The whole earth is in jail and we're plotting this incredible jailbreak. -- Wavy Gravy

interests / rec.games.trivia / QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

SubjectAuthor
* QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequelsMark Brader
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequelsErland Sommarskog
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequelsDan Blum
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequelsswp
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequelsJoshua Kreitzer
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequelsDan Tilque
`* QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequelsMark Brader
 `* QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequelsswp
  `- QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequelsDan Blum

1
QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

<gv2cnWQgUKy6B_D5nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4796&group=rec.games.trivia#4796

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 05:01:27 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Wed, 24 May 2023 05:01 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-05-08,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of Bloor St. Irregulars and
are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information please
see my recent companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts

We all know that the Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup in 55
years. Given a sport and the relevant span of years, identify
the team which has failed to win the applicable championship.
Please specify location and team name, e.g. Toronto Maple Leafs.

1. Baseball, 1908-2016.
2. Baseball, 1948-present.
3. Hockey, 1940-94.
4. Hockey, 1961-2010.
5. American football, 1969-present.
6. American football, 1964-present.
7. Soccer World Cup, 1966-present.
8. Soccer World Cup, never won. Lost World Cup final in 1974,
1978, and 2010.
9. Hockey, never won (although an unrelated team last won in 1927).
Lost Stanley Cup final in 2007.
10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
and 1994.

* Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book

We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).

1. "2001: A Space Odyssey", by Arthur C. Clarke.
2. "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.
3. "Anne of Green Gables", by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
4. "The Handmaid's Tale", by Margaret Atwood.
5. "The Shining", by Stephen King.
6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.
7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.
8. "Catch-22", by Joseph Heller.
9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.
10. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by Roald Dahl.

After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur svefg
dhrfgvba, gur frdhry, yvxr gur svefg obbx, unf n znva gvgyr
naq n fhogvgyr. Vs lbh bayl tnir gur znva gvgyr, tb onpx naq
pbzcyrgr gur nafjre. Vs lbh qvq vapyhqr gur fhogvgyr naq vg jnf
"Gur Lrne Jr Znxr Pbagnpg", gura lbh'er guvaxvat bs gur zbivr
irefvba (juvpu, vapvqragnyyl, jnf nyfb vffhrq jvgubhg n fhogvgyr),
naq jr'yy trarebhfyl nyybj lbh gb tb onpx naq pbeerpg gur fhogvgyr.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Operating systems are too important
msb@vex.net | to be 'visionary'." --Linus Torvalds

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

<XnsB00ED7A33C449Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4798&group=rec.games.trivia#4798

From: esquel@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 21:11:52 +0200
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Wed, 24 May 2023 19:11 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts
>
> 3. Hockey, 1940-94.

Montréal Canadiens

> 4. Hockey, 1961-2010.

Detroit Red Wings

> 5. American football, 1969-present.

Green Bay Packers

> 6. American football, 1964-present.

Green Bay Packers

> 7. Soccer World Cup, 1966-present.

England

> 8. Soccer World Cup, never won. Lost World Cup final in 1974,
> 1978, and 2010.

Netherlands

> 9. Hockey, never won (although an unrelated team last won in 1927).
> Lost Stanley Cup final in 2007.

Vancouver Cannucks

> 10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
> and 1994.

Green Bay Packers
> * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book
>
> We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).
>
> 1. "2001: A Space Odyssey", by Arthur C. Clarke.

2010

> 7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.

Oops. OK, there was eventually a second book released under her
name - but did she actually write it?

> 8. "Catch-22", by Joseph Heller.
> 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.

Through the Looking Glass

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur svefg
> dhrfgvba, gur frdhry, yvxr gur svefg obbx, unf n znva gvgyr
> naq n fhogvgyr. Vs lbh bayl tnir gur znva gvgyr, tb onpx naq
> pbzcyrgr gur nafjre. Vs lbh qvq vapyhqr gur fhogvgyr naq vg jnf
> "Gur Lrne Jr Znxr Pbagnpg", gura lbh'er guvaxvat bs gur zbivr
> irefvba (juvpu, vapvqragnyyl, jnf nyfb vffhrq jvgubhg n fhogvgyr),
> naq jr'yy trarebhfyl nyybj lbh gb tb onpx naq pbeerpg gur fhogvgyr.

Well, I tried to get away with only the year. But it seems that I
don't.

