal keys even though many of my mates used only
defined adjacent moves.

The latest improvement I'm working on is wearing my glasses. I could
die every 60 turns or I could see what I'm doing. It will at least
substitute as a credit card during Gehennom.

Re: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy

<005e36fa-31ed-45e2-bcf8-2aaa75b91ab3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3194&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#3194

Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 20:16:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy
From: j63840576@gmail.com (Julian)
 by: Julian - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 04:16 UTC

On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:43:42 AM UTC-6, Julian wrote:
> I believe it takes many little advantages over your average player to
> put the RNG daemon away. For example when I first started playing
> hack, I used the diagonal keys even though many of my mates used only
> defined adjacent moves.
>
> The latest improvement I'm working on is wearing my glasses. I could
> die every 60 turns or I could see what I'm doing. It will at least
> substitute as a credit card during Gehennom.

sorry by the time i was done writing this i realized how important my new "little" advantage is and I'm not ready to part with it. The second paragraph is nonsense.

Re: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy

<28bc431e-79b0-4c77-a5ff-a4b6515ef4dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3195&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#3195

Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:10:48 -0800 (PST)
From: j63840576@gmail.com (Julian)
 by: Julian - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 01:10 UTC

On Saturday, January 20, 2024 at 10:16:44 PM UTC-6, Julian wrote:
> On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:43:42 AM UTC-6, Julian wrote:
> > I believe it takes many little advantages over your average player to
> > put the RNG daemon away. For example when I first started playing
> > hack, I used the diagonal keys even though many of my mates used only
> > defined adjacent moves.
> >
> > The latest improvement I'm working on is wearing my glasses. I could
> > die every 60 turns or I could see what I'm doing. It will at least
> > substitute as a credit card during Gehennom.
> sorry by the time i was done writing this i realized how important my new "little" advantage is and I'm not ready to part with it. The second paragraph is nonsense.

I suppose after all the help I've received here I ought to let you in on what I decided:

After getting wounded in combat many people sit in place and heal up to maximum. This is a waste of food.

You wouldn't believe the food savings when healing on the go, choose a path that is low threat and use it to get to a different venue instead of wasting time sitting in place.

What I already know is at the start you have two places to get experience, the mines and deeper in the dungeons of doom. When you reach Sokoban that opens up a third venue. I hammer away at these venues until experience doesn't help anymore. I'm not perfect at it - writing this reminded me of the third option which I gravely needed in my NAO priest game. I've got a mind flayer in the mines and relentless ants in the dungeon of doom. Time for Sokoban.

He's got a blessed corroded mace +2. I'm not certain what the penalties are for corroded and I don't really like the performance I'm getting.

Re: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy

<l2r48vF10niU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3198&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#3198

From: lnlarson@stoat.inhoin.edu (Lane Larson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:29:02 -0600
 by: Lane Larson - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:29 UTC

Julian wrote:
> On Saturday, January 20, 2024 at 10:16:44 PM UTC-6, Julian wrote:
>> On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:43:42 AM UTC-6, Julian wrote:
>>> I believe it takes many little advantages over your average player to
>>> put the RNG daemon away. For example when I first started playing
>>> hack, I used the diagonal keys even though many of my mates used only
>>> defined adjacent moves.
>>>
>>> The latest improvement I'm working on is wearing my glasses. I could
>>> die every 60 turns or I could see what I'm doing. It will at least
>>> substitute as a credit card during Gehennom.
>> sorry by the time i was done writing this i realized how important my new "little" advantage is and I'm not ready to part with it. The second paragraph is nonsense.
>
> I suppose after all the help I've received here I ought to let you in on what I decided:
>
> After getting wounded in combat many people sit in place and heal up to maximum. This is a waste of food.
>
> You wouldn't believe the food savings when healing on the go, choose a path that is low threat and use it to get to a different venue instead of wasting time sitting in place.
>
> What I already know is at the start you have two places to get experience, the mines and deeper in the dungeons of doom. When you reach Sokoban that opens up a third venue. I hammer away at these venues until experience doesn't help anymore. I'm not perfect at it - writing this reminded me of the third option which I gravely needed in my NAO priest game. I've got a mind flayer in the mines and relentless ants in the dungeon of doom. Time for Sokoban.
>
> He's got a blessed corroded mace +2. I'm not certain what the penalties are for corroded and I don't really like the performance I'm getting.

