From: slider@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Georgia
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:41:23 -0000
 by: slider - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:41 UTC

Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, is a former
Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea
beaches. The capital, Tbilisi, is known for the diverse architecture and
mazelike, cobblestone streets of its old town. ― Google

### - oh-oh... so is 'georgia' gonna become a problem now??

(anything that makes the situation more unstable out there can't be good)

Re: Georgia... latest

<op.11llqfjn7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3239&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3239

From: slider@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: Georgia... latest
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 16:07:17 -0000
 by: slider - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 16:07 UTC

> - oh-oh... so is 'georgia' gonna become a problem now??
>
> (anything that makes the situation more unstable out there can't be good)

update:

Russia cautions regional allies against aligning with the United States

MOSCOW, March 10 (Reuters) - Russia on Friday cautioned allies across the
former Soviet Union of the perils of aligning with the United States after
what Moscow said was a Western-backed coup attempt in Georgia similar to
the Ukrainian "Maidan" revolution of 2014.

Russia, tied down in the deadliest conflict in Europe since World War Two,
has seen its authority challenged by a number of neighbours and
traditional allies since President Vladimir Putin sent troops into Ukraine
in February last year.

In Tbilisi, thousands of Georgians took to the streets over three
consecutive nights to protest against what they said was a
Russian-inspired "foreign agents" law that threatened to derail the
country's bid for closer ties with Europe.

"It seems to me that all the countries located around the Russian
Federation should draw their own conclusions about how dangerous it is to
take a path towards engagement with the United States' zone of
responsibility, its zone of interests."

The remarks from Putin's top diplomat indicate the level of nervousness in
Moscow over the weakening of its authority everywhere from Armenia and
Azerbaijan in the South Caucasus to Kazakhstan and Tajikistan in Central
Asia.

Putin casts the war in Ukraine as an existential battle with the West over
the future of both Russia and its former Soviet and imperial satellites
which since 1991 have been courted by the United States, NATO, the EU, and
China.

Washington, Brussels and NATO say they are legitimately building ties with
countries which became independent after the fall of the Soviet Union -
and that many fear their much more powerful neighbour Russia.

POST-SOVIET BATTLE

For centuries, Russia has been the ultimate arbiter of affairs across the
vast lands which for nearly three centuries made up the Russian empire and
then the Soviet Union.

But the war in Ukraine, which Putin casts as a watershed moment when
Moscow finally pushed back against the West's attempts to contain it, has
tied down Russia's military.

Opponents of Putin say the war could ultimately usher in a new phase of
the Soviet collapse that could sow chaos across Russia and allow rivals to
turn Moscow's former satellites either towards the West or towards China.

Washington and the broader West, Lavrov said, wanted to punish Russia
because it was perceived as "too independent a player" which challenged
the hegemony of the United States.

Lavrov, Putin's foreign minister since 2004, said that events in Georgia
were orchestrated from outside and motivated by a Western attempt to claw
away Russia's traditional allies.

He said Georgia's law on foreign agents, which parliament dropped on
Friday, had been used as a pretext "to start what is, essentially, an
attempt to force a change of power."

He did not present evidence to back his assertions. Opposition politicians
and protesters in Georgia deny they are puppets.

They say they simply did not agree with the proposed law and want a
Western future which Russia, that fought a war against Georgia in 2008,
does not offer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-cautions-regional-allies-against-aligning-with-united-states-2023-03-10/

### - ukraine-2 perhaps...