What causes the mysterious death of everyone?

interests / rec.games.trivia / QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6 answers: KidLit and golf

SubjectAuthor
* QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfMark Brader
+- Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfPete Gayde
+- Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfDan Tilque
+- Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfswp
+- Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfDan Blum
+- Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfErland Sommarskog
+- Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golfJoshua Kreitzer
`- QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6 answers: KidLit and golfMark Brader

1
QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<RxSdnWTei_ynB7j7nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6177&group=rec.games.trivia#6177

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 22:59:06 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 22:59 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2024-03-11,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. The posting and tabulation
of current-events questions is independent of the concurrent posting
of other rounds. For further information please see my 2023-05-24
companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition
(QFTCI*)".

* Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature

Name the following works (book or series, as indicated) based on
the opening lines. Some are picture books; you will be told if
this is the case.

1. Name the book:

"Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
as they were setting the table for breakfast.

"Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
born last night."

2. Name the book:

Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
Edmund and Lucy.

3. Name the *series*:

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
lead a normal life.

4. Name the *series*:

If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
and very few happy things in the middle.

5. Name the *series*:

When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
This is the day of the reaping.

6. Name the book:

These two very old people are the father and mother of
Mr. Bucket.

7. Name the picture book:

In the great green room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of...

8. Name the picture book:

The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
kind or another...

9. Name the picture book:

In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

10. Name the picture book:

In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

* Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf

1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?

3. Who won the 2023 Canadian Open?

4. Five tournaments count as majors in women's golf. Two are the
British and US opens. Name *any one* of the other three.

5. Which Canadian golfer, man or woman, has won the most
tournaments?

6. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
previous question: Orsber Oebbxr Uraqrefba, jub jnf gur lbhatrfg
Pnanqvna gb jva n tbys znwbe?

7. Who was the last Canadian man to win a golf major?

8. Who won the Womens' US Open in 2023 at Pebble Beach?

9. According to the rules of golf, what is the maximum number
of clubs you can carry with you? If you carry more than this,
you risk being disqualified.

10. In 2028, new rules for golf balls will come into force.
What is the reason for the change manufacturers will have
to make?

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Defendant's speech ends in long sentence"
msb@vex.net | --Minneapolis Tribune, February 25, 1981

Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<v04i6p$nr7i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6179&group=rec.games.trivia#6179

From: pete.gayde@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:31:52 -0500
 by: Pete Gayde - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 02:31 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2024-03-11,

> Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. The posting and tabulation
> of current-events questions is independent of the concurrent posting
> of other rounds. For further information please see my 2023-05-24
> companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition
> (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature
>
> Name the following works (book or series, as indicated) based on
> the opening lines. Some are picture books; you will be told if
> this is the case.
>
> 1. Name the book:
>
> "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
> as they were setting the table for breakfast.
>
> "Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
> born last night."
>
> 2. Name the book:
>
> Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
> Edmund and Lucy.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

> 3. Name the *series*:
>
> Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
>
> If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
> my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
> lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
> lead a normal life.
>
> 4. Name the *series*:
>
> If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
> would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
> not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
> and very few happy things in the middle.

A Series of Unfortunate Events

> 5. Name the *series*:
>
> When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
> stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
> rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
> dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
> This is the day of the reaping.
>
> 6. Name the book:
>
> These two very old people are the father and mother of
> Mr. Bucket.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

> 7. Name the picture book:
>
> In the great green room
> There was a telephone
> And a red balloon
> And a picture of...

Goodnight Moon

> 8. Name the picture book:
>
> The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
> kind or another...

Where the Wild Things Are

> 9. Name the picture book:
>
> In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar

> 10. Name the picture book:
>
> In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
> Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

Madeline

> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf
>
> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

Grand Slam

> 2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?
>
> 3. Who won the 2023 Canadian Open?
>
> 4. Five tournaments count as majors in women's golf. Two are the
> British and US opens. Name *any one* of the other three.

LPGA Championship

> 5. Which Canadian golfer, man or woman, has won the most
> tournaments?
>
> 6. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous question: Orsber Oebbxr Uraqrefba, jub jnf gur lbhatrfg
> Pnanqvna gb jva n tbys znwbe?
>
> 7. Who was the last Canadian man to win a golf major?
>
> 8. Who won the Womens' US Open in 2023 at Pebble Beach?

