Walking on water wasn't built in a day. -- Jack Kerouac

interests / rec.games.trivia / Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockey

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockeyMark Brader
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockeyDan Blum
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockeyJoshua Kreitzer
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockeyDan Tilque
+- RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockeyJason Kreitzer
`* RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockeyMark Brader
 `* RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockeyJoshua Kreitzer
  `- RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockeyMark Brader

1
RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockey

<gTydnQi1gIXH9yf-nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5449&group=rec.games.trivia#5449

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockey
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 07:01:46 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 07:01 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-04-15,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 10, Round 4 - Canadiana History - Governor-Generals

Each of these people was Governor or Governor-General either of
New France or of one of its successor entities up to and including
the present dominion of Canada.

For #1-4, name the sovereign they represented (or one of them, if
there was more than one). Name and number required if applicable.

1. Samuel de Champlain (governor from 1633).
2. Louis de Buade, Comte de Frontenac.
3. Sir Guy Carleton, Baron Dorchester.
4. John Lambton, Earl of Durham.

For #5-10, name the prime minister of Canada at the time (or one
of them, if there was more than one).

5. Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne.
6. Lord Julian Byng of Vimy.
7. Vincent Massey.
8. Jules Léger.
9. Roméo LeBlanc.
10. Michaëlle Jean.

11. For fun, but for no points: who is the governor-general *now*,
in 2023?

* Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores

Surprise! You're getting the audio round, so there are three rounds
in this set. But, of course, you're getting it without the audio:
I think it should be playable enough that way.

In this round, you'll be given the year a movie was released and the
composer of the score, and you name the film. In the original game
you had to name the specific movie whose score had a clip played;
most of them were quite well known. Here, if (according to the
IMDB) the composer scored more than one movie released that year
then I'll accept any one of them. Cinematic fiction features only,
that is; no documentaries, shorts, or TV work.

1. Elmer Bernstein, 1956.
2. Harold Faltermeyer, 1984.
3. Jerry Goldsmith, 1979.
4. James Horner, 1995.
5. James Horner, 1997.
6. Francis Lai, 1970.
7. Nino Rota, 1968.
8. Nino Rota, 1972.
9. Marc Shaiman, 1991.
10. John Williams, 1981.

* Game 10, Round 6 - Sports - Hockey Awards

This is a round on hockey trophies or awards. We will give you the
name of the trophy or award and you explain what it is awarded for.
Some of the answers are similar; for full points you must give
sufficient detail to distinguish them.

1. Vezina Trophy.
2. Art Ross Trophy.
3. Jack Adams Award.
4. Conn Smythe Trophy.
5. Hart Memorial Trophy.
6. Frank J. Selke Trophy.
7. Calder Memorial Trophy.
8. Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.
9. James Norris Memorial Trophy.
10. Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.

--
Mark Brader | "This is just the result of someone sitting down before
Toronto | a computer and carefully removing his head first.
| -- Leonard Wibberley

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockey

<tpeoh9$1re$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5451&group=rec.games.trivia#5451

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:46:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:46 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 10, Round 4 - Canadiana History - Governor-Generals

> 1. Samuel de Champlain (governor from 1633).

Louis XIII

> 2. Louis de Buade, Comte de Frontenac.

Louis XIV

> 3. Sir Guy Carleton, Baron Dorchester.

George III

> 4. John Lambton, Earl of Durham.

Victoria

> 5. Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne.

King

> 6. Lord Julian Byng of Vimy.

Macdonald

> 7. Vincent Massey.

Pearson

> 8. Jules L?ger.

Pierre Trudeau

> 9. Rom?o LeBlanc.

Harper

> 10. Micha?lle Jean.

Harper

> * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores

> 2. Harold Faltermeyer, 1984.

Beverly Hills Cop

> 3. Jerry Goldsmith, 1979.

