Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.

interests / rec.games.trivia / QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: epidemiology, parks

SubjectAuthor
* QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parksMark Brader
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parksDan Blum
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parksDan Tilque
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parksJoshua Kreitzer
+- QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parksErland Sommarskog
`- QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: epidemiology, parksMark Brader

1
QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parks

<mROdnR5WMr_D9UT5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5047&group=rec.games.trivia#5047

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parks
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 23:33:50 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 23:33 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-06-26,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of Bloor St. Irregulars and
are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
please see my 2023-05-24 companion posting on "Questions from the
Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 7, Round 4 - Science - Viruses and Epidemiology

1. The official name of the COVID-19 virus indicates that it is
closely related to the virus that caused *which other respiratory
disease* that had a 21st-century-outbreak of its own?

2. Also caused by a coronavirus, name the respiratory infection
whose geographical name alludes to its 2012 discovery by the
Egyptian doctor Ali Mohamed Zaki while working in Saudi Arabia.

3. Antibodies fight viruses by recognizing and binding to molecules
called what? Rapid at-home COVID tests typically work by
testing for the presence of these.

4. T4 and lambda are two varieties of phages, whose full name
indicates that they are viruses that infect what organisms?

5. Strains of *which virus* have an alphanumeric naming convention
based on two surface glycoproteins named hemagglutinin and
neuraminidase?

6. Retroviruses such as HIV produce _______ from a template of
_______ through the process of reverse transcription. Fill in
either of the blanks (you need not say which one)

7. Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis, is a member of
*what family* of viruses, whose simplex 1 and 2 viruses typically
manifest as blisters or sores on the lips or genitals?

8. Varicella zoster, another <answer 7> virus, is most notably
the cause of two diseases. One of them mainly affects children
and the other mainly adults. Name *either* disease.

9. When modeling the spread of infections, epidemiologists are
often interested in what value, the number of people that a
single person is expected to spread their infection to?

10. One peculiar case study for epidemiologists was the 2005
Corrupted Blood pandemic. This pandemic was peculiar mainly
because it occurred not in the real world but in *what Blizzard
video game*?

* Game 7, Round 6 - Geography - Parks of the World

1. In what city would you find Park Guell ["Gwell"], a collection
of gardens and architectural elements designed by Antoni Gaudí
[rhymes with "rowdy"] that opened in 1926?

2. Grant Park is a 319-acre urban lakeside park located in what
US city? The park includes a large art museum, a bandshell
designed by Frank Gehry, and a sculpture called Cloud Gate.
It also played host to the victory celebration on the night of
the 2008 US election.

3. Plitvice ["Plitvitse"] Lakes National Park is a park featuring
16 lakes whose waters cascade into each other, often via
waterfalls. This park can be found in what European country?

4. In what country would you find the Ngorongoro Conservation Area?
This area includes the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important
paleoanthropological sites in the world, and it is also home to
part of the "Great Migration", an annual migration of millions
of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and other animals.

5. In what country would you find Komodo National Park, a park
made up of 29 islands that is home to the famed Komodo dragon?

6. Although Canadians might think of it as a video booth at Queen
and John, in what park would you find the *original* Speaker's
Corner?

7. What park is situated on the northwestern half of Vancouver's
Downtown Peninsula and encircled by the Vancouver seawall?
It was named in 1886 after the then Governor General of Canada.

8. Name the park located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles
that is home to a namesake observatory, countless hiking trails,
and the Hollywood sign. The park has been seen in many movies
including "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", "The Rocketeer",
and "Rebel Without a Cause".

9. In what city would you find Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
This large urban park is visited year-round, but is most popular
during Hanami season in late March and early April.

10. In what capital city would you find the Luxembourg Garden
(Jardin du Luxembourg)? This park created in 1612 contains
beautiful gardens and fountains as well as government buildings.

--
Mark Brader | "...not one accident in a hundred deserves the name.
Toronto | [This occurrence] was simply the legitimate result

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parks

<ubc24n$qti$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5048&group=rec.games.trivia#5048

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 02:05:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 02:05 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Science - Viruses and Epidemiology

> 1. The official name of the COVID-19 virus indicates that it is
> closely related to the virus that caused *which other respiratory
> disease* that had a 21st-century-outbreak of its own?