Korda

> 9. According to the rules of golf, what is the maximum number
> of clubs you can carry with you? If you carry more than this,
> you risk being disqualified.

14

> 10. In 2028, new rules for golf balls will come into force.
> What is the reason for the change manufacturers will have
> to make?

Pete Gayde

Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<v04nra$opn7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6180&group=rec.games.trivia#6180

From: dtilque@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:08:07 -0700
 by: Dan Tilque - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 04:08 UTC

On 4/21/24 15:59, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature
>
> Name the following works (book or series, as indicated) based on
> the opening lines. Some are picture books; you will be told if
> this is the case.
>
> 1. Name the book:
>
> "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
> as they were setting the table for breakfast.
>
> "Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
> born last night."
>
> 2. Name the book:
>
> Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
> Edmund and Lucy.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

> 3. Name the *series*:
>
> Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
>
> If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
> my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
> lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
> lead a normal life.
>
> 4. Name the *series*:
>
> If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
> would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
> not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
> and very few happy things in the middle.
>
> 5. Name the *series*:
>
> When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
> stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
> rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
> dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
> This is the day of the reaping.
>
> 6. Name the book:
>
> These two very old people are the father and mother of
> Mr. Bucket.
>
> 7. Name the picture book:
>
> In the great green room
> There was a telephone
> And a red balloon
> And a picture of...
>
> 8. Name the picture book:
>
> The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
> kind or another...
>
> 9. Name the picture book:
>
> In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.
>
> 10. Name the picture book:
>
> In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
> Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

Madeline

> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf
>
> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

Grand Slam

> 2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?

Jack Nicklaus

7

--
Dan Tilque

Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<XnsB15CA44CE6777stephenwperrygmailco@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6183&group=rec.games.trivia#6183

From: swp@aol.com (swp)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:09:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: swp - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:09 UTC

msb@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2024-03-11,

> Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. The posting and tabulation
> of current-events questions is independent of the concurrent posting
> of other rounds. For further information please see my 2023-05-24
> companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition
> (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature
>
> Name the following works (book or series, as indicated) based on
> the opening lines. Some are picture books; you will be told if
> this is the case.
>
> 1. Name the book:
>
> "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
> as they were setting the table for breakfast.
>
> "Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
> born last night."

charlotte's web

> 2. Name the book:
>
> Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
> Edmund and Lucy.

the chronicles of narnia

> 3. Name the *series*:
>
> Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
>
> If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
> my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
> lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
> lead a normal life.

percy jackson

> 4. Name the *series*:
>
> If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
> would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
> not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
> and very few happy things in the middle.

a series of unfortunate events

> 5. Name the *series*:
>
> When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
> stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
> rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
> dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
> This is the day of the reaping.

the hunger games

> 6. Name the book:
>
> These two very old people are the father and mother of
> Mr. Bucket.

charlie and the chocolate factory

> 7. Name the picture book:
>
> In the great green room
> There was a telephone
> And a red balloon
> And a picture of...

good night moon

> 8. Name the picture book:
>
> The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
> kind or another...

where the wild things are

> 9. Name the picture book:
>
> In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

the very hungry caterpillar

> 10. Name the picture book:
>
> In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
> Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

madeline

> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf
>
> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

grand slam

> 2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?

tiger woods

> 3. Who won the 2023 Canadian Open?

nick taylor

> 4. Five tournaments count as majors in women's golf. Two are the
> British and US opens. Name *any one* of the other three.

women's pga championship

> 5. Which Canadian golfer, man or woman, has won the most
> tournaments?

brooke henderson

> 6. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous question: Orsber Oebbxr Uraqrefba, jub jnf gur lbhatrfg
> Pnanqvna gb jva n tbys znwbe?

mike weir?

> 7. Who was the last Canadian man to win a golf major?

mike weir?

> 8. Who won the Womens' US Open in 2023 at Pebble Beach?

paige spiranac

> 9. According to the rules of golf, what is the maximum number
> of clubs you can carry with you? If you carry more than this,
> you risk being disqualified.

