What this country needs is a dime that will buy a good five-cent bagel.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3 answers: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesMark Brader
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesJoshua Kreitzer
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesswp
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesErland Sommarskog
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesDan Blum
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesPete Gayde
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesDan Tilque
`- RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3 answers: O'Hollywood, coastal citiesMark Brader

1
RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<iYidnbjDd7PWje3-nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5412&group=rec.games.trivia#5412

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:29:47 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:29 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-11,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 6, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2013 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. Last week, the Bay announced it will be changing its logo for
the first time since 1965. As well, the name on their stores
will be changing. What will be the new name of the Bay stores
starting this year?

2. What movie, about an African child soldier, won the Canadian
Screen Award for best picture plus 9 other Canadian screen
awards, last week?

* Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood

This round is about performers whose last name starts with "O'".
*In each case give BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST NAME* of the actor or
actress described; last names may repeat.

1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.

2. Best known for playing a misanthropic women's shoe salesman
with a miserable life. He hates his job, his wife is lazy, his
son is dysfunctional (especially with women), and his daughter
is dim-witted and promiscuous.

3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.

4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
liberal son-in-law.

5. This actor """is""" best known for his starring role in the ABC
television series "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" (1955-61).
He also holds the distinction of playing the last character that
John Wayne ever killed on the screen, in Wayne's final movie
"The Shootist" (1976).

6. American dancer, singer, and actor who came to fame in a series
of movies in which he co-starred alternately with Gloria Jean,
Peggy Ryan, and Francis the Talking Mule. He is best known today
for his role as Gene Kelly's friend and colleague Cosmo Brown.

7. This actor played a fictionalized version of the catalog-company
entrepreneur John Peterman in a well-known sitcom from 1995 to
1998. In 2001 he financed the relaunch of the J. Peterman Co.
and thus became its part-owner in real life.

8. This actress """is""" perhaps best known for playing Jane in
the Tarzan movie series starring Johnny Weismuller. She """is"""
also the mother of Mia Farrow.

9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
"""currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".

10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

Reminder: first and last names for all answers.

* Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities

We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
the country.

1. Kiel.
2. Varna.
3. Busan.
4. Split.
5. Jeddah.
6. Odessa.
7. Mombasa.
8. Latakia.
9. Chittagong.
10. Barranquilla.

--
Mark Brader "The [promotional] website is more cleverly
Toronto thought out than the movie itself."

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<925c2ed6-707d-4f43-919e-d1d898e9d540n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5413&group=rec.games.trivia#5413

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 14:26:59 -0800 (PST)
From: gromit82@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 22:26 UTC

On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 3:29:53 PM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood
>
> This round is about performers whose last name starts with "O'".
> *In each case give BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST NAME* of the actor or
> actress described; last names may repeat.
>
> 1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
> the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
> graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
> quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.

Ryan O'Neal
> 2. Best known for playing a misanthropic women's shoe salesman
> with a miserable life. He hates his job, his wife is lazy, his
> son is dysfunctional (especially with women), and his daughter
> is dim-witted and promiscuous.

Ed O'Neill

> 3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
> Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
> Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.

Rosie O'Donnell

> 4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
> conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
> nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
> liberal son-in-law.

Carroll O'Connor

> 6. American dancer, singer, and actor who came to fame in a series
> of movies in which he co-starred alternately with Gloria Jean,
> Peggy Ryan, and Francis the Talking Mule. He is best known today
> for his role as Gene Kelly's friend and colleague Cosmo Brown.

Donald O'Connor

> 7. This actor played a fictionalized version of the catalog-company
> entrepreneur John Peterman in a well-known sitcom from 1995 to
> 1998. In 2001 he financed the relaunch of the J. Peterman Co.
> and thus became its part-owner in real life.

John O'Herlihy

> 8. This actress """is""" perhaps best known for playing Jane in
> the Tarzan movie series starring Johnny Weismuller. She """is"""
> also the mother of Mia Farrow.