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

<u4lv6h$gqh$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4799&group=rec.games.trivia#4799

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 21:22:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Wed, 24 May 2023 21:22 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts

> 1. Baseball, 1908-2016.

Chicago Cubs

> 2. Baseball, 1948-present.

Cleveland Guardians

> 3. Hockey, 1940-94.

Detroit Red Wings; Columbus Blue Jackets

> 4. Hockey, 1961-2010.

Buffalo Sabres; St. Louis Blues

> 5. American football, 1969-present.

Detroit Lions

> 6. American football, 1964-present.

Detroit Lions

> 9. Hockey, never won (although an unrelated team last won in 1927).
> Lost Stanley Cup final in 2007.

Buffalo Sabres

> 10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
> and 1994.

Buffalo Bills

> * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book

> 2. "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

> 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.

The Silence of the Lambs

> 7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.

Go Set a Watchman

> 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.

Alice Through the Looking-Glass

> 10. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by Roald Dahl.

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

<2734efcd-d150-45a4-9b50-6a62a383cd19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4800&group=rec.games.trivia#4800

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 15:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: stephen.w.perry@gmail.com (swp)
 by: swp - Wed, 24 May 2023 22:12 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 1:01:39 AM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-05-08,

> Please post all your answers in a single follow-up to the newsgroup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of Bloor St. Irregulars and
> are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
> been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information please
> see my recent companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts
>
> We all know that the Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup in 55
> years. Given a sport and the relevant span of years, identify
> the team which has failed to win the applicable championship.
> Please specify location and team name, e.g. Toronto Maple Leafs.
>
> 1. Baseball, 1908-2016.

chicago Cubs

> 2. Baseball, 1948-present.

cleveland guardians (nee indians)

> 3. Hockey, 1940-94.

new york rangers

> 4. Hockey, 1961-2010.

chicago blackhawks

> 5. American football, 1969-present.

minnesota vikings

> 6. American football, 1964-present.

cleveland browns

> 7. Soccer World Cup, 1966-present.

england

> 8. Soccer World Cup, never won. Lost World Cup final in 1974,
> 1978, and 2010.

netherlands

> 9. Hockey, never won (although an unrelated team last won in 1927).
> Lost Stanley Cup final in 2007.

ottawa senators

> 10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
> and 1994.

buffalo bills

> * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book
>
> We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).
>
> 1. "2001: A Space Odyssey", by Arthur C. Clarke.

2010: odyssey two

> 2. "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.

the restaurant at the end of the universe

> 3. "Anne of Green Gables", by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

anne of avonlea

> 4. "The Handmaid's Tale", by Margaret Atwood.

the testaments

> 5. "The Shining", by Stephen King.

doctor sleep

> 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.

hannibal rising

> 7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.

go set a watchman

> 8. "Catch-22", by Joseph Heller.

closing time

> 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.

alice through the looking glass

> 10. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by Roald Dahl.

charlie and the great glass elevator

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: On the first
question, the sequel, like the first book, has a main title
and a subtitle. If you only gave the main title, go back and
complete the answer. If you did include the subtitle and it was
"The Year We Make Contact", then you're thinking of the movie
version (which, incidentally, was also issued without a subtitle),
and we'll generously allow you to go back and correct the subtitle

> --
> Mark Brader, Toronto | "Operating systems are too important
> m...@vex.net | to be 'visionary'." --Linus Torvalds
>
> My text in this article is in the public domain.

swp

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

<e42e9524-43ac-425f-b238-7b8dfccbe3a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4801&group=rec.games.trivia#4801

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 17:38:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: gromit82@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Thu, 25 May 2023 00:38 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 12:01:39 AM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts
>
> We all know that the Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup in 55
> years. Given a sport and the relevant span of years, identify
> the team which has failed to win the applicable championship.
>
> 1. Baseball, 1908-2016.

Chicago Cubs

> 2. Baseball, 1948-present.

Cleveland Guardians

> 3. Hockey, 1940-94.

New York Rangers
> 4. Hockey, 1961-2010.

Chicago Blackhawks

> 5. American football, 1969-present.

New York Jets

> 6. American football, 1964-present.

Detroit Lions

> 7. Soccer World Cup, 1966-present.

England
> 8. Soccer World Cup, never won. Lost World Cup final in 1974,
> 1978, and 2010.

Netherlands

> 10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
> and 1994.

Buffalo Bills
> * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book
>
> We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).
>
> 1. "2001: A Space Odyssey", by Arthur C. Clarke.

"2010: Odyssey Two"

> 2. "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.

