Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 9-10: cocktails, crime and punishment
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 06:28:59 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 06:28 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-11,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

** Game 6, Round 9 - Miscellaneous - Cocktail Recipes

We are in a pub, so we should know something about cocktails.
In this round -- pun intended! -- you will be asked to identify some
of the ingredients of some of the official cocktails as recognized
by the International Bartenders Association. Answers may repeat.
All correct answers will contain alcohol. And if any of your
answers are whiskey, you need to be more specific.

1. What liquor is used to make a Bramble?
2. What liquor is used to make a Mary Pickford?
3. What liqueur is used to make a Harvey Wallbanger?
4. What is the alcoholic ingredient in a Horse's Neck?
5. The Godfather is made with Amaretto Di Saronno and what spirit?
6. The alcoholic ingredients of a Kamikaze are vodka and what
liqueur?

7. The two alcoholic ingredients of a Manhattan are red vermouth
and what liquor?

8. The recipe for a Sidecar includes two alcoholic beverages:
triple sec and what other?

9. The recipe for a Cosmopolitan includes two alcoholic beverages:
citron vodka and what liqueur?

10. The recipe for Long Island ice tea contains 5 alcoholic
ingredients, including, gin, tequila, vodka, rum, and... what
liqueur?

** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round - Crime and Punishment

* A. History: It's All in the Family

These two questions are about the Five Mafia Families of New York.

A1. What is the name of the body that was created in 1931 that
governs the Five Families?

A2. John Gotti was at one point the boss of what crime family?

* B. Geography: The Big House

B1. In what US state would you find Folsom State Prison and
San Quentin State Prison?

B2. In what US state would you find Riker's Island, Attica
Correctional Facility, and Sing Sing?

* C. Literature: Crime Story

C1. Who wrote the novel "Farewell My Lovely"?

C2. Who wrote the novel "The Maltese Falcon"?

* D. Sports: These are No Role Models

D1. In 2011, which retired San Francisco Giants player was
convicted of obstruction of justice for lying about the
use of steroids?

D2. In 1994, which figure skater was convicted for hindering
the prosecution of the attackers of her fellow figure skater
Nancy Kerrigan?

* E. Entertainment: Canadian Content

These two questions cover Canadian-produced crime series.
In each case name the series.

E1. This was a Vancouver-based crime drama that ran for
two seasons in 2006-07, starring Ian Tracey and Klea Scott.
The show centered on Jimmy Reardon, one of Vancouver's top
organized crime bosses, and Mary Spalding, the director of
the Vancouver Organized Crime Unit who has offered Reardon
immunity from prosecution in exchange for his role as a
police informant.

E2. This show, which ran from 2008 to 2012, focused on a
fictional elite tactical unit, the Strategic Response
Unit (SRU), within a Canadian metropolitan police force.
The SRU was tasked with resolving extreme situations that
regular officers are not trained to handle, including
hostage-taking, bomb threats, and heavily armed criminals.
The show starred Hugh Dillon and Amy Jo Johnson.

* F. Miscellaneous: Cultural Centers

F1. In what American city """can""" you find the Mob Museum:
the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement?

F2. In what American city """can""" you find the Crime Museum:
the National Museum of Crime and Punishment?

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Effective immediately, all memos are to be written
msb@vex.net | in clear, active-voice English." -- US gov't memo

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 6, Rounds 9-10: cocktails, crime and punishment

<tlj6k4$58qe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5436&group=rec.games.trivia#5436

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:06:44 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:06 UTC

On 11/21/22 22:28, Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Miscellaneous - Cocktail Recipes
>
> We are in a pub, so we should know something about cocktails.
> In this round -- pun intended! -- you will be asked to identify some
> of the ingredients of some of the official cocktails as recognized
> by the International Bartenders Association. Answers may repeat.
> All correct answers will contain alcohol. And if any of your
> answers are whiskey, you need to be more specific.
>
> 1. What liquor is used to make a Bramble?
> 2. What liquor is used to make a Mary Pickford?
> 3. What liqueur is used to make a Harvey Wallbanger?

sloe gin

> 4. What is the alcoholic ingredient in a Horse's Neck?
> 5. The Godfather is made with Amaretto Di Saronno and what spirit?
> 6. The alcoholic ingredients of a Kamikaze are vodka and what
> liqueur?
>
> 7. The two alcoholic ingredients of a Manhattan are red vermouth
> and what liquor?

gin

> 8. The recipe for a Sidecar includes two alcoholic beverages:
> triple sec and what other?
>
> 9. The recipe for a Cosmopolitan includes two alcoholic beverages:
> citron vodka and what liqueur?
>
> 10. The recipe for Long Island ice tea contains 5 alcoholic
> ingredients, including, gin, tequila, vodka, rum, and... what
> liqueur?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round - Crime and Punishment
>
> * A. History: It's All in the Family
>
> These two questions are about the Five Mafia Families of New York.
>
> A1. What is the name of the body that was created in 1931 that
> governs the Five Families?
>
> A2. John Gotti was at one point the boss of what crime family?
>

> * B. Geography: The Big House
>
> B1. In what US state would you find Folsom State Prison and
> San Quentin State Prison?

California

> B2. In what US state would you find Riker's Island, Attica
> Correctional Facility, and Sing Sing?

New York

> * C. Literature: Crime Story
>
> C1. Who wrote the novel "Farewell My Lovely"?
>
> C2. Who wrote the novel "The Maltese Falcon"?
>

> * D. Sports: These are No Role Models
>
> D1. In 2011, which retired San Francisco Giants player was
> convicted of obstruction of justice for lying about the
> use of steroids?
>
> D2. In 1994, which figure skater was convicted for hindering
> the prosecution of the attackers of her fellow figure skater
> Nancy Kerrigan?

Tanya Harding