The only certainty is that nothing is certain. -- Pliny the Elder

interests / rec.games.pinball / Re: EM help

SubjectAuthor
* EM helpRadgame
+- EM helpJohn Robertson
`* EM helpKerry Imming
 `* EM helpJohn Robertson
  `- EM helpRadgame

1
EM help

<fe715c4d-f1a7-4ff8-ae5e-b8dd3eb9b465n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6024&group=rec.games.pinball#6024

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:11:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: EM help
From: loriradford@aol.com (Radgame)
 by: Radgame - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 20:11 UTC

Hi. I'm working on a Bally Space Time. The problem is when I hit
the outhole, saucers or the collect tunnel it makes the score motor run but does not score or kick the balls out. When I start a game it won't kick the ball into the shooter lane. If I hold in the relays it seems like there is a second pulse that will make it work properly. It seems like there should be something in common with them all but I can't find it. Anyone left out there that can help me I would appreciate it. I hate to see RGP fading away and a place to buy drugs.
I have enjoyed this group for a long time.
Thanks
Rad

Re: EM help

<HMydnbmVYfjOklP_nZ2dnUU7-W3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6025&group=rec.games.pinball#6025

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 17:18:26 -0700
Subject: Re: EM help
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: spam@flippers.com (John Robertson)
 by: John Robertson - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 00:18 UTC

On 2022/07/12 1:11 p.m., Radgame wrote:
> Hi. I'm working on a Bally Space Time. The problem is when I hit
> the outhole, saucers or the collect tunnel it makes the score motor run but does not score or kick the balls out. When I start a game it won't kick the ball into the shooter lane. If I hold in the relays it seems like there is a second pulse that will make it work properly. It seems like there should be something in common with them all but I can't find it. Anyone left out there that can help me I would appreciate it. I hate to see RGP fading away and a place to buy drugs.
> I have enjoyed this group for a long time.
> Thanks
> Rad

Do you have the schematics?

I gave a short presentation on reading schematics 101 that may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1AAO2ihtA

We carry schematics as does The Pinball Resource...(but we post here and
appreciate the support)

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Re: EM help

<tan8o8$2f1k4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6026&group=rec.games.pinball#6026

From: kcimming@pobox.com (Kerry Imming)
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:08:37 -0500
 by: Kerry Imming - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 20:08 UTC

On 7/12/2022 3:11 PM, Radgame wrote:
> Hi. I'm working on a Bally Space Time. The problem is when I hit
> the outhole, saucers or the collect tunnel it makes the score motor run but does not score or kick the balls out. When I start a game it won't kick the ball into the shooter lane. If I hold in the relays it seems like there is a second pulse that will make it work properly. It seems like there should be something in common with them all but I can't find it. Anyone left out there that can help me I would appreciate it. I hate to see RGP fading away and a place to buy drugs.
> I have enjoyed this group for a long time.
> Thanks
> Rad

Check, clean, and adjust the following switches.
N.C. switch on GAME OVER relay with black and yellow-black wires.
N.C. switch on RESET relay with yellow-black and red-white wires.

Those two switches are in series with coils for several of the things
you mentioned.

- Kerry

Re: EM help

<ZeGdnShihNlHoVL_nZ2dnUU7-YmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6027&group=rec.games.pinball#6027

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 14:44:58 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: spam@flippers.com (John Robertson)
 by: John Robertson - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 21:44 UTC

On 2022/07/13 1:08 p.m., Kerry Imming wrote:
> On 7/12/2022 3:11 PM, Radgame wrote:
>> Hi. I'm working on a Bally Space Time. The problem is when I hit
>> the outhole, saucers or the collect tunnel it makes the score motor
>> run but does not score or kick the balls out. When I start a game it
>> won't kick the ball into the shooter lane. If I hold in the relays it
>> seems like there is a second pulse that will make it work properly. It
>> seems like there should be something in common with them all but I
>> can't find it. Anyone left out there that can help me I would
>> appreciate it. I hate to see RGP fading away and a place to buy drugs.
>> I have enjoyed this group for a long time.
>> Thanks
>> Rad
>
> Check, clean, and adjust the following switches.
> N.C. switch on GAME OVER relay with black and yellow-black wires.
> N.C. switch on RESET relay with yellow-black and red-white wires.
>
> Those two switches are in series with coils for several of the things
> you mentioned.
>
> - Kerry

Which relay(s) are you holding in to enable the ball to be put into play?

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Re: EM help

<507b6749-0de3-49b9-8686-64baa216785an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6031&group=rec.games.pinball#6031

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:12:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: loriradford@aol.com (Radgame)
 by: Radgame - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 19:12 UTC