"The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"
> 3. "Anne of Green Gables", by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

"Anne of Avonlea"

> 5. "The Shining", by Stephen King.

"Doctor Sleep"

> 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.

"The Silence of the Lambs"

> 7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.

"Go Set a Watchman"
> 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.

"Through the Looking Glass"

> 10. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by Roald Dahl.

"Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator"

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur svefg
> dhrfgvba, gur frdhry, yvxr gur svefg obbx, unf n znva gvgyr
> naq n fhogvgyr. Vs lbh bayl tnir gur znva gvgyr, tb onpx naq
> pbzcyrgr gur nafjre. Vs lbh qvq vapyhqr gur fhogvgyr naq vg jnf
> "Gur Lrne Jr Znxr Pbagnpg", gura lbh'er guvaxvat bs gur zbivr
> irefvba (juvpu, vapvqragnyyl, jnf nyfb vffhrq jvgubhg n fhogvgyr),
> naq jr'yy trarebhfyl nyybj lbh gb tb onpx naq pbeerpg gur fhogvgyr.

Fhogvgyr nqqrq.

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3: sports droughts, sequels

<u4mehc$3656t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4802&group=rec.games.trivia#4802

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 18:44:09 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:44 UTC

On 5/23/23 22:01, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts
>
> We all know that the Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup in 55
> years. Given a sport and the relevant span of years, identify
> the team which has failed to win the applicable championship.
> Please specify location and team name, e.g. Toronto Maple Leafs.
>
> 1. Baseball, 1908-2016.

Chicago Cubs

> 2. Baseball, 1948-present.

Detroit Tigers

> 3. Hockey, 1940-94.
> 4. Hockey, 1961-2010.
> 5. American football, 1969-present.

Indianapolis Colts

> 6. American football, 1964-present.

Chicago Bears

> 7. Soccer World Cup, 1966-present.

UK

> 8. Soccer World Cup, never won. Lost World Cup final in 1974,
> 1978, and 2010.
> 9. Hockey, never won (although an unrelated team last won in 1927).
> Lost Stanley Cup final in 2007.
> 10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
> and 1994.

Buffalo Bills

> * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book
>
> We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).
>
> 1. "2001: A Space Odyssey", by Arthur C. Clarke.

2010: Odyssey Two

> 2. "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.

Restaurant at the End of the Universe

> 3. "Anne of Green Gables", by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
> 4. "The Handmaid's Tale", by Margaret Atwood.
> 5. "The Shining", by Stephen King.
> 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.
> 7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.
> 8. "Catch-22", by Joseph Heller.
> 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.

Through the Lookingglass

> 10. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by Roald Dahl.
>

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur svefg
> dhrfgvba, gur frdhry, yvxr gur svefg obbx, unf n znva gvgyr
> naq n fhogvgyr. Vs lbh bayl tnir gur znva gvgyr, tb onpx naq
> pbzcyrgr gur nafjre. Vs lbh qvq vapyhqr gur fhogvgyr naq vg jnf
> "Gur Lrne Jr Znxr Pbagnpg", gura lbh'er guvaxvat bs gur zbivr
> irefvba (juvpu, vapvqragnyyl, jnf nyfb vffhrq jvgubhg n fhogvgyr),
> naq jr'yy trarebhfyl nyybj lbh gb tb onpx naq pbeerpg gur fhogvgyr.

--
Dan Tilque

QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequels

<CeydnZAHm-wyEOz5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4803&group=rec.games.trivia#4803

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequels
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 04:57:19 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 27 May 2023 04:57 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-05-08,
> please see my recent companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> * Game 1, Round 2 - Sports - Droughts

> We all know that the Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup in 55
> years. Given a sport and the relevant span of years, identify
> the team which has failed to win the applicable championship.
> Please specify location and team name, e.g. Toronto Maple Leafs.

> 1. Baseball, 1908-2016.

Chicago Cubs. 4 for Dan Blum, Stephen, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 2. Baseball, 1948-present.

Cleveland Indians/Guardians (accepting either name). 4 for Dan Blum,
Stephen, and Joshua.

> 3. Hockey, 1940-94.

New York Rangers. 4 for Stephen and Joshua.

> 4. Hockey, 1961-2010.

Chicago Black Hawks / Blackhawks. 4 for Stephen and Joshua.

> 5. American football, 1969-present.

New York Jets. 4 for Joshua.

> 6. American football, 1964-present.

Cleveland Browns. 4 for Stephen.

