From: slider@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Emergency alert test will sound today on all U.S. cellphones
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 15:07:18 +0100
 by: slider - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 14:07 UTC

Your electronic devices may alarm you today — but there's a reason for
that.

A nationwide test of the federal emergency alert system will be broadcast
at approximately 2:20 p.m. EDT to cellphones, televisions and radios
across the United States.

https://news.yahoo.com/emergency-alert-test-sound-oct-183012468.html

The test will occur simultaneously across time zones, so people in the
middle of the country can expect it at 1:20 p.m. Central Time, or 12:20
p.m. Mountain Time. On the West Coast it will be at 11:20 a.m. Pacific
Time. In most of Alaska it's at 10:20 a.m., and in Hawaii, 8:20 a.m. local
time.

Most Americans with wireless cellular devices will receive an emergency
alert message on their phones, as will most whose televisions or radios
are on when the test occurs.

Russia tested its own emergency public warning system on Wednesday,
sounding sirens across the country and interrupting some television and
radio broadcasts, Reuters reported.

Here's what to know about the upcoming U.S. test:

What is an emergency alert?

The Federal Emergency Management Agency will conduct today's test in
coordination with the Federal Communications Commission. Emergency alert
messages that make up the test are divided into two groups — the Emergency
Alert System for radios and televisions, and the Wireless Emergency Alerts
for wireless phones — although both are scheduled to happen at once.

Today will mark the seventh nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System.
Six previous tests were conducted over the years between November 2011 and
August 2021. This will be the third nationwide test of wireless alerts,
and the second nationwide test transmitted to all cellphones, FEMA said in
a statement.

As the Wireless Emergency Alert test is sent out to phones, the Emergency
Alert System test will be sent to televisions and radios.

"With the combination, you're going to catch a wide swath of people," said
Joseph Trainor, a core faculty member at the University of Delaware's
Disaster Research Center, who studies the design of disaster warning
systems and how they operate, with a particular focus on mobile warning
systems and smart warning systems. Trainor has worked with government
agencies before, in the U.S. and abroad, to develop their emergency
warning systems and procedures.

"We know that they are effective systems," Trainor told CBS News. "Like
any system, there are strengths and weaknesses. How many characters you
can use, how much you can transmit, how fast you can get it out. Every
system has limits, and that's why we tell people, when we are giving
advice about building warning systems, you don't ever want to rely on just
one thing."

"If at some point the time comes that we need to put a wireless emergency
alert to the entire nation, for some really serious, catastrophic event,
the ability to send out messages in little places, smaller counties,
smaller geographic areas, is not the same as having the capacity to
distribute those messages across the entire system," Trainor explained.
"So, one of the reasons that you might do something like this is to test
the technological limits of the system, to make sure that it's available
in that way."

### - where are we? (it's been a while huh...)

so it's just a weird 'coincidence' then that both russia AND america are
BOTH testing their public emergency alert systems within 24 hours of each
other??

nah, there ain't no such animal folks, they obviously know something we
don't...

that the risk is currently quite... 'high'

perhaps because too many red lines have already been crossed from russia's
pov?

and because the current stalemate situation is slowly crippling western
economy and they can't possibly afford to let it continue crashing...

thus some 'different' kinda western escalation is on the horizon that
carries extra risk

(they's upping the ante again boss!)