Alien

> 10. John Williams, 1981.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockey

<dd7a8d64-c104-4b38-8774-563615b7d921n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5452&group=rec.games.trivia#5452

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 11:48:05 -0800 (PST)
From: gromit82@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:48 UTC

On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 2:01:53 AM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 10, Round 4 - Canadiana History - Governor-Generals
>
> Each of these people was Governor or Governor-General either of
> New France or of one of its successor entities up to and including
> the present dominion of Canada.
>
> For #1-4, name the sovereign they represented (or one of them, if
> there was more than one). Name and number required if applicable.
>
> 1. Samuel de Champlain (governor from 1633).

Louis XIV
> For #5-10, name the prime minister of Canada at the time (or one
> of them, if there was more than one).
>
> 9. Roméo LeBlanc.

Martin; Chretien
> 10. Michaëlle Jean.

Martin; Chretien

> * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores
>
> Surprise! You're getting the audio round, so there are three rounds
> in this set. But, of course, you're getting it without the audio:
> I think it should be playable enough that way.
>
> In this round, you'll be given the year a movie was released and the
> composer of the score, and you name the film.
>
> 1. Elmer Bernstein, 1956.

"The Ten Commandments"

> 2. Harold Faltermeyer, 1984.

"Beverly Hills Cop"
> 3. Jerry Goldsmith, 1979.

"Alien"

> 4. James Horner, 1995.

"Braveheart"

> 5. James Horner, 1997.

"Titanic"
> 6. Francis Lai, 1970.

"Love Story"
> 7. Nino Rota, 1968.

"Romeo and Juliet"

> 8. Nino Rota, 1972.

"The Godfather"

> 10. John Williams, 1981.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark"
> * Game 10, Round 6 - Sports - Hockey Awards
>
> This is a round on hockey trophies or awards. We will give you the
> name of the trophy or award and you explain what it is awarded for.
> Some of the answers are similar; for full points you must give
> sufficient detail to distinguish them.
>
> 1. Vezina Trophy.

best goalie in the NHL
> 8. Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.

most sportsmanlike conduct in the NHL

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockey

<tpfuj1$2ho$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5453&group=rec.games.trivia#5453

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 18:36:16 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 02:36 UTC

On 1/7/23 23:01, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 10, Round 4 - Canadiana History - Governor-Generals
>
> Each of these people was Governor or Governor-General either of
> New France or of one of its successor entities up to and including
> the present dominion of Canada.
>
> For #1-4, name the sovereign they represented (or one of them, if
> there was more than one). Name and number required if applicable.
>
> 1. Samuel de Champlain (governor from 1633).

Louis XIII

> 2. Louis de Buade, Comte de Frontenac.

Louis XIV

> 3. Sir Guy Carleton, Baron Dorchester.

George III

> 4. John Lambton, Earl of Durham.

Queen Victoria

> For #5-10, name the prime minister of Canada at the time (or one
> of them, if there was more than one).
>
> 5. Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne.
> 6. Lord Julian Byng of Vimy.
> 7. Vincent Massey.
> 8. Jules Léger.
> 9. Roméo LeBlanc.
> 10. Michaëlle Jean.
>
> 11. For fun, but for no points: who is the governor-general *now*,
> in 2023?
>

> * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores
>
> Surprise! You're getting the audio round, so there are three rounds
> in this set. But, of course, you're getting it without the audio:
> I think it should be playable enough that way.
>
> In this round, you'll be given the year a movie was released and the
> composer of the score, and you name the film. In the original game
> you had to name the specific movie whose score had a clip played;
> most of them were quite well known. Here, if (according to the
> IMDB) the composer scored more than one movie released that year
> then I'll accept any one of them. Cinematic fiction features only,
> that is; no documentaries, shorts, or TV work.
>
> 1. Elmer Bernstein, 1956.
> 2. Harold Faltermeyer, 1984.
> 3. Jerry Goldsmith, 1979.
> 4. James Horner, 1995.
> 5. James Horner, 1997.
> 6. Francis Lai, 1970.
> 7. Nino Rota, 1968.
> 8. Nino Rota, 1972.
> 9. Marc Shaiman, 1991.
> 10. John Williams, 1981.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