SARS

> 4. T4 and lambda are two varieties of phages, whose full name
> indicates that they are viruses that infect what organisms?

bacteria

> 6. Retroviruses such as HIV produce _______ from a template of
> _______ through the process of reverse transcription. Fill in
> either of the blanks (you need not say which one)

DNA

> 7. Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis, is a member of
> *what family* of viruses, whose simplex 1 and 2 viruses typically
> manifest as blisters or sores on the lips or genitals?

herpes

> 8. Varicella zoster, another <answer 7> virus, is most notably
> the cause of two diseases. One of them mainly affects children
> and the other mainly adults. Name *either* disease.

rubella

> 10. One peculiar case study for epidemiologists was the 2005
> Corrupted Blood pandemic. This pandemic was peculiar mainly
> because it occurred not in the real world but in *what Blizzard
> video game*?

World of Warcraft

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Geography - Parks of the World

> 1. In what city would you find Park Guell ["Gwell"], a collection
> of gardens and architectural elements designed by Antoni Gaud?
> [rhymes with "rowdy"] that opened in 1926?

Barcelona

> 2. Grant Park is a 319-acre urban lakeside park located in what
> US city? The park includes a large art museum, a bandshell
> designed by Frank Gehry, and a sculpture called Cloud Gate.
> It also played host to the victory celebration on the night of
> the 2008 US election.

Chicago

> 3. Plitvice ["Plitvitse"] Lakes National Park is a park featuring
> 16 lakes whose waters cascade into each other, often via
> waterfalls. This park can be found in what European country?

Croatia; Slovenia

> 4. In what country would you find the Ngorongoro Conservation Area?
> This area includes the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important
> paleoanthropological sites in the world, and it is also home to
> part of the "Great Migration", an annual migration of millions
> of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and other animals.

Kenya

> 5. In what country would you find Komodo National Park, a park
> made up of 29 islands that is home to the famed Komodo dragon?

Indonesia

> 6. Although Canadians might think of it as a video booth at Queen
> and John, in what park would you find the *original* Speaker's
> Corner?

Hyde Park

> 8. Name the park located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles
> that is home to a namesake observatory, countless hiking trails,
> and the Hollywood sign. The park has been seen in many movies
> including "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", "The Rocketeer",
> and "Rebel Without a Cause".

Griffith Park

> 9. In what city would you find Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
> This large urban park is visited year-round, but is most popular
> during Hanami season in late March and early April.

Tokyo; Kyoto

> 10. In what capital city would you find the Luxembourg Garden
> (Jardin du Luxembourg)? This park created in 1612 contains
> beautiful gardens and fountains as well as government buildings.

Paris

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parks

<ubcf7a$26kls$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5049&group=rec.games.trivia#5049

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 22:48:23 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 05:48 UTC

On 8/13/23 16:33, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Science - Viruses and Epidemiology
>
> 1. The official name of the COVID-19 virus indicates that it is
> closely related to the virus that caused *which other respiratory
> disease* that had a 21st-century-outbreak of its own?

SARS

> 2. Also caused by a coronavirus, name the respiratory infection
> whose geographical name alludes to its 2012 discovery by the
> Egyptian doctor Ali Mohamed Zaki while working in Saudi Arabia.

West Nile virus

> 3. Antibodies fight viruses by recognizing and binding to molecules
> called what? Rapid at-home COVID tests typically work by
> testing for the presence of these.

antigens

> 4. T4 and lambda are two varieties of phages, whose full name
> indicates that they are viruses that infect what organisms?

bacteria

> 5. Strains of *which virus* have an alphanumeric naming convention
> based on two surface glycoproteins named hemagglutinin and
> neuraminidase?

influenza

> 6. Retroviruses such as HIV produce _______ from a template of
> _______ through the process of reverse transcription. Fill in
> either of the blanks (you need not say which one)

DNA, RNA

> 7. Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis, is a member of
> *what family* of viruses, whose simplex 1 and 2 viruses typically
> manifest as blisters or sores on the lips or genitals?

herpes

> 8. Varicella zoster, another <answer 7> virus, is most notably
> the cause of two diseases. One of them mainly affects children
> and the other mainly adults. Name *either* disease.

shingles

> 9. When modeling the spread of infections, epidemiologists are
> often interested in what value, the number of people that a
> single person is expected to spread their infection to?

