Sometimes, too long is too long. -- Joe Crowe

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to Ukraine

SubjectAuthor
* Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent toslider
`* Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sentchris rodgers
 +* Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sentslider
 |`- Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sentLowRider44M
 `- Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sentLowRider44M

1
Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to Ukraine

<tt0nb0$s748$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3536&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3536

From: slider@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to
Ukraine
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 21:05:34 +0000
 by: slider - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 21:05 UTC

In her first speech in the House of Commons since quitting as PM, Ms
Truss said Britain and other allies 'need to do all we can to make sure
Ukraine wins this war as soon as possible'.

She warned that 'every extra day' without a Ukrainian victory meant
'lives lost, women violated, towns destroyed'.

'We need to do all we can as fast as we can - my view is that does
include fighter jets,' Ms Truss told MPs this evening.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11772983/Liz-Truss-joins-Boris-Johnson-calling-fighter-jets-sent-Ukraine.html

She spoke in the Commons shortly after Mr Johnson had reiterated his own
demand for Ukraine to be supplied with greater air power.

The former premiers, who sat near each other on the Tory back benches,
also both used tonight's debate on Ukraine to hit out at China.

Ms Truss warned about the threat posed by Beijing to Taiwan, while Mr
Johnson told MPs it was 'becoming ever clearer that China is preparing
to arm the Russians' in Ukraine.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has been tasked with investigating what
jets the UK could potentially give to Ukraine.

At the weekend, Mr Sunak said Britain stood ready 'to help any country
provide planes that Ukraine can use today'.

'But we must also train Ukrainian pilots to use the most advanced jets,'
he added.

In the Commons tonight, Mr Johnson called on Western nations to 'cut to
the chase and give them the planes too'.

'If the House was in any doubt about the urgency of increasing our
supply of equipment to the Ukrainians it is becoming ever clearer that
China is preparing to arm the Russians,' he said.

'With the right kit, including more long-range artillery they can punch
through the land bridge, cut off Crimea and deal a knock-out blow to
Putin’s plans, and they should not stop there.'

Mr Johnson called on the West to 'end our obfuscation about what we
think of as a Ukrainian victory and what we think of as Ukraine'.

He stressed that Ukraine's forces should be helped to restore their
country to its borders when it became independent in 1991, not the
borders of February 24 last year when Mr Putin began his full-scale
invasion effort.

In 2014, the Russian President annexed the Crimea peninsula and also
oversaw Russian-backed rebels seize control of parts of eastern Ukraine.

In her own speech following Mr Johnson, Ms Truss recalled what it was
like being in Government after Russia invaded Ukraine last year.

She said: 'We, together with our allies, not just in the G7 but around
the world, everywhere from Australia, to Singapore, to Switzerland, we
put on the toughest sanctions and we pushed back the Russian economy by
decades.

'We also supplied weapons to Ukraine, and many around this chamber have
commented that maybe we should have supplied weapons earlier.

'But I can tell you from working inside the Government, that we did all
we could as quickly as we could to persuade allies.

'And we have built up now an alliance of countries supplying those weapons.

'I can’t wait to see the tanks, and I can’t wait to see the fighter jets
in Ukraine to help those brave Ukrainians.'

At the beginning of tonight's debate in the Commons, Foreign Secretary
James Cleverly insisted Britain would provide 'more advanced
capabilities across land, across sea, and across air' to Ukraine.

### - oh boy, they were REALLY banging the drums of war here today!?

the boris (who gets fatter everytime he's seen) really going to town,
waving his arms about & getting all fat and flustered (heh) in his
passion FOR war when they SHOULD all be calling for an END to it??

jeez, we should indeed be careful what we wish for!

2022 apparently just the prep-rehearsal for 2023...

can't see any way out of it now, damn...

there's a storm coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZT_OxPRmSw

(great/long version)

Re: Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to Ukraine

<d8612eb8-6832-4204-bb7b-995a6cc9a537n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3537&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3537

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 15:22:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent
to Ukraine
From: allreadydun@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 23:22 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 1:05:38 PM UTC-8, slider wrote:
> [...]
> we could as quickly as we could to persuade allies.
>
> 'And we have built up now an alliance of countries supplying those weapons.
>
> 'I can’t wait to see the tanks, and I can’t wait to see the fighter jets
> in Ukraine to help those brave Ukrainians.'
>
> At the beginning of tonight's debate in the Commons, Foreign Secretary
> James Cleverly insisted Britain would provide 'more advanced
> capabilities across land, across sea, and across air' to Ukraine.
>
> ### - oh boy, they were REALLY banging the drums of war here today!?
>
> the boris (who gets fatter everytime he's seen) really going to town,
> waving his arms about & getting all fat and flustered (heh) in his
> passion FOR war when they SHOULD all be calling for an END to it??
>
> jeez, we should indeed be careful what we wish for!
>
> 2022 apparently just the prep-rehearsal for 2023...
>
> can't see any way out of it now, damn...

no time to fool around i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShMQw2H2cM

Re: Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to Ukraine

<tt15gl$tkvh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3538&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3538

From: slider@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
to Ukraine
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 01:07:31 +0000
 by: slider - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 01:07 UTC

> no time to fool around i guess

### - so where's OUR nelson mandela when we needs him dammit!!!

(prolly jerkin' off someplace haha :)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEewD4EVwU

(great trumpet solo)

Re: Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to Ukraine

<c4014e3c-200e-46a8-a870-a1e32d45ab44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3539&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3539

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:39:41 -0800 (PST)
to Ukraine
From: intraphase@gmail.com (LowRider44M)
 by: LowRider44M - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 03:39 UTC

> > there's a storm coming
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZT_OxPRmSw
> >
> > (great/long version)
> no time to fool around i guess

The Doors are the heart of 67-71.
I thought you were going here.
"There's a storm coming..."
https://youtu.be/SO0WmL-bJf8?t=108

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShMQw2H2cM

That's a great cut.
Right back at ya...
"Don't turn around... ???"
Extended - Russian
https://youtu.be/8-bgiiTxhzM
Short - English
https://youtu.be/vBfFDTPPlaM

My thoughts on war concisely, "I had a bad day, with her angel wings."
QWERTY - Mushroomhead
https://youtu.be/1JZGFjufJEY

Re: Truss joins Boris Johnson in calling for fighter jets to be sent to Ukraine

<b038b557-6abb-4417-b911-81a6dbeee510n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3540&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3540

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:45:53 -0800 (PST)
to Ukraine
From: intraphase@gmail.com (LowRider44M)
 by: LowRider44M - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 03:45 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 8:07:34 PM UTC-5, slider wrote:
> > no time to fool around i guess
> ### - so where's OUR nelson mandela when we needs him dammit!!!
>
> (prolly jerkin' off someplace haha :)))
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEewD4EVwU
>
> (great trumpet solo)

It's got that eternal dream story in the lyrics.

Get Ready - Rare Earth
https://youtu.be/3rsMB5cxPc8