> * Game 10, Round 6 - Sports - Hockey Awards
>
> This is a round on hockey trophies or awards. We will give you the
> name of the trophy or award and you explain what it is awarded for.
> Some of the answers are similar; for full points you must give
> sufficient detail to distinguish them.
>
> 1. Vezina Trophy.
> 2. Art Ross Trophy.
> 3. Jack Adams Award.
> 4. Conn Smythe Trophy.
> 5. Hart Memorial Trophy.
> 6. Frank J. Selke Trophy.
> 7. Calder Memorial Trophy.
> 8. Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.
> 9. James Norris Memorial Trophy.
> 10. Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6: GGs, scores, and hockey

<7b694bf9-6bdf-4b0b-aac1-cd906d47e459n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5454&group=rec.games.trivia#5454

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:56:49 -0800 (PST)
From: jk71875@gmail.com (Jason Kreitzer)
 by: Jason Kreitzer - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 03:56 UTC

On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 2:01:53 AM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-04-15,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 10, Round 4 - Canadiana History - Governor-Generals
>
> Each of these people was Governor or Governor-General either of
> New France or of one of its successor entities up to and including
> the present dominion of Canada.
>
> For #1-4, name the sovereign they represented (or one of them, if
> there was more than one). Name and number required if applicable.
>
> 1. Samuel de Champlain (governor from 1633).
> 2. Louis de Buade, Comte de Frontenac.
> 3. Sir Guy Carleton, Baron Dorchester.
> 4. John Lambton, Earl of Durham.
>
> For #5-10, name the prime minister of Canada at the time (or one
> of them, if there was more than one).
>
> 5. Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne.
> 6. Lord Julian Byng of Vimy.
> 7. Vincent Massey.
> 8. Jules Léger.
> 9. Roméo LeBlanc.
> 10. Michaëlle Jean.
>
> 11. For fun, but for no points: who is the governor-general *now*,
> in 2023?
>

> * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores
>
> Surprise! You're getting the audio round, so there are three rounds
> in this set. But, of course, you're getting it without the audio:
> I think it should be playable enough that way.
>
> In this round, you'll be given the year a movie was released and the
> composer of the score, and you name the film. In the original game
> you had to name the specific movie whose score had a clip played;
> most of them were quite well known. Here, if (according to the
> IMDB) the composer scored more than one movie released that year
> then I'll accept any one of them. Cinematic fiction features only,
> that is; no documentaries, shorts, or TV work.
>
> 1. Elmer Bernstein, 1956.
> 2. Harold Faltermeyer, 1984.
"Beverly Hills Cop"
> 3. Jerry Goldsmith, 1979.
> 4. James Horner, 1995.
> 5. James Horner, 1997.
"Titanic"
> 6. Francis Lai, 1970.
> 7. Nino Rota, 1968.
> 8. Nino Rota, 1972.
"The Godfather"
> 9. Marc Shaiman, 1991.
> 10. John Williams, 1981.
"Raiders of the Lost Ark"

> * Game 10, Round 6 - Sports - Hockey Awards
>
> This is a round on hockey trophies or awards. We will give you the
> name of the trophy or award and you explain what it is awarded for.
> Some of the answers are similar; for full points you must give
> sufficient detail to distinguish them.
>
> 1. Vezina Trophy.
> 2. Art Ross Trophy.
> 3. Jack Adams Award.
> 4. Conn Smythe Trophy.
> 5. Hart Memorial Trophy.
> 6. Frank J. Selke Trophy.
> 7. Calder Memorial Trophy.
> 8. Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.
> 9. James Norris Memorial Trophy.
> 10. Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.
>
> --
> Mark Brader | "This is just the result of someone sitting down before
> Toronto | a computer and carefully removing his head first.
> m...@vex.net | It's a phenomenon which is becoming more and more common."
> | -- Leonard Wibberley
> My text in this article is in the public domain.

RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockey

<r3CdnVoTPfciwiP-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5455&group=rec.games.trivia#5455

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockey
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 07:05:35 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 07:05 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-04-15,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2022-09-09 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 10, Round 4 - Canadiana History - Governor-Generals

> Each of these people was Governor or Governor-General either of
> New France or of one of its successor entities up to and including
> the present dominion of Canada.

In the original game it wasn't mentioned that they were going to be
in chronological order, so I left it that way.

> For #1-4, name the sovereign they represented (or one of them, if
> there was more than one). Name and number required if applicable.

> 1. Samuel de Champlain (governor from 1633).

(He was governor 1633-35, according to one source. For some of
these earlier ones, different sources have conflicting information.)
Louis XIII. 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

> 2. Louis de Buade, Comte de Frontenac.

(1672-82 and 1689-98.) Louis XIV. 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

> 3. Sir Guy Carleton, Baron Dorchester.

(1768-78 and 1786-95.) George III. 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

> 4. John Lambton, Earl of Durham.

(1838.) Victoria. 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

> For #5-10, name the prime minister of Canada at the time (or one
> of them, if there was more than one).

> 5. Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of Lansdowne.

(1883-88.) Sir John A. Macdonald.

> 6. Lord Julian Byng of Vimy.

(1921-26.) Arthur Meighen, William Lyon Mackenzie King. As in the
King-Byng thing, eh?

> 7. Vincent Massey.

(1952-59.) Louis St. Laurent, John Diefenbaker.

> 8. Jules Léger.

(1974-79.) Pierre Trudeau. 4 for Dan Blum.

> 9. Roméo LeBlanc.

(1995-99.) Jean Chrétien. 2 for Joshua.

> 10. Michaëlle Jean.

(2005-10.) Paul Martin, Stephen Harper. 4 for Dan Blum.
3 for Joshua.

> 11. For fun, but for no points: who is the governor-general *now*,
> in 2023?

Mary Simon (or Ningiukudluk).

> * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores

> Surprise! You're getting the audio round, so there are three rounds
> in this set. But, of course, you're getting it without the audio:
> I think it should be playable enough that way.

> In this round, you'll be given a composer's name and the release
> date of a movie scored by that composer, and, of course, you need to
> name the movie. In the original game a clip was played and you had
> to name that specific movie; most of them were quite well known.
> Here, if (according to the IMDB) the composer scored more than
> one movie released that year then I'll accept any one of them.
> Cinematic fiction features only, that is; no documentaries, shorts,
> or TV work.

I'll report on the wrong answers here as well.

> 1. Elmer Bernstein, 1956.

"The Ten Commandments". 4 for Joshua.

> 2. Harold Faltermeyer, 1984.

"Beverly Hills Cop"; also "Thief of Hearts" and "Didi - Der
Doppelgänger" ("Non-Stop Trouble with My Double"). 4 for Dan Blum,
Joshua, and Jason.

> 3. Jerry Goldsmith, 1979.

"Star Trek: The Motion Picture"; also "Alien", "Players".
4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 4. James Horner, 1995.

"Braveheart"; also "Apollo 13", "Balto", "Casper", "Jade", and
"Jumanji". 4 for Joshua.

> 5. James Horner, 1997.

"Titanic"; also accepting "The Devil's Own". 4 for Joshua and Jason.

> 6. Francis Lai, 1970.

"Love Story"; also "Berlin Affair", "Eyes Full of Sun",
"Hello-Goodbye", "Le passager de la pluie" ("Rider on the Rain"),
"Le voyou" ("The Crook"), "Madly", "The Games", "The Modification",
and "With Love in Mind"! 4 for Joshua.

> 7. Nino Rota, 1968.

"Romeo and Juliet"; also "Spirits of the Dead". 4 for Joshua.

> 8. Nino Rota, 1972.

"The Godfather"; also "Roma". 4 for Joshua and Jason.

