From: jrr@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Subject: Re: so why does.....
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:03:51 -0700
 by: John Robertson - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 00:03 UTC

On 2023/09/21 11:30 a.m., diana anderson wrote:
> pin side forum never gets any shit spam like this ng does whatever they do they do it right no bullshit druggies/African Craparotta seller all the shit they post here is unbelievable. I like this newsgroup, but these shits got to stop.

Perhaps someone doesn't like competition?

I dunno where it all comes from - I post and follow perhaps ten
newsgroups and this is the only one that gets inundated with spam. None
of the others see any...

If there are no posts on RGP the spam tapers off after a day or two, but
get a few posts here and it comes back.

I'm in the habit now of tagging them as spam or illicit material on
google groups for all the good that does! The birds are new...

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball

John :-#(#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Re: so why does.....

<ueisbm$3qn78$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6426&group=rec.games.pinball#6426

From: hidefromu@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:58:10 -0600
 by: Idlehands - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:58 UTC

On 2023-09-21 6:03 p.m., John Robertson wrote:
> On 2023/09/21 11:30 a.m., diana anderson wrote:
>> pin side forum never gets any shit spam like this ng does whatever
>> they do they do it right no bullshit druggies/African Craparotta
>> seller all the shit they post here is unbelievable. I like this
>> newsgroup, but these shits got to stop.
>
> Perhaps someone doesn't like competition?
>
> I dunno where it all comes from - I post and follow perhaps ten
> newsgroups and this is the only one that gets inundated with spam. None
> of the others see any...
>
> If there are no posts on RGP the spam tapers off after a day or two, but
> get a few posts here and it comes back.
>
> I'm in the habit now of tagging them as spam or illicit material on
> google groups for all the good that does! The birds are new...
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball
>
> John :-#(#

My theory is that as groups go dormant the spammers moved in, I am
seeing it in another group.

Making liberal use of a kill file does wonders.

--
"He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his
reason is weak." Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

Re: so why does.....

<YGhPM.170500$%uv8.14004@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6427&group=rec.games.pinball#6427

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:39:52 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:39 UTC

John Robertson <jrr@flippers.com> writes:
>On 2023/09/21 11:30 a.m., diana anderson wrote:
>> pin side forum never gets any shit spam like this ng does whatever they do they do it right no bullshit druggies/African Craparotta seller all the shit they post here is unbelievable. I like this newsgroup, but these shits got to stop.
>
>Perhaps someone doesn't like competition?
>
>I dunno where it all comes from - I post and follow perhaps ten
>newsgroups and this is the only one that gets inundated with spam. None
>of the others see any...

It all comes from google groups. Filter that, and no spam.

comp.lang.c has also been recently subjected to the same spam.