All most people want is a little more than they'll ever get.

interests / rec.games.video.classic / My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM

SubjectAuthor
* My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIMMima-sama
+* My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIMKijin Seija
|+- OT: Crossposting issue (was Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECTKijin Seija
|`- My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIMMima-sama
`* My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIMTakane Yamashiro
 `- My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIMMima-sama

1
My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM

<uf344o$3htp5$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=344&group=rec.games.video.classic#344

From: mi@masa.ma (Mima-sama)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.games.video.misc,alt.music.trance,japan.comp.pc98,tw.bbs.music.japan,rec.games.video.classic
Subject: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:49:12 +0800
 by: Mima-sama - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 05:49 UTC

On 9/28/2023 10:35, Takane Yamashiro wrote:
> So I thought of doing one of those daily posting things from the
> r/touhou subreddit, to make the discussion in this newsgroup more
> lively. Please feel free to do one yourself too as a follow-up to this
> message, and crosspost your daily to any newsgroup your chosen music is
> relevant to (don't forget to change the title and reference this post by
> Message-ID). :) It can be any Touhou music, whether official, fan
> remixed, or even fan originals (as long as they're sufficiently
> Touhou-styled)!

Alright, I'm gonna follow you up. :)

(The parent message's ID is <uf2opt$3glpa$1@dont-email.me>)

My Touhou music of the day is PERFECT AIM by the doujin circle SOUND
HOLIC. You can listen here in YouTube (via Invidious) with Traditional
Chinese and English subtitles (since it's a Japanese vocal):
https://yt.chaotic.ninja/watch?v=OZ1rdcBIfNw

It's a J-Trance and rock remix of two themes from Touhou 2 (PC-98 era):
- Extra Love (extra stage theme)
- Tank Girl's Dream (Rika's extra boss theme)

Hence the addition of alt.music.trance, japan.comp.pc98,
tw.bbs.music.japan, and rec.games.video.classic to the crossposts.

This SOUND HOLIC arrange has been eating at my mind like a brainworm.
It's such a fire remix that I had it on loop for hours, especially when
I'm coding.

It also doesn't help that I *love* Rika from Story of Eastern
Wonderland, and that I think she's a very underrated character in the
whole Touhou series. Yes, being a PC-98 character automatically makes
you underrated (except if you're Mima, Yuuka, or maybe Shinki or Elly),
but damn Rika is a contender for being the most underrated. She's purely
human (and not a youkai like Nitori, who is an engineer like Rika) yet
has built tanks, made bakebake (which are stage enemies that look like
ghosts and will become a staple of the series until the end of the PC-98
era), and given Reimu hell in extra stage. That makes Rika more the
impressive to me compared to Nitori.

Anyway back to the music, the instruments are all fantastic. The 12
second mark is such a powerful start you could've told me it comes from
Ace Combat or shit and I would've believed you for a second. The
electric guitars are absolutely shredding, and the vocalist has a
beautiful voice, as expected from SOUND HOLIC!

--
Mima
Reincarnated Legendary Evil Spirit of Complete Darkness

Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM

<uf36dt$3ihkh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=345&group=rec.games.video.classic#345

From: seija@kishinjou.castle (Kijin Seija)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.games.video.misc,alt.music.trance,rec.games.video.classic
Subject: Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:27:40 +0800
 by: Kijin Seija - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:27 UTC

Mima-sama wrote:
> My Touhou music of the day is PERFECT AIM by the doujin circle SOUND
> HOLIC. You can listen here in YouTube (via Invidious) with Traditional
> Chinese and English subtitles (since it's a Japanese vocal):
> https://yt.chaotic.ninja/watch?v=OZ1rdcBIfNw
>
> It's a J-Trance and rock remix of two themes from Touhou 2 (PC-98 era):
> - Extra Love (extra stage theme)
> - Tank Girl's Dream (Rika's extra boss theme)
>
> Hence the addition of alt.music.trance, japan.comp.pc98,
> tw.bbs.music.japan, and rec.games.video.classic to the crossposts.
>
> This SOUND HOLIC arrange has been eating at my mind like a brainworm.
> It's such a fire remix that I had it on loop for hours, especially when
> I'm coding.
>
> It also doesn't help that I *love* Rika from Story of Eastern
> Wonderland, and that I think she's a very underrated character in the
> whole Touhou series. Yes, being a PC-98 character automatically makes
> you underrated (except if you're Mima, Yuuka, or maybe Shinki or Elly),
> but damn Rika is a contender for being the most underrated. She's purely
> human (and not a youkai like Nitori, who is an engineer like Rika) yet
> has built tanks, made bakebake (which are stage enemies that look like
> ghosts and will become a staple of the series until the end of the PC-98
> era), and given Reimu hell in extra stage. That makes Rika more the
> impressive to me compared to Nitori.
>
> Anyway back to the music, the instruments are all fantastic. The 12
> second mark is such a powerful start you could've told me it comes from
> Ace Combat or shit and I would've believed you for a second. The
> electric guitars are absolutely shredding, and the vocalist has a
> beautiful voice, as expected from SOUND HOLIC!