Maureen O'Sullivan

> 9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
> Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
> """currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
> CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".

Chris O'Donnell

> 10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
> limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
> genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities
>
> We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
> the country.
>
> 1. Kiel.

Germany

> 3. Busan.

South Korea
> 4. Split.

Croatia

> 5. Jeddah.

Saudi Arabia

> 6. Odessa.

Ukraine
> 7. Mombasa.

Kenya; Tanzania
> 8. Latakia.

Cyprus
> 9. Chittagong.

Bangladesh

> 10. Barranquilla.

Colombia

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<e92979f2-195b-4cde-8c29-c0ed150c0fcdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5414&group=rec.games.trivia#5414

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 14:44:25 -0800 (PST)
From: stephen.w.perry@gmail.com (swp)
 by: swp - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 22:44 UTC

On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 4:29:53 PM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-11,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 6, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2013 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Last week, the Bay announced it will be changing its logo for
> the first time since 1965. As well, the name on their stores
> will be changing. What will be the new name of the Bay stores
> starting this year?
>
> 2. What movie, about an African child soldier, won the Canadian
> Screen Award for best picture plus 9 other Canadian screen
> awards, last week?
>

> * Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood
>
> This round is about performers whose last name starts with "O'".
> *In each case give BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST NAME* of the actor or
> actress described; last names may repeat.
>
> 1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
> the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
> graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
> quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.

ryan o'neal [love story]

> 2. Best known for playing a misanthropic women's shoe salesman
> with a miserable life. He hates his job, his wife is lazy, his
> son is dysfunctional (especially with women), and his daughter
> is dim-witted and promiscuous.

ed o'neill (Al Bundy!)

> 3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
> Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
> Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.

rosie o'donnell

> 4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
> conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
> nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
> liberal son-in-law.

carroll o'connor

> 5. This actor """is""" best known for his starring role in the ABC
> television series "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" (1955-61).
> He also holds the distinction of playing the last character that
> John Wayne ever killed on the screen, in Wayne's final movie
> "The Shootist" (1976).

hugh o'brian

> 6. American dancer, singer, and actor who came to fame in a series
> of movies in which he co-starred alternately with Gloria Jean,
> Peggy Ryan, and Francis the Talking Mule. He is best known today
> for his role as Gene Kelly's friend and colleague Cosmo Brown.

donald o'connor

> 7. This actor played a fictionalized version of the catalog-company
> entrepreneur John Peterman in a well-known sitcom from 1995 to
> 1998. In 2001 he financed the relaunch of the J. Peterman Co.
> and thus became its part-owner in real life.

john o'hurley

> 8. This actress """is""" perhaps best known for playing Jane in
> the Tarzan movie series starring Johnny Weismuller. She """is"""
> also the mother of Mia Farrow.

maureen o'sullivan

> 9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
> Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
> """currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
> CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".

chris o'donnell

> 10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
> limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
> genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

shaq o'neal

> Reminder: first and last names for all answers.
>

> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities
>
> We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
> the country.
>
> 1. Kiel.

germany

> 2. Varna.

bulgaria

> 3. Busan.

south korea

> 4. Split.

croatia

> 5. Jeddah.

saudi arabia

> 6. Odessa.

ukraine!

> 7. Mombasa.

kenya

> 8. Latakia.

syria

> 9. Chittagong.

bangladesh

> 10. Barranquilla.

colombia

> --
> Mark Brader "The [promotional] website is more cleverly
> Toronto thought out than the movie itself."
> m...@vex.net --Stephen Bourne
>
> My text in this article is in the public domain.

swp

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<XnsAF4E65E3B4D5Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5416&group=rec.games.trivia#5416

From: esquel@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 00:37:33 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:37 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities
>
> We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
> the country.
>
> 1. Kiel.

Germany

> 2. Varna.

Bulgaria

> 3. Busan.

South Korea

> 4. Split.