14

> 10. In 2028, new rules for golf balls will come into force.
> What is the reason for the change manufacturers will have
> to make?

to reduce the impact pros hitting distances have on golf's long-term
sustainability. although I don't see the point, you drive for show and putt
for dough.

swp

Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<v07d00$9vi$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6185&group=rec.games.trivia#6185

From: tool@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 04:21:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 04:21 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature

> 1. Name the book:

> "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
> as they were setting the table for breakfast.

> "Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
> born last night."

Charlotte's Web

> 2. Name the book:

> Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
> Edmund and Lucy.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

> 3. Name the *series*:

> Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

> If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
> my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
> lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
> lead a normal life.

Percy Jackson

> 4. Name the *series*:

> If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
> would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
> not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
> and very few happy things in the middle.

A Series of Unfortunate Events

> 5. Name the *series*:

> When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
> stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
> rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
> dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
> This is the day of the reaping.

The Hunger Games

> 6. Name the book:

> These two very old people are the father and mother of
> Mr. Bucket.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

> 7. Name the picture book:

> In the great green room
> There was a telephone
> And a red balloon
> And a picture of...

Goodnight Moon

> 8. Name the picture book:

> The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
> kind or another...

Where the Wild Things Are

> 10. Name the picture book:

> In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
> Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

Madeline

> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf

> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

grand slam

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<XnsB15DD31E9EF2AYazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6186&group=rec.games.trivia#6186

From: esquel@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:45:13 +0200
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 18:45 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf
>
> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

Grand slam
> 2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?

Tiger Whatshisname
> 9. According to the rules of golf, what is the maximum number
> of clubs you can carry with you? If you carry more than this,
> you risk being disqualified.

Eight
> 10. In 2028, new rules for golf balls will come into force.
> What is the reason for the change manufacturers will have
> to make?

Less environmental impact

Re: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6: KidLit and golf

<v0c1g1$2ioo2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6187&group=rec.games.trivia#6187

From: gromit82@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:35:42 -0500
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:35 UTC

On 4/21/2024 5:59 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature
>
> Name the following works (book or series, as indicated) based on
> the opening lines. Some are picture books; you will be told if
> this is the case.
>
> 1. Name the book:
>
> "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
> as they were setting the table for breakfast.
>
> "Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
> born last night."

"Charlotte's Web"

> 2. Name the book:
>
> Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
> Edmund and Lucy.

"The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"

> 3. Name the *series*:
>
> Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
>
> If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
> my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
> lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
> lead a normal life.

"The Lightning Thief"

> 4. Name the *series*:
>
> If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
> would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
> not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
> and very few happy things in the middle.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events"

> 5. Name the *series*:
>
> When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
> stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
> rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
> dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
> This is the day of the reaping.

"The Hunger Games"

> 6. Name the book:
>
> These two very old people are the father and mother of
> Mr. Bucket.

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

> 7. Name the picture book:
>
> In the great green room
> There was a telephone
> And a red balloon
> And a picture of...

"Goodnight Moon"

> 8. Name the picture book:
>
> The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
> kind or another...

"Where the Wild Things Are"

> 10. Name the picture book:
>
> In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
> Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

"Madeline"

> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf
>
> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

the Grand Slam

> 2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?

Tiger Woods (?)
(I assume this question is meant career-wise, as nobody has ever won the
modern Grand Slam of men's professional golf in the same year)

> 4. Five tournaments count as majors in women's golf. Two are the
> British and US opens. Name *any one* of the other three.

Nabisco Championship

> 9. According to the rules of golf, what is the maximum number
> of clubs you can carry with you? If you carry more than this,
> you risk being disqualified.

12; 13

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6 answers: KidLit and golf

<0YKcnYK1Lb9gVrf7nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6188&group=rec.games.trivia#6188

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: QFTCIMM24 Game 6, Rounds 4,6 answers: KidLit and golf
From: msb@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:32:45 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:32 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2024-03-11,
> please see my 2023-05-24 companion posting on "Questions from the
> Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

Sorry, I'm a bit late scoring this one.

