A celebrity is a person who is known for his well-knownness.

interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneous

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneousMark Brader
+- RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneousDan Tilque
+- RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneousErland Sommarskog
+- RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneousDan Blum
`- RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8 answers: arts and lit and miscellaneousMark Brader

1
RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneous

<nfacnaExWuSUuU3-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5490&group=rec.games.trivia#5490

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneous
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:31:37 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:31 UTC

[Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the old thread.
Reposting to start a new one. You still only have
3 days from the first posting to enter.]

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-04-22,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

** Final, Round 7 - Arts & Literature

* Name the Work from the Characters

We'll give you some characters from a novel; you give us the title.

1. Jing-Mei Woo, Lindo Jong, Waverly Jong.
2. Janie Crawford, Tea Cake, Logan Killicks.
3. John Yossarian, Major Major, Milo Minderbinder.

* Poets

We'll give you the name of a poem; you give us the author.

4. "Prometheus". (The poem that begins "Titan! to whose immortal
eyes", that is.)

5. "Easter 1916".
6. "The Lady of Shalott".

* Canadian Artists and Their Homes in the GTA

7. Born in England in 1869, this artist was raised in Cabbagetown
in the distinctive Owl House. He is best known for his
depictions of Canadian history and early Canadian pioneer life.
As an adult, he lived in a 19th-century farmhouse that was moved
about 20 feet in 1956 due to road construction, but """still
stands""" in its new location on Yonge St. just north of York
Mills Rd. Who was this artist?

8. This artist, born in Ireland in 1810, is best known for his
painting of First Nations peoples of Western Canada and the
Oregon Territory. His permanent address was in Toronto,
at 56 Wellesley St. E., in a house """part of which is still
standing""". Who was this artist who died in 1871?

9. This member of the Group of Seven was born in England in 1881.
He and Lauren Harris were the only two members of the group
who painted portraits. He died in 1969, and there """is"""
an art gallery named after him in Unionville. Who was he?

* Children's Books by Writers Not Known for Writing for Children

10. Which British author wrote the children's book "Chitty Chitty
Bang Bang", which was filmed in 1968?

11. What Nobel-prizewinning novelist wrote "The Red Pony"?

12. What British essayist, writing with his sister, wrote the
children's book "Tales from Shakespeare" in 1807?

* Opening Lines of Novels (yes, again)

We'll give you the opening lines of a novel; you name it.

13. A squat gray building of only thirty-four storeys. Over
the main entrance the words, "Central London Hatchery and
Conditioning Centre", and in a shield, the World State's motto...

14. The cold passed reluctantly from the earth, and the retiring
fogs revealed an army stretched out on the hills, resting...

15. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.

** Final, Round 8 - Miscellaneous

* Canadian Signature Sweets

This triplet is about Canadian signature sweets. We will show you
the sweet and tell you where it is most commonly associated with,
and you provide the name.

1. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet1.jpg>
is commonly associated with Newfoundland. What is it called?

2. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet2.jpg>
is found in Ottawa. What is it called?

3. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet3.jpg>
is commonly associated with Quebec. In English or French,
what is it called?

* Quotations

This triple was badly written, with two apocryphal quotations out
of three in the original game; I've substituted genuine quotations
by the same people.

4. Who said the following? "Striving for peace and preparing
for war are incompatible with each other, and in our time more
so than ever."

5. Who said the following? ("They" was another country, while
the country whose name we've deleted was his own.) "...their
generals told their Prime Minister and his divided Cabinet,
'In three weeks <country> will have her neck wrung like
a chicken.' Some chicken; some neck."

6. Who famously quoted the following on a historic occasion?
"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

* Whatchamacallits

We give you the description and a picture; you give us the
obscure name.

7. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what7.png> The piece of
plastic covering the end of your shoelace.

8. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what8.jpg> The metal band
that connects the pencil eraser to the end of the pencil.

9. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what9.jpg> The vertical
groove between your lip and nose.

* Same Names

This is a triple on famous people with the same name. We give
the description of the two people who share the same name, and
you give that shared name.