Croatia

> 5. Jeddah.

Jordania

> 6. Odessa.

Ukraine

> 7. Mombasa.

Kenya

> 8. Latakia.

Syria

> 9. Chittagong.

Bangladesh

> 10. Barranquilla.

Colombia

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<tkpvbn$pig$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5418&group=rec.games.trivia#5418

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 05:29:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 05:29 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood

> 1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
> the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
> graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
> quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.

Ryan O'Neal

> 3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
> Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
> Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.

Rosie O'Donnell

> 4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
> conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
> nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
> liberal son-in-law.

Carrol O'Connor

> 9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
> Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
> """currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
> CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".

Chris O'Donnell

> 10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
> limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
> genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities

> 1. Kiel.

Germany

> 2. Varna.

Latvia; Lithuania

> 3. Busan.

South Korea

> 4. Split.

Croatia

> 5. Jeddah.

Saudi Arabia

> 6. Odessa.

Ukraine

> 7. Mombasa.

Kenya

> 9. Chittagong.

India

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<tksg21$1l0r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5419&group=rec.games.trivia#5419

From: pete.gayde@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:26:40 -0600
 by: Pete Gayde - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:26 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-11,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 6, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2013 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Last week, the Bay announced it will be changing its logo for
> the first time since 1965. As well, the name on their stores
> will be changing. What will be the new name of the Bay stores
> starting this year?
>
> 2. What movie, about an African child soldier, won the Canadian
> Screen Award for best picture plus 9 other Canadian screen
> awards, last week?
>

> * Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood
>
> This round is about performers whose last name starts with "O'".
> *In each case give BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST NAME* of the actor or
> actress described; last names may repeat.
>
> 1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
> the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
> graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
> quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.

Ryan O'Neal

> 2. Best known for playing a misanthropic women's shoe salesman
> with a miserable life. He hates his job, his wife is lazy, his
> son is dysfunctional (especially with women), and his daughter
> is dim-witted and promiscuous.
>
> 3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
> Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
> Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.

Rosie O'Donnell

> 4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
> conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
> nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
> liberal son-in-law.

Carrol O'Connor

> 5. This actor """is""" best known for his starring role in the ABC
> television series "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" (1955-61).
> He also holds the distinction of playing the last character that
> John Wayne ever killed on the screen, in Wayne's final movie
> "The Shootist" (1976).
>
> 6. American dancer, singer, and actor who came to fame in a series
> of movies in which he co-starred alternately with Gloria Jean,
> Peggy Ryan, and Francis the Talking Mule. He is best known today
> for his role as Gene Kelly's friend and colleague Cosmo Brown.

Donald O'Connor

> 7. This actor played a fictionalized version of the catalog-company
> entrepreneur John Peterman in a well-known sitcom from 1995 to
> 1998. In 2001 he financed the relaunch of the J. Peterman Co.
> and thus became its part-owner in real life.
>
> 8. This actress """is""" perhaps best known for playing Jane in
> the Tarzan movie series starring Johnny Weismuller. She """is"""
> also the mother of Mia Farrow.

Maureen O'Hara

> 9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
> Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
> """currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
> CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".
>
> 10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
> limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
> genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> Reminder: first and last names for all answers.
>

> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities
>
> We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
> the country.
>
> 1. Kiel.

Germany

> 2. Varna.
> 3. Busan.

South Korea

> 4. Split.

Croatia

> 5. Jeddah.

Saudi Arabia

> 6. Odessa.

Ukraine

> 7. Mombasa.

Kenya; Tanzania

> 8. Latakia.
> 9. Chittagong.

Sri Lanka; Thailand

> 10. Barranquilla.