R-value

> 10. One peculiar case study for epidemiologists was the 2005
> Corrupted Blood pandemic. This pandemic was peculiar mainly
> because it occurred not in the real world but in *what Blizzard
> video game*?
>

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Geography - Parks of the World
>
> 1. In what city would you find Park Guell ["Gwell"], a collection
> of gardens and architectural elements designed by Antoni Gaudí
> [rhymes with "rowdy"] that opened in 1926?
>
> 2. Grant Park is a 319-acre urban lakeside park located in what
> US city? The park includes a large art museum, a bandshell
> designed by Frank Gehry, and a sculpture called Cloud Gate.
> It also played host to the victory celebration on the night of
> the 2008 US election.

Chicago

> 3. Plitvice ["Plitvitse"] Lakes National Park is a park featuring
> 16 lakes whose waters cascade into each other, often via
> waterfalls. This park can be found in what European country?

Czechia

> 4. In what country would you find the Ngorongoro Conservation Area?
> This area includes the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important
> paleoanthropological sites in the world, and it is also home to
> part of the "Great Migration", an annual migration of millions
> of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and other animals.

Tanzania; Kenya

> 5. In what country would you find Komodo National Park, a park
> made up of 29 islands that is home to the famed Komodo dragon?

Indonesia

> 6. Although Canadians might think of it as a video booth at Queen
> and John, in what park would you find the *original* Speaker's
> Corner?
>
> 7. What park is situated on the northwestern half of Vancouver's
> Downtown Peninsula and encircled by the Vancouver seawall?
> It was named in 1886 after the then Governor General of Canada.

Stanley Park

> 8. Name the park located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles
> that is home to a namesake observatory, countless hiking trails,
> and the Hollywood sign. The park has been seen in many movies
> including "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", "The Rocketeer",
> and "Rebel Without a Cause".

Griffith Park

> 9. In what city would you find Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
> This large urban park is visited year-round, but is most popular
> during Hanami season in late March and early April.

Kyoto

> 10. In what capital city would you find the Luxembourg Garden
> (Jardin du Luxembourg)? This park created in 1612 contains
> beautiful gardens and fountains as well as government buildings.

Paris

--
Dan Tilque

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parks

<22b6f311-fe3c-42d5-a6a4-617d0e32a709n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5050&group=rec.games.trivia#5050

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 19:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: gromit82@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 02:06 UTC

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 7:34:01 PM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> * Game 7, Round 4 - Science - Viruses and Epidemiology
>
> 1. The official name of the COVID-19 virus indicates that it is
> closely related to the virus that caused *which other respiratory
> disease* that had a 21st-century-outbreak of its own?

SARS

> 2. Also caused by a coronavirus, name the respiratory infection
> whose geographical name alludes to its 2012 discovery by the
> Egyptian doctor Ali Mohamed Zaki while working in Saudi Arabia.

SARS

> 7. Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis, is a member of
> *what family* of viruses, whose simplex 1 and 2 viruses typically
> manifest as blisters or sores on the lips or genitals?

herpes
> 8. Varicella zoster, another <answer 7> virus, is most notably
> the cause of two diseases. One of them mainly affects children
> and the other mainly adults. Name *either* disease.

chicken pox; shingles

> 9. When modeling the spread of infections, epidemiologists are
> often interested in what value, the number of people that a
> single person is expected to spread their infection to?

R value

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Geography - Parks of the World
>
> 1. In what city would you find Park Guell ["Gwell"], a collection
> of gardens and architectural elements designed by Antoni Gaudí
> [rhymes with "rowdy"] that opened in 1926?

Barcelona

> 2. Grant Park is a 319-acre urban lakeside park located in what
> US city? The park includes a large art museum, a bandshell
> designed by Frank Gehry, and a sculpture called Cloud Gate.
> It also played host to the victory celebration on the night of
> the 2008 US election.

Chicago

> 3. Plitvice ["Plitvitse"] Lakes National Park is a park featuring
> 16 lakes whose waters cascade into each other, often via
> waterfalls. This park can be found in what European country?

Poland; Czechia

> 4. In what country would you find the Ngorongoro Conservation Area?
> This area includes the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important
> paleoanthropological sites in the world, and it is also home to
> part of the "Great Migration", an annual migration of millions
> of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and other animals.

Tanzania; Kenya

> 5. In what country would you find Komodo National Park, a park
> made up of 29 islands that is home to the famed Komodo dragon?

Indonesia

> 6. Although Canadians might think of it as a video booth at Queen
> and John, in what park would you find the *original* Speaker's
> Corner?