"The Sting" came out in 1973 and the score consisted of music by
Scott Joplin (dating from about 30 years before the era it was set
in, by the way) as adapted by Marvin Hamlisch.

> 9. Marc Shaiman, 1991.

"The Addams Family"; also "City Slickers" and "Scenes from a Mall".

> 10. John Williams, 1981.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark"; also "Heartbeeps".

John Williams did score "Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire
Strikes Back", but that was a 1980 release.

> * Game 10, Round 6 - Sports - Hockey Awards

> This is a round on hockey trophies or awards. We will give you the
> name of the trophy or award and you explain what it is awarded for.
> Some of the answers are similar; for full points you must give
> sufficient detail to distinguish them.

> 1. Vezina Trophy.

Best goaltender. (Previously based on statistics, now by vote.)
4 for Joshua.

> 2. Art Ross Trophy.

Most scoring points (goals + assists) in the regular season.

> 3. Jack Adams Award.

Best coach.

> 4. Conn Smythe Trophy.

MVP in the playoffs.

> 5. Hart Memorial Trophy.

MVP in the regular season.

> 6. Frank J. Selke Trophy.

Best defensive forward.

> 7. Calder Memorial Trophy.

Best rookie.

> 8. Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.

For sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct (combined with high
ability). 4 for Joshua.

> 9. James Norris Memorial Trophy.

Best defenseman.

> 10. Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.

For perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 10 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 5 6 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent Geo Can Aud Spo THREE
Joshua Kreitzer 40 28 5 32 8 100
Dan Blum 32 32 24 8 0 88
Stephen Perry 39 40 -- -- -- 79
Pete Gayde 28 31 -- -- -- 59
Jason Kreitzer 36 4 0 12 0 52
Dan Tilque 8 24 16 0 0 48
Erland Sommarskog 8 32 -- -- -- 40

--
Mark Brader, Toronto, msb@vex.net
non-resident pedant

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockey

<ccc53797-6e75-4cf6-9567-3deb09782e5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5457&group=rec.games.trivia#5457

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 01:22:28 -0800 (PST)
From: gromit82@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 09:22 UTC

On Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 1:05:40 AM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:
> Mark Brader:
> > * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores
>
> > 10. John Williams, 1981.
>
> "Raiders of the Lost Ark"; also "Heartbeeps".

Dan Blum, Jason, and I should all have received 4 points for this one (we all answered "Raiders of the Lost Ark").

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 10, Rounds 4-6 answers: GGs, scores, and hockey

<ormcncrEnenKCSP-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5459&group=rec.games.trivia#5459

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:49:59 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 10:49 UTC

Mark Brader:
>>> * Game 10, Round 5 - Audio - Movie Scores
>>> 10. John Williams, 1981.
>> "Raiders of the Lost Ark"; also "Heartbeeps".
Joshua Kreitzer:
> Dan Blum, Jason, and I should all have received 4 points for this one
> (we all answered "Raiders of the Lost Ark").

Urk! Indeed, 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Jason.

By the way, if I'd processed these rounds after watching yesterday's
(Tuesday's) "Jeopardy!" instead of before, I would have added a note
that a version of *this* question

>>> 6. Frank J. Selke Trophy.
>> Best defensive forward.

was asked on the show. They mentioned that it goes to forwards,
but none of the players knew what it was for.

Scores, if there are now no errors:

GAME 10 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 5 6 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent Geo Can Aud Spo THREE
Joshua Kreitzer 40 28 5 36 8 104
Dan Blum 32 32 24 12 0 88
Stephen Perry 39 40 -- -- -- 79
Pete Gayde 28 31 -- -- -- 59
Jason Kreitzer 36 4 0 16 0 56
Dan Tilque 8 24 16 0 0 48
Erland Sommarskog 8 32 -- -- -- 40

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "...and if sooner or later your revels must be ended,
msb@vex.net | well, at least you reveled." --Roger Ebert