Colombia

Pete Gayde

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<tksrd8$1n7k6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5420&group=rec.games.trivia#5420

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 23:40:23 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 07:40 UTC

On 11/12/22 13:29, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 6, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2013 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Last week, the Bay announced it will be changing its logo for
> the first time since 1965. As well, the name on their stores
> will be changing. What will be the new name of the Bay stores
> starting this year?

eBay :)

> 2. What movie, about an African child soldier, won the Canadian
> Screen Award for best picture plus 9 other Canadian screen
> awards, last week?
>

> * Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood
>
> This round is about performers whose last name starts with "O'".
> *In each case give BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST NAME* of the actor or
> actress described; last names may repeat.
>
> 1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
> the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
> graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
> quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.
>
> 2. Best known for playing a misanthropic women's shoe salesman
> with a miserable life. He hates his job, his wife is lazy, his
> son is dysfunctional (especially with women), and his daughter
> is dim-witted and promiscuous.
>
> 3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
> Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
> Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.
>
> 4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
> conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
> nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
> liberal son-in-law.

Carroll O'Connor

> 5. This actor """is""" best known for his starring role in the ABC
> television series "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" (1955-61).
> He also holds the distinction of playing the last character that
> John Wayne ever killed on the screen, in Wayne's final movie
> "The Shootist" (1976).
>
> 6. American dancer, singer, and actor who came to fame in a series
> of movies in which he co-starred alternately with Gloria Jean,
> Peggy Ryan, and Francis the Talking Mule. He is best known today
> for his role as Gene Kelly's friend and colleague Cosmo Brown.
>
> 7. This actor played a fictionalized version of the catalog-company
> entrepreneur John Peterman in a well-known sitcom from 1995 to
> 1998. In 2001 he financed the relaunch of the J. Peterman Co.
> and thus became its part-owner in real life.
>
> 8. This actress """is""" perhaps best known for playing Jane in
> the Tarzan movie series starring Johnny Weismuller. She """is"""
> also the mother of Mia Farrow.
>
> 9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
> Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
> """currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
> CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".
>
> 10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
> limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
> genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal

> Reminder: first and last names for all answers.
>

> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities
>
> We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
> the country.
>
> 1. Kiel.

Germany

> 2. Varna.

Bulgaria

> 3. Busan.

South Korea

> 4. Split.

Croatia

> 5. Jeddah.

Syria

> 6. Odessa.

Ukraine

> 7. Mombasa.

Mozambique

> 8. Latakia.
> 9. Chittagong.

Burma

--
Dan Tilque

RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3 answers: O'Hollywood, coastal cities

<-W-dnTvJ8vvUiOn-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5421&group=rec.games.trivia#5421

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 2-3 answers: O'Hollywood, coastal cities
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 22:40:09 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 22:40 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-11,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2022-09-09 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 6, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2013 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. Last week, the Bay announced it will be changing its logo for
> the first time since 1965. As well, the name on their stores
> will be changing. What will be the new name of the Bay stores
> starting this year?

Their previous name, Hudson's Bay.

> 2. What movie, about an African child soldier, won the Canadian
> Screen Award for best picture plus 9 other Canadian screen
> awards, last week?

"Rebelle", also known as "War Witch"; it was also an Oscar nominee
for Best Foreign-Language Film.

> * Game 6, Round 2 - Entertainment - O'Hollywood

> This round is about performers whose last name starts with "O'".
> *In each case give BOTH THE FIRST AND LAST NAME* of the actor or
> actress described; last names may repeat.

All are still alive except as noted.

> 1. He """is""" perhaps best known for his role as Oliver Barrett IV,
> the son of wealthy and well-respected Harvard University
> graduates, who falls in love with Jennifer Cavelleri, a
> quick-witted, working-class Radcliffe College student.

Ryan O'Neal. ("Love Story" (1970).) 4 for Joshua, Stephen,
Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 2. Best known for playing a misanthropic women's shoe salesman
> with a miserable life. He hates his job, his wife is lazy, his
> son is dysfunctional (especially with women), and his daughter
> is dim-witted and promiscuous.