Hot damn, that's some lit music indeed :D

Anyway I wonder if posting to alt.music.trance was the right choice.
This sounds more like rock to me, and there are plenty of rock
newsgroups here

OT: Crossposting issue (was Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM)

<uf36id$3ihkh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=346&group=rec.games.video.classic#346

From: seija@kishinjou.castle (Kijin Seija)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.games.video.misc,alt.music.trance,rec.games.video.classic
Subject: OT: Crossposting issue (was Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT
AIM)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:30:38 +0800
 by: Kijin Seija - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:30 UTC

I've also removed the japan and tw newsgroups from crossposting since my
client (SeaMonkey) is erroring out every time I post the message
including those two:

"You can only send a message to one news server at a time"

Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM

<uf3747$3htp5$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=347&group=rec.games.video.classic#347

From: mi@masa.ma (Mima-sama)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.games.video.misc,alt.music.trance,rec.games.video.classic
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:40:08 +0800
 by: Mima-sama - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:40 UTC

On 9/28/2023 14:27, Kijin Seija wrote:
> Anyway I wonder if posting to alt.music.trance was the right choice.
> This sounds more like rock to me, and there are plenty of rock
> newsgroups here

It's described as J-Trance in this reupload by Kappashiro (who is
well-known in YouTube ripping CDs or albums):
https://yt.chaotic.ninja/watch?v=JqXipxfApm8

And it did have some trance elements there at least, so that's why. But
I guess you're right, in hindsight I should've replaced alt.music.trance
with alt.rock-n-roll... I just had too many newsgroups listed apparently
and I had to trim down.

--
Mima
Reincarnated Legendary Evil Spirit of Complete Darkness

Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM

<uf3hj5$3kggq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=348&group=rec.games.video.classic#348

From: takane@yamawa.ro (Takane Yamashiro)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.games.video.misc,alt.music.trance,japan.comp.pc98,tw.bbs.music.japan,rec.games.video.classic
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:38:43 +0800
 by: Takane Yamashiro - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:38 UTC

On 9/28/2023 13:49, Mima-sama wrote:
> My Touhou music of the day is PERFECT AIM by the doujin circle SOUND
> HOLIC. You can listen here in YouTube (via Invidious) with Traditional
> Chinese and English subtitles (since it's a Japanese vocal):
> https://yt.chaotic.ninja/watch?v=OZ1rdcBIfNw
>
> It's a J-Trance and rock remix of two themes from Touhou 2 (PC-98 era):
> - Extra Love (extra stage theme)
> - Tank Girl's Dream (Rika's extra boss theme)

Loved it. The Rika background used by the uploader is cool too.

> It also doesn't help that I *love* Rika from Story of Eastern
> Wonderland, and that I think she's a very underrated character in the
> whole Touhou series. Yes, being a PC-98 character automatically makes
> you underrated (except if you're Mima, Yuuka, or maybe Shinki or Elly),
> but damn Rika is a contender for being the most underrated. She's purely
> human (and not a youkai like Nitori, who is an engineer like Rika) yet
> has built tanks, made bakebake (which are stage enemies that look like
> ghosts and will become a staple of the series until the end of the PC-98
> era), and given Reimu hell in extra stage. That makes Rika more the
> impressive to me compared to Nitori.

I wonder what Nitori would think of Rika if they meet each other. Since
they're both engineers it probably is likely that the one will encounter
the other somehow someday... :)

(On a lesser related note I should get back around to playing PC-98...)

Re: My Daily Touhou Music #1: PERFECT AIM

<uf3hs9$3htp5$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=349&group=rec.games.video.classic#349

From: mi@masa.ma (Mima-sama)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc,rec.games.video.misc,alt.music.trance,japan.comp.pc98,tw.bbs.music.japan,rec.games.video.classic
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:43:37 +0800
 by: Mima-sama - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:43 UTC

On 9/28/2023 17:38, Takane Yamashiro wrote:
> Loved it. The Rika background used by the uploader is cool too.

EX Rika is best Rika! :D

> I wonder what Nitori would think of Rika if they meet each other. Since
> they're both engineers it probably is likely that the one will encounter
> the other somehow someday... :)

Nitori would probably be curious first on how Rika was able to achieve
her engineering feats without any magic at all (or at least as far as we
know, but it does seem like Rika doesn't look like the type who would
know how to use magic though). And befriend her of course. Kappa and
humans are friends! :D

> (On a lesser related note I should get back around to playing PC-98...)

Gotta virtually dust off that virtual hard disk image! :3