10. The wife of William Shakespeare, and the actress who has
"""recently""" appeared in "Les Miserables" and "The Dark
Knight Rises".

11. The founder of the hamburger chain Wendy's, and a Canadian
comic actor.

12. The actor who played Captain Apollo in the original "Battlestar
Galactica" and Tom Zarek in the reboot of "Battlestar Galactica",
and the first winner of "Survivor".

* Logos Without Corporate Names

Please identify the corporate or brand name that we have removed
from each logo.

13. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo13.png>.
14. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo14.png>.
15. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo15.png>.

--
Mark Brader | "The problem with waiting for a 'smoking gun' is
Toronto | that it means the gun has already been fired."

Re: RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneous

<tqpao2$8ubr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5491&group=rec.games.trivia#5491

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:15:14 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:15 UTC

On 1/24/23 10:31, Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Final, Round 7 - Arts & Literature
>
> * Name the Work from the Characters
>
> We'll give you some characters from a novel; you give us the title.
>
> 1. Jing-Mei Woo, Lindo Jong, Waverly Jong.

The Joy Luck Club

> 2. Janie Crawford, Tea Cake, Logan Killicks.
> 3. John Yossarian, Major Major, Milo Minderbinder.

Catch-22

> * Poets
>
> We'll give you the name of a poem; you give us the author.
>
> 4. "Prometheus". (The poem that begins "Titan! to whose immortal
> eyes", that is.)

Milton

> 5. "Easter 1916".
> 6. "The Lady of Shalott".

Tennyson

> * Canadian Artists and Their Homes in the GTA
>
> 7. Born in England in 1869, this artist was raised in Cabbagetown
> in the distinctive Owl House. He is best known for his
> depictions of Canadian history and early Canadian pioneer life.
> As an adult, he lived in a 19th-century farmhouse that was moved
> about 20 feet in 1956 due to road construction, but """still
> stands""" in its new location on Yonge St. just north of York
> Mills Rd. Who was this artist?
>
> 8. This artist, born in Ireland in 1810, is best known for his
> painting of First Nations peoples of Western Canada and the
> Oregon Territory. His permanent address was in Toronto,
> at 56 Wellesley St. E., in a house """part of which is still
> standing""". Who was this artist who died in 1871?
>
> 9. This member of the Group of Seven was born in England in 1881.
> He and Lauren Harris were the only two members of the group
> who painted portraits. He died in 1969, and there """is"""
> an art gallery named after him in Unionville. Who was he?
>

> * Children's Books by Writers Not Known for Writing for Children
>
> 10. Which British author wrote the children's book "Chitty Chitty
> Bang Bang", which was filmed in 1968?

Ian Fleming

> 11. What Nobel-prizewinning novelist wrote "The Red Pony"?
>
> 12. What British essayist, writing with his sister, wrote the
> children's book "Tales from Shakespeare" in 1807?
>

> * Opening Lines of Novels (yes, again)
>
> We'll give you the opening lines of a novel; you name it.
>
> 13. A squat gray building of only thirty-four storeys. Over
> the main entrance the words, "Central London Hatchery and
> Conditioning Centre", and in a shield, the World State's motto...

Brave New World

> 14. The cold passed reluctantly from the earth, and the retiring
> fogs revealed an army stretched out on the hills, resting...
>
> 15. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.
>

> ** Final, Round 8 - Miscellaneous
>
> * Canadian Signature Sweets
>
> This triplet is about Canadian signature sweets. We will show you
> the sweet and tell you where it is most commonly associated with,
> and you provide the name.
>
> 1. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet1.jpg>
> is commonly associated with Newfoundland. What is it called?
>
> 2. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet2.jpg>
> is found in Ottawa. What is it called?
>
> 3. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet3.jpg>
> is commonly associated with Quebec. In English or French,
> what is it called?

