Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 12:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Problem with CFTBL - both flippers lock on mid-game
From: ronkral@gmail.com (Ron Kral)
 by: Ron Kral - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 19:58 UTC

So, I shopped a friend's Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Got it working and played a couple of games, the worked on the shop job.
Had it on for several hours replacing incandescent with LEDs.
Went to play a game and the flippers were firing randomly on their own.
Both at the same time. During the next game, the flippers locked on
mid-game. Had to turn it off to prevent the coils from frying.

In any case, I've seen one flipper lock on, but never both simultaneously.
I of course suspect the Fliptronics board, but I'm not sure. I hate to
shotgun a fix (new board) without knowing it will work.

Anybody seen this before? Your experience on what could be causing it
and what you did to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Ron Kral

Re: Problem with CFTBL - both flippers lock on mid-game

<DWd%M.217027$rbid.141955@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6455&group=rec.games.pinball#6455

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: Tony@TheDeliKing.ca (Tony)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 16:12:19 -0400
 by: Tony - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 20:12 UTC

Ron Kral wrote:
> So, I shopped a friend's Creature from the Black Lagoon.
> Got it working and played a couple of games, the worked on the shop job.
> Had it on for several hours replacing incandescent with LEDs.
> Went to play a game and the flippers were firing randomly on their own.
> Both at the same time. During the next game, the flippers locked on
> mid-game. Had to turn it off to prevent the coils from frying.
>
> In any case, I've seen one flipper lock on, but never both simultaneously.
> I of course suspect the Fliptronics board, but I'm not sure. I hate to
> shotgun a fix (new board) without knowing it will work.
>
> Anybody seen this before? Your experience on what could be causing it
> and what you did to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help...
>
> Ron Kral

I've fixed that problem on many pinball machines by giving the machine a
spinning superkick. The trick is to loosen things up on the machine.
Like I've said in the past I'm Tommy Tutalidge and I've busted more
flippers than anyone else alive or dead so I know all about busted
flippers. You have to slam the middle of the bottom of the coin door
really hard and that fixes it.