> * Game 6, Round 4 - Literature - Children's Literature

> Name the following works (book or series, as indicated) based on
> the opening lines. Some are picture books; you will be told if
> this is the case.

> 1. Name the book:

> "Where's Papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother
> as they were setting the table for breakfast.

> "Out to the hoghouse", replied Mrs. Arable. "Some pigs were
> born last night."

"Charlotte's Web" (by E.B. White). 4 for Stephen, Dan Blum,
and Joshua.

> 2. Name the book:

> Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan,
> Edmund and Lucy.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" (by C.S. Lewis). 4 for Pete,
Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> 3. Name the *series*:

> Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

> If you're reading this because you think you might be one,
> my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever
> lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to
> lead a normal life.

Percy Jackson (by Rick Riordan). 4 for Stephen and Dan Blum.

> 4. Name the *series*:

> If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you
> would be better off reading some other book. In this book,
> not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning
> and very few happy things in the middle.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events" (by Lemony Snicket). 4 for Pete,
Stephen, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> 5. Name the *series*:

> When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers
> stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the
> rough canvas cover of the mattress. She must have had bad
> dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course, she did.
> This is the day of the reaping.

"The Hunger Games" (by Suzanne Collins). 4 for Stephen, Dan Blum,
and Joshua.

> 6. Name the book:

> These two very old people are the father and mother of
> Mr. Bucket.

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (by Roald Dahl). 4 for Pete,
Stephen, Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> 7. Name the picture book:

> In the great green room
> There was a telephone
> And a red balloon
> And a picture of...

"Goodnight Moon" (by Margaret Wise Brown). 4 for Pete, Stephen,
Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> 8. Name the picture book:

> The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one
> kind or another...

"Where the Wild Things Are" (by Maurice Sendak). 4 for Pete, Stephen,
Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> 9. Name the picture book:

> In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" (by Eric Carle). 4 for Stephen.
3 for Pete.

> 10. Name the picture book:

> In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines...
> Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.

"Madeline" (by Ludwig Bemelmans). 4 for Pete, Dan Tilque, Stephen,
Dan Blum, and Joshua.

> * Game 6, Round 6 - Sports - Golf

This was the hardest round in the original game, and the
fourth-hardest of the entire season.

> 1. The US Open, the British Open, the PGA championship, and the
> Masters. If you win all four of these, you have achieved what?
> Hint: the term originated in the game of bridge.

Grand Slam. 4 for everyone -- Pete, Dan Tilque, Stephen, Dan Blum,
Erland, and Joshua.

> 2. Name the last golfer to accomplish a <answer 1>?

Tiger Woods. 4 for Stephen and Joshua.

> 3. Who won the 2023 Canadian Open?

Nick Taylor. 4 for Stephen.

> 4. Five tournaments count as majors in women's golf. Two are the
> British and US opens. Name *any one* of the other three.

Evian Championship, LPGA, Chevron. 4 for Pete.

> 5. Which Canadian golfer, man or woman, has won the most
> tournaments?

Brooke Henderson. 4 for Stephen.

> 6. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous question: Before Brooke Henderson, who was the youngest
> Canadian to win a golf major?

Sandra Post. (At age 20.)

> 7. Who was the last Canadian man to win a golf major?

Mike Weir. 4 for Stephen.

> 8. Who won the Womens' US open in 2023 at Pebble Beach?

Allisen Corpuz.

> 9. According to the rules of golf, what is the maximum number
> of clubs you can carry with you? If you carry more than this,
> you risk being disqualified.

14. 4 for Pete and Stephen.

> 10. In 2028, new rules for golf balls will come into force.
> What is the reason for the change manufacturers will have
> to make?

Balls are currently being hit too far for existing courses.
4 for Stephen.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 6 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Can Lit Spo
Joshua Kreitzer 40 8 32 8 88
Stephen Perry -- -- 36 28 64
Dan Blum -- -- 36 4 40
Pete Gayde -- -- 27 12 39
Dan Tilque 0 16 8 4 28
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 0 4 4

--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Let us knot coin gnu werds huitch
msb@vex.net are spelld rong." -- Rik Fischer Smoody