cinamon roll

> * Quotations
>
> This triple was badly written, with two apocryphal quotations out
> of three in the original game; I've substituted genuine quotations
> by the same people.
>
> 4. Who said the following? "Striving for peace and preparing
> for war are incompatible with each other, and in our time more
> so than ever."
>
> 5. Who said the following? ("They" was another country, while
> the country whose name we've deleted was his own.) "...their
> generals told their Prime Minister and his divided Cabinet,
> 'In three weeks <country> will have her neck wrung like
> a chicken.' Some chicken; some neck."
>
> 6. Who famously quoted the following on a historic occasion?
> "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
>

> * Whatchamacallits
>
> We give you the description and a picture; you give us the
> obscure name.
>
> 7. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what7.png> The piece of
> plastic covering the end of your shoelace.

aglet

> 8. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what8.jpg> The metal band
> that connects the pencil eraser to the end of the pencil.
>
> 9. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what9.jpg> The vertical
> groove between your lip and nose.

philtrum

> * Same Names
>
> This is a triple on famous people with the same name. We give
> the description of the two people who share the same name, and
> you give that shared name.
>
> 10. The wife of William Shakespeare, and the actress who has
> """recently""" appeared in "Les Miserables" and "The Dark
> Knight Rises".

Anne

> 11. The founder of the hamburger chain Wendy's, and a Canadian
> comic actor.

David

> 12. The actor who played Captain Apollo in the original "Battlestar
> Galactica" and Tom Zarek in the reboot of "Battlestar Galactica",
> and the first winner of "Survivor".
>

> * Logos Without Corporate Names
>
> Please identify the corporate or brand name that we have removed
> from each logo.
>
> 13. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo13.png>.

Cisco Systems

> 14. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo14.png>.

Hewlett-Packard

> 15. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo15.png>.

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneous

<XnsAF96CF1452C1EYazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5492&group=rec.games.trivia#5492

From: esquel@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 20:21:24 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:21 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> ** Final, Round 8 - Miscellaneous
>
> * Canadian Signature Sweets
>
> 2. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet2.jpg>
> is found in Ottawa. What is it called?

That looks like quite a bit langos to me, but I know it as a Hungarian
thing. But, of course, specialities from Ottawa, would be virtually
unknown over here.

Re: RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8: arts and lit and miscellaneous

<tqq3nv$p67$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5493&group=rec.games.trivia#5493

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:21:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:21 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> ** Final, Round 7 - Arts & Literature

> * Name the Work from the Characters

> 1. Jing-Mei Woo, Lindo Jong, Waverly Jong.

The Joy Luck Club

> 3. John Yossarian, Major Major, Milo Minderbinder.

Catch-22

> * Poets

> 4. "Prometheus". (The poem that begins "Titan! to whose immortal
> eyes", that is.)

Shelley

> 5. "Easter 1916".

Owens

> 6. "The Lady of Shalott".

Tennyson

> * Children's Books by Writers Not Known for Writing for Children

> 10. Which British author wrote the children's book "Chitty Chitty
> Bang Bang", which was filmed in 1968?

Ian Fleming

> 11. What Nobel-prizewinning novelist wrote "The Red Pony"?

John Steinbeck

> 12. What British essayist, writing with his sister, wrote the
> children's book "Tales from Shakespeare" in 1807?

Charles Lamb

> * Opening Lines of Novels (yes, again)

> We'll give you the opening lines of a novel; you name it.

> 13. A squat gray building of only thirty-four storeys. Over
> the main entrance the words, "Central London Hatchery and
> Conditioning Centre", and in a shield, the World State's motto...

Brave New World

> 15. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

> ** Final, Round 8 - Miscellaneous

> * Canadian Signature Sweets

> 2. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet2.jpg>
> is found in Ottawa. What is it called?

bear paw

> 3. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet3.jpg>
> is commonly associated with Quebec. In English or French,
> what is it called?

snail

> * Quotations

> 5. Who said the following? ("They" was another country, while
> the country whose name we've deleted was his own.) "...their
> generals told their Prime Minister and his divided Cabinet,
> 'In three weeks <country> will have her neck wrung like
> a chicken.' Some chicken; some neck."