Hyde Park

> 8. Name the park located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles
> that is home to a namesake observatory, countless hiking trails,
> and the Hollywood sign. The park has been seen in many movies
> including "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", "The Rocketeer",
> and "Rebel Without a Cause".

Griffith Park
> 9. In what city would you find Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
> This large urban park is visited year-round, but is most popular
> during Hanami season in late March and early April.

Tokyo; Kyoto

> 10. In what capital city would you find the Luxembourg Garden
> (Jardin du Luxembourg)? This park created in 1612 contains
> beautiful gardens and fountains as well as government buildings.

Paris

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: epidemiology, parks

<XnsB061D5330ACE3Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5051&group=rec.games.trivia#5051

From: esquel@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 20:57:29 +0200
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:57 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 7, Round 4 - Science - Viruses and Epidemiology
>
> 1. The official name of the COVID-19 virus indicates that it is
> closely related to the virus that caused *which other respiratory
> disease* that had a 21st-century-outbreak of its own?

SARS
> 2. Also caused by a coronavirus, name the respiratory infection
> whose geographical name alludes to its 2012 discovery by the
> Egyptian doctor Ali Mohamed Zaki while working in Saudi Arabia.

MERS
> 3. Antibodies fight viruses by recognizing and binding to molecules
> called what? Rapid at-home COVID tests typically work by
> testing for the presence of these.

Antigen
> 5. Strains of *which virus* have an alphanumeric naming convention
> based on two surface glycoproteins named hemagglutinin and
> neuraminidase?

Influenza viruses
> 7. Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis, is a member of
> *what family* of viruses, whose simplex 1 and 2 viruses typically
> manifest as blisters or sores on the lips or genitals?

Chlamydia
> 8. Varicella zoster, another <answer 7> virus, is most notably
> the cause of two diseases. One of them mainly affects children
> and the other mainly adults. Name *either* disease.

Chlamydia
> 9. When modeling the spread of infections, epidemiologists are
> often interested in what value, the number of people that a
> single person is expected to spread their infection to?

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Geography - Parks of the World
>
> 1. In what city would you find Park Guell ["Gwell"], a collection
> of gardens and architectural elements designed by Antoni Gaudí
> [rhymes with "rowdy"] that opened in 1926?

Barcelona
> 3. Plitvice ["Plitvitse"] Lakes National Park is a park featuring
> 16 lakes whose waters cascade into each other, often via
> waterfalls. This park can be found in what European country?

Croatia
> 4. In what country would you find the Ngorongoro Conservation Area?
> This area includes the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important
> paleoanthropological sites in the world, and it is also home to
> part of the "Great Migration", an annual migration of millions
> of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and other animals.

Tanzania
> 5. In what country would you find Komodo National Park, a park
> made up of 29 islands that is home to the famed Komodo dragon?

Indonesia
> 6. Although Canadians might think of it as a video booth at Queen
> and John, in what park would you find the *original* Speaker's
> Corner?

Hyde Park, London
> 7. What park is situated on the northwestern half of Vancouver's
> Downtown Peninsula and encircled by the Vancouver seawall?
> It was named in 1886 after the then Governor General of Canada.

Stanley Park
> 9. In what city would you find Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
> This large urban park is visited year-round, but is most popular
> during Hanami season in late March and early April.

Tokyo
> 10. In what capital city would you find the Luxembourg Garden
> (Jardin du Luxembourg)? This park created in 1612 contains
> beautiful gardens and fountains as well as government buildings.

Paris

QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: epidemiology, parks

<V9mdnY2n-Il5H0D5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5052&group=rec.games.trivia#5052

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: QFTCIBSI23 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: epidemiology, parks
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 02:16:04 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 02:16 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-06-26,
> please see my 2023-05-24 companion posting on "Questions from the
> Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> * Game 7, Round 4 - Science - Viruses and Epidemiology

> 1. The official name of the COVID-19 virus indicates that it is
> closely related to the virus that caused *which other respiratory
> disease* that had a 21st-century-outbreak of its own?

SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome). 4 for everyone -- Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Erland.

The full name of the virus is SARS-CoV-2.

> 2. Also caused by a coronavirus, name the respiratory infection
> whose geographical name alludes to its 2012 discovery by the
> Egyptian doctor Ali Mohamed Zaki while working in Saudi Arabia.

MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome). 4 for Erland.

> 3. Antibodies fight viruses by recognizing and binding to molecules
> called what? Rapid at-home COVID tests typically work by
> testing for the presence of these.

