Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 12:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Goodfellow, Desvignes, Jadot, Marquis de Terme, Bisol
From: dalewilliamsmidrun@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:16 UTC

Salmon on miso rice, with the 2005 Jadot Clos de la Commaraine Pommard 1er. Closed pretty tight, tannic and acidic structure dominates, some black cherry and coffee lurking. B/B- for now, lots of potential, but think this was my only bottle.

Pork chops with dates and kale, mashed potatoes,
2021 Louis Claude Desvignes Corcelette Morgon
Bursting cherry and raspberry fruit, baking spices, not super complex but juicy and fun.
B+

Oysters, black sea bass on harukei turnips, quinoa (made with 5 spice duck broth), turnip greens, slaw,
2019 Goodfellow Whistling Ridge Chardonnay
Decanted, a little reduction blew off. Pears, white pear blossoms, citrus peel, nice minerally finish. Certainly could age but pretty delicious right now. B+/A-

Some friends of Betsy were arriving from Mexico for a week at Omega, she got them as far as our house for dinner before they took an Uber to Rhinebeck.. Threatened thunderstorms went away, and we had a nice time on patio.

Garlic scape white bean dip, smoked salmon
2018 Bisol Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Superiore Relio Rive di Guia Brut
This is Bisol’s top wine I think. If not drinking Champagne I tend to lean towards cava, and this didn’t make a Prosecco believer out of me. Sweet peach and apple fruit, cinnamon, somewhat coarse mousse. B_-
2000 Ch. Marquis de Terme (Margaux)
Slightly glossy red berry fruit, anise, light vanilla notes. Some soft tannin remaininjg, decent acids, nice cigarbox finish. Not compelling but it was like $25 on release. B/B-
Fun evening with nice people

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.