Truman

> 6. Who famously quoted the following on a historic occasion?
> "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Oppenheimer

> * Whatchamacallits

> 7. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what7.png> The piece of
> plastic covering the end of your shoelace.

aglet; grommet

> 9. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what9.jpg> The vertical
> groove between your lip and nose.

philtrum

> * Same Names

> 10. The wife of William Shakespeare, and the actress who has
> """recently""" appeared in "Les Miserables" and "The Dark
> Knight Rises".

Anne Hathaway

> 11. The founder of the hamburger chain Wendy's, and a Canadian
> comic actor.

Dave Thomas

> 12. The actor who played Captain Apollo in the original "Battlestar
> Galactica" and Tom Zarek in the reboot of "Battlestar Galactica",
> and the first winner of "Survivor".

Richard Hatch

> * Logos Without Corporate Names

> 13. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo13.png>.

Cisco

> 14. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo14.png>.

HP

> 15. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo15.png>.

SoundCloud

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8 answers: arts and lit and miscellaneous

<6BWdnesEA9k1qEn-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=5495&group=rec.games.trivia#5495

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: Re: RQFTCINO13 Final, Rounds 7-8 answers: arts and lit and miscellaneous
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 20:35:52 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 20:35 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-04-22,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2022-09-09 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> ** Final, Round 7 - Arts & Literature

> * Name the Work from the Characters

> We'll give you some characters from a novel; you give us the title.

> 1. Jing-Mei Woo, Lindo Jong, Waverly Jong.

"The Joy Luck Club" (by Amy Tan). 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum,
and Joshua.

> 2. Janie Crawford, Tea Cake, Logan Killicks.

"Their Eyes were Watching God" (by Zora Neale Hurston).

> 3. John Yossarian, Major Major, Milo Minderbinder.

"Catch-22" (by Joseph Heller). 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum,
and Joshua.

> * Poets

> We'll give you the name of a poem; you give us the author.

> 4. "Prometheus". (The poem that begins "Titan! to whose immortal
> eyes", that is.)

George Gordon, Lord Byron.

> 5. "Easter 1916".

William Butler Yeats. 4 for Joshua.

> 6. "The Lady of Shalott".

Alfred Lord Tennyson. 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> * Canadian Artists and Their Homes in the GTA

> 7. Born in England in 1869, this artist was raised in Cabbagetown
> in the distinctive Owl House. He is best known for his
> depictions of Canadian history and early Canadian pioneer life.
> As an adult, he lived in a 19th-century farmhouse that was moved
> about 20 feet in 1956 due to road construction, but """still
> stands""" in its new location on Yonge St. just north of York
> Mills Rd. Who was this artist?

C.W. Jeffreys. (Still true.)

> 8. This artist, born in Ireland in 1810, is best known for his
> painting of First Nations peoples of Western Canada and the
> Oregon Territory. His permanent address was in Toronto,
> at 56 Wellesley St. E., in a house """part of which is still
> standing""". Who was this artist who died in 1871?

Paul Kane. (Still true.)

> 9. This member of the Group of Seven was born in England in 1881.
> He and Lauren Harris were the only two members of the group
> who painted portraits. He died in 1969, and there """is"""
> an art gallery named after him in Unionville. Who was he?

Fredrick H. Varley. (Still true.)

> * Children's Books by Writers Not Known for Writing for Children

> 10. Which British author wrote the children's book "Chitty Chitty
> Bang Bang", which was filmed in 1968?

Ian Fleming. 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> 11. What Nobel-prizewinning novelist wrote "The Red Pony"?

John Steinbeck. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 12. What British essayist, writing with his sister, wrote the
> children's book "Tales from Shakespeare" in 1807?

Charles Lamb (with Mary Lamb). 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> * Opening Lines of Novels (yes, again)

> We'll give you the opening lines of a novel; you name it.

> 13. A squat gray building of only thirty-four storeys. Over
> the main entrance the words, "Central London Hatchery and
> Conditioning Centre", and in a shield, the World State's motto...

"Brave New World" (by Aldous Huxley). 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum,
and Joshua.

The motto was "Community, Identity, Stability".

> 14. The cold passed reluctantly from the earth, and the retiring
> fogs revealed an army stretched out on the hills, resting...