Ed O'Neill. (Al Bundy on "Married... with Children" (1987-97).)
4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 3. This comedienne was born into an Irish family in Commack,
> Long Island. She played third baseman Doris Murphy alongside
> Geena Davis and Tom Hanks.

Rosie O'Donnell. ("A League of Their Own" (1992).) 4 for Joshua,
Stephen, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 4. This actor played a working-class family man who held bigoted,
> conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clashed with
> nearly everyone he came into contact with, especially his
> liberal son-in-law.

Carroll O'Connor. (Archie Bunker on "All in the Family" (1971-79) and
"Archie Bunker's Place" (1979-83); he died in 2001.) 4 for Joshua,
Stephen, Dan Blum, Pete, and Dan Tilque.

> 5. This actor """is""" best known for his starring role in the ABC
> television series "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" (1955-61).
> He also holds the distinction of playing the last character that
> John Wayne ever killed on the screen, in Wayne's final movie
> "The Shootist" (1976).

Hugh O'Brian. (He died in 2016.) 4 for Stephen.

> 6. American dancer, singer, and actor who came to fame in a series
> of movies in which he co-starred alternately with Gloria Jean,
> Peggy Ryan, and Francis the Talking Mule. He is best known today
> for his role as Gene Kelly's friend and colleague Cosmo Brown.

Donald O'Connor. ("Singin' in the Rain" (1952); he died in 2003.)
4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Pete.

> 7. This actor played a fictionalized version of the catalog-company
> entrepreneur John Peterman in a well-known sitcom from 1995 to
> 1998. In 2001 he financed the relaunch of the J. Peterman Co.
> and thus became its part-owner in real life.

John O'Hurley. (Not O'Herlihy. Appeared 1995-98 on "Seinfeld"
(1989-98).) 4 for Stephen.

> 8. This actress """is""" perhaps best known for playing Jane in
> the Tarzan movie series starring Johnny Weismuller. She """is"""
> also the mother of Mia Farrow.

Maureen O'Sullivan. (She died in 1998.) 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 9. American actor. He played Dick Grayson (Robin) in two
> Batman movies, "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". He
> """currently""" stars as NCIS Special Agent G. Callen on the
> CBS crime drama television series "NCIS: Los Angeles".

Chris O'Donnell. (Still true.) 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Dan Blum.

> 10. This """retired""" professional basketball player """has had"""
> limited success in Hollywood, most noted for playing a "rappin'
> genie with an attitude" in the movie "Kazaam".

Shaquille O'Neal. (1996 movie; still true.) 4 for Joshua, Stephen,
Dan Blum, Pete, and Dan Tilque.

> * Game 6, Round 3 - Geography - Coastal Cities

> We give you a country's """most populous""" coastal city; you name
> the country.

All still true, even considering Ukraine's de facto boundary changes.

> 1. Kiel.

Germany. 4 for everyone -- Joshua, Stephen, Erland, Dan Blum,
Pete, and Dan Tilque.

> 2. Varna.

Bulgaria. 4 for Stephen, Erland, and Dan Tilque.

> 3. Busan.

South Korea -- as mentioned in the answers to Game 5, Round 9.
4 for everyone.

> 4. Split.

Croatia. 4 for everyone.

> 5. Jeddah.

Saudi Arabia. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 6. Odessa.

Ukraine. 4 for everyone.

> 7. Mombasa.

Kenya. 4 for Stephen, Erland, and Dan Blum. 3 for Joshua and Pete.

> 8. Latakia.

Syria. 4 for Stephen and Erland.

> 9. Chittagong.

Bangladesh. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Erland.

> 10. Barranquilla.

Colombia. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Erland, and Pete.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 6 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Geo
Stephen Perry 40 40 80
Joshua Kreitzer 32 31 63
Pete Gayde 20 27 47
Dan Blum 20 24 44
Erland Sommarskog 0 36 36
Dan Tilque 8 20 28

--
Mark Brader, Toronto, msb@vex.net
In the absence of the ability to redirect output and input, a still