Antigens. 4 for Dan Tilque and Erland.

> 4. T4 and lambda are two varieties of phages, whose full name
> indicates that they are viruses that infect what organisms?

Bacteria (or archaea). 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

"Phage" is short for "bacteriophage".

> 5. Strains of *which virus* have an alphanumeric naming convention
> based on two surface glycoproteins named hemagglutinin and
> neuraminidase?

Influenza (flu). 4 for Dan Tilque and Erland.

> 6. Retroviruses such as HIV produce _______ from a template of
> _______ through the process of reverse transcription. Fill in
> either of the blanks (you need not say which one)

DNA, RNA (respectively). 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque (the hard
way).

> 7. Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis, is a member of
> *what family* of viruses, whose simplex 1 and 2 viruses typically
> manifest as blisters or sores on the lips or genitals?

Herpes(viridae). 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Joshua.

> 8. Varicella zoster, another <answer 7> virus, is most notably
> the cause of two diseases. One of them mainly affects children
> and the other mainly adults. Name *either* disease.

Chicken pox, shingles. 4 for Dan Tilque and Joshua (the hard way).

> 9. When modeling the spread of infections, epidemiologists are
> often interested in what value, the number of people that a
> single person is expected to spread their infection to?

Reproduction ratio (R or R0 value). 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua,
and Erland.

> 10. One peculiar case study for epidemiologists was the 2005
> Corrupted Blood pandemic. This pandemic was peculiar mainly
> because it occurred not in the real world but in *what Blizzard
> video game*?

WoW (World of Warcraft). 4 for Dan Blum.

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Geography - Parks of the World

> 1. In what city would you find Park Guell ["Gwell"], a collection
> of gardens and architectural elements designed by Antoni Gaudí
> [rhymes with "rowdy"] that opened in 1926?

Barcelona. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Erland.

> 2. Grant Park is a 319-acre urban lakeside park located in what
> US city? The park includes a large art museum, a bandshell
> designed by Frank Gehry, and a sculpture called Cloud Gate.
> It also played host to the victory celebration on the night of
> the 2008 US election.

Chicago. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Joshua.

On the same day as the original game, "Jeopardy!" named the park and
asked for the annual summer music festival held there. "Lollapalooza"
was correctly named on the first try.

> 3. Plitvice ["Plitvitse"] Lakes National Park is a park featuring
> 16 lakes whose waters cascade into each other, often via
> waterfalls. This park can be found in what European country?

Croatia. 4 for Erland. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 4. In what country would you find the Ngorongoro Conservation Area?
> This area includes the Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important
> paleoanthropological sites in the world, and it is also home to
> part of the "Great Migration", an annual migration of millions
> of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and other animals.

Tanzania. 4 for Erland. 3 for Dan Tilque and Joshua.

> 5. In what country would you find Komodo National Park, a park
> made up of 29 islands that is home to the famed Komodo dragon?

Indonesia. 4 for everyone.

> 6. Although Canadians might think of it as a video booth at Queen
> and John, in what park would you find the *original* Speaker's
> Corner?

Hyde Park (in London). 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Erland.

> 7. What park is situated on the northwestern half of Vancouver's
> Downtown Peninsula and encircled by the Vancouver seawall?
> It was named in 1886 after the then Governor General of Canada.

Stanley Park. 4 for Dan Tilque and Erland.

> 8. Name the park located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles
> that is home to a namesake observatory, countless hiking trails,
> and the Hollywood sign. The park has been seen in many movies
> including "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", "The Rocketeer",
> and "Rebel Without a Cause".

Griffith Park. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Joshua.

> 9. In what city would you find Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden?
> This large urban park is visited year-round, but is most popular
> during Hanami season in late March and early April.

Tokyo. 4 for Erland. 3 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 10. In what capital city would you find the Luxembourg Garden
> (Jardin du Luxembourg)? This park created in 1612 contains
> beautiful gardens and fountains as well as government buildings.

Paris, as you knew from Game 3, Round 9, Question 10. 4 for everyone.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 7 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Art His Sci Geo
Joshua Kreitzer 28 32 16 30 106
Dan Blum 24 24 20 30 98
Dan Tilque 8 24 32 23 87
Erland Sommarskog 8 24 20 32 84
Stephen Perry 40 40 -- -- 80

--
Mark Brader | "...but we need a word for something about which
msb@vex.net | it is difficult to understand that it is easy."