"The Red Badge of Courage" (by Stephen Crane).

> 15. In the town, there were two mutes and they were always together.

"The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" (by Carson McCullers). 4 for Dan Blum
and Joshua.

> ** Final, Round 8 - Miscellaneous

> * Canadian Signature Sweets

> This triplet is about Canadian signature sweets. We will show you
> the sweet and tell you where it is most commonly associated with,
> and you provide the name.

> 1. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet1.jpg>
> is commonly associated with Newfoundland. What is it called?

Figgy duff.

> 2. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet2.jpg>
> is found in Ottawa. What is it called?

Beaver tails or elephant ears. 3 for Erland.

> 3. This sweet <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/sweet3.jpg>
> is commonly associated with Quebec. In English or French,
> what is it called?

Nun's farts, pets de soeurs!

> * Quotations

> This triple was badly written, with two apocryphal quotations out
> of three in the original game; I've substituted genuine quotations
> by the same people.

> 4. Who said the following? "Striving for peace and preparing
> for war are incompatible with each other, and in our time more
> so than ever."

Albert Einstein (in a radio interview in 1950).

The quote in the original question was: "The significant problems
we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at
when we created them". Einstein did say something similar, in a
1946 fundraising solicitation for the Emergency Committee of Atomic
Scientists, but it wasn't about unspecified "significant problems",
it was about one problem identified in an earlier sentence: "the
unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of
thinking"; and he referred not to levels of thinking, but to types of
thinking and levels that mankind might attain. His actual wording
asked for money "to let the people know that a new type of thinking
is essential if mankind is to survive and move toward higher levels".

> 5. Who said the following? ("They" was another country, while
> the country whose name we've deleted was his own.) "...their
> generals told their Prime Minister and his divided Cabinet,
> 'In three weeks <country> will have her neck wrung like
> a chicken.' Some chicken; some neck."

Winston Churchill (to the Parliament of Canada in 1941; "they"
were the French).

This was part of a speech he made in the Canadian Parliament.
Yousuf Karsh was present and his famous portrait photograph
was taken just after the speech was finished. See:
http://karsh.org/photographs/winston-churchill/

The quote in the original question was: "Any man who is under 30, and
is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not
a conservative, has no brains." It's not known who really said this
or what the original wording was; but Churchill actually changed *from
the Conservative Party to the Liberals* just before he turned 30,
before switching *back* to the Conservatives 20 years later.

> 6. Who famously quoted the following on a historic occasion?
> "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Robert J. Oppenheimer (at the first nuclear-bomb test in 1945).
4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> * Whatchamacallits

> We give you the description and a picture; you give us the
> obscure name.

> 7. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what7.png> The piece of
> plastic covering the end of your shoelace.

Aglet. 4 for Dan Tilque and Joshua. 3 for Dan Blum.

> 8. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what8.jpg> The metal band
> that connects the pencil eraser to the end of the pencil.

Ferrule. 4 for Joshua.

> 9. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/what9.jpg> The vertical
> groove between your lip and nose.

Philtrum. 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> * Same Names

> This is a triple on famous people with the same name. We give
> the description of the two people who share the same name, and
> you give that shared name.

> 10. The wife of William Shakespeare, and the actress who has
> """recently""" appeared in "Les Miserables" and "The Dark
> Knight Rises".

Anne Hathaway. No points for first name alone. 4 for Dan Blum
and Joshua.

A version of this question appeared on the TV show "The Million
Second Quiz" on 2013-09-11.

> 11. The founder of the hamburger chain Wendy's, and a Canadian
> comic actor.

Dave Thomas. No points for first name alone -- weren't you
listening? :-) 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 12. The actor who played Captain Apollo in the original "Battlestar
> Galactica" and Tom Zarek in the reboot of "Battlestar Galactica",
> and the first winner of "Survivor".

Richard Hatch. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> * Logos Without Corporate Names

> Please identify the corporate or brand name that we have removed
> from each logo.

> 13. <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-8/logo13.png>.

Cisco. 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

Click here to read the complete article