There wasn't a Super Bowl in 1964, of course; the applicable
championship that they won that year was the NFL championship.

> 7. Soccer World Cup, 1966-present.

England. 4 for Erland, Stephen, and Joshua.

No points for UK; there is no UK team in the competition.

> 8. Soccer World Cup, never won. Lost World Cup final in 1974,
> 1978, and 2010.

Netherlands. 4 for Erland, Stephen, and Joshua.

> 9. Hockey, never won (although an unrelated team last won in 1927).
> Lost Stanley Cup final in 2007.

Ottawa Senators. 4 for Stephen.

The unrelated team is the original Ottawa Senators, who won 11
Stanley Cups from 1903 to 1927.

> 10. American football, never won. Lost Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993,
> and 1994.

Buffalo Bills. 4 for Dan Blum, Stephen, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book

> We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).

> 1. "2001: A Space Odyssey", by Arthur C. Clarke.

"2010: Odyssey Two". (Full title required.) 4 for Stephen, Joshua,
and Dan Tilque.

> 2. "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.

"The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". 4 for Dan Blum, Stephen,
Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 3. "Anne of Green Gables", by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

"Anne of Avonlea". 4 for Stephen and Joshua.

> 4. "The Handmaid's Tale", by Margaret Atwood.

"The Testaments". 4 for Stephen.

> 5. "The Shining", by Stephen King.

"Doctor Sleep". 4 for Stephen and Joshua.

> 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.

"The Silence of the Lambs". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 7. "To Kill a Mockingbird", by Harper Lee.

"Go Set a Watchman". 4 for Dan Blum, Stephen, and Joshua.

> 8. "Catch-22", by Joseph Heller.

"Closing Time". 4 for Stephen.

> 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.

"Through the Looking-Glass (and What Alice Found There)".
(On this one the main title was sufficient.) 4 for Erland, Joshua,
and Dan Tilque. 3 for Dan Blum and Stephen.

> 10. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by Roald Dahl.

"Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator". 4 for Dan Blum, Stephen,
and Joshua.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 1 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Spo Lit
Stephen Perry 36 35 71
Joshua Kreitzer 32 32 64
Dan Blum 12 19 31
Dan Tilque 8 12 20
Erland Sommarskog 8 4 12

--
Mark Brader "If you can read this
Toronto YOU'RE NOT A TRAIN"

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequels

<b32dfaaa-8510-40de-a75e-1fefc1131a1bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4807&group=rec.games.trivia#4807

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 06:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: stephen.w.perry@gmail.com (swp)
 by: swp - Sat, 27 May 2023 13:27 UTC

On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 12:57:31 AM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> Mark Brader:
> > * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book
>
> > We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> > the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).
>
> > 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.
> "The Silence of the Lambs". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

I protest. my answer was the next book written in the series.
you didn't ask for the book's internal chronological order.

> > 9. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.
> "Through the Looking-Glass (and What Alice Found There)".
> (On this one the main title was sufficient.) 4 for Erland, Joshua,
> and Dan Tilque. 3 for Dan Blum and Stephen.

I protest on the grounds that I was brainwashed as a child by
the evil national broadcasting corporation's tv movie.

> Scores, if there are no errors:
>
> GAME 1 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
> TOPICS-> Spo Lit
> Stephen Perry 36 35 71
> Joshua Kreitzer 32 32 64
> Dan Blum 12 19 31
> Dan Tilque 8 12 20
> Erland Sommarskog 8 4 12
>
> --
> Mark Brader "If you can read this
> Toronto YOU'RE NOT A TRAIN"
> m...@vex.net --keep-off-the-tracks poster
> My text in this article is in the public domain.

swp

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 1, Rounds 2-3 answers: sports droughts, sequels

<u4t40t$8m7$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=4809&group=rec.games.trivia#4809

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 14:27:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Sat, 27 May 2023 14:27 UTC

swp <stephen.w.perry@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 12:57:31???AM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> > Mark Brader:
> > > * Game 1, Round 3 - Literature - The Next Book
> >
> > > We'll give you the author, and one of their works. You tell us
> > > the sequel (or in general the next book in the series).
> >
> > > 6. "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris.
> > "The Silence of the Lambs". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> I protest. my answer was the next book written in the series.
> you didn't ask for the book's internal chronological order.

The Silence of the Lambs WAS the next book written, or at least the
next book published. Red Dragon was 1981, Silence was 1988.

Dan Blum tool@panix.com