Nailed that mind flayer wielding the mace and doing well at lvl 9.
Taking it safe and slow. Had one dark potion freeze by winter wolf cub,
other than that no complaints. AC is -4, will hit up minetown priestess
soon for protection. Priest is chaotic male.

Re: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy

<l2t7gkFd27jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3199&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#3199

From: lnlarson@stoat.inhoin.edu (Lane Larson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:36:35 -0600
 by: Lane Larson - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 00:36 UTC

Lane Larson wrote:
> Julian wrote:

>>> sorry by the time i was done writing this i realized how important my
>>> new "little" advantage is and I'm not ready to part with it. The
>>> second paragraph is nonsense.
>>
>> I suppose after all the help I've received here I ought to let you in
>> on what I decided:
>>
>> After getting wounded in combat many people sit in place and heal up
>> to maximum.  This is a waste of food.
>>
>> You wouldn't believe the food savings when healing on the go, choose a
>> path that is low threat and use it to get to a different venue instead
>> of wasting time sitting in place.
>>
>> What I already know is at the start you have two places to get
>> experience, the mines and deeper in the dungeons of doom.  When you
>> reach Sokoban that opens up a third venue.  I hammer away at these
>> venues until experience doesn't help anymore.   I'm not perfect at it
>> - writing this reminded me of the third option which I gravely needed
>> in my NAO priest game.  I've got a mind flayer in the mines and
>> relentless ants in the dungeon of doom.  Time for Sokoban.
>>
>> He's got a blessed corroded mace +2.  I'm not certain what the
>> penalties are for corroded and I don't really like the performance I'm
>> getting.
>>
> Nailed that mind flayer wielding the mace and doing well at lvl 9.
> Taking it safe and slow.  Had one dark potion freeze by winter wolf cub,
> other than that no complaints.  AC is -4, will hit up minetown priestess
> soon for protection.  Priest is chaotic male.

Found a bilious monster and mentally prepared myself to club it to death.

Threw the thonged club at the hideous blob, where it landed.

0% chance of returning to hand if not wielded.

I think this is second level muscle memory.

Re: baghavad gita 75 cents a copy

<l3cvmeF8klqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3202&group=rec.games.roguelike.nethack#3202

From: lnlarson@stoat.inhoin.edu (Lane Larson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 18:01:17 -0600
 by: Lane Larson - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 00:01 UTC

Lane Larson wrote:
> Lane Larson wrote:
>> Julian wrote:

>>> I suppose after all the help I've received here I ought to let you in
>>> on what I decided:
>>>
>>> After getting wounded in combat many people sit in place and heal up
>>> to maximum.  This is a waste of food.
>>>
>>> You wouldn't believe the food savings when healing on the go, choose
>>> a path that is low threat and use it to get to a different venue
>>> instead of wasting time sitting in place.
>>>
>>> What I already know is at the start you have two places to get
>>> experience, the mines and deeper in the dungeons of doom.  When you
>>> reach Sokoban that opens up a third venue.  I hammer away at these
>>> venues until experience doesn't help anymore.   I'm not perfect at it
>>> - writing this reminded me of the third option which I gravely needed
>>> in my NAO priest game.  I've got a mind flayer in the mines and
>>> relentless ants in the dungeon of doom.  Time for Sokoban.
>>>
>>> He's got a blessed corroded mace +2.  I'm not certain what the
>>> penalties are for corroded and I don't really like the performance
>>> I'm getting.
>>>
>> Nailed that mind flayer wielding the mace and doing well at lvl 9.
>> Taking it safe and slow.  Had one dark potion freeze by winter wolf
>> cub, other than that no complaints.  AC is -4, will hit up minetown
>> priestess soon for protection.  Priest is chaotic male.
>
> Found a bilious monster and mentally prepared myself to club it to death.
>
> Threw the thonged club at the hideous blob, where it landed.
>
> 0% chance of returning to hand if not wielded.
>
> I think this is second level muscle memory.

Got to lvl 16. Two ! of gain level and a wraith corpse after a
polymorph trap gave me two levels. I screwed up with the potions, but
got lucky anyways and found a wraith corpse. One aligned altar in
Orctown. Right now diving to find a temple and protection. @dlvl14,
will go down to dlvl20. AC around -5, passable for these early levels.