Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life. -- Dave Butler

interests / alt.food.wine / TN: St Julien, Santorini, Pfalz

SubjectAuthor
* TN: St Julien, Santorini, Pfalzdalewilli...@gmail.com
`- TN: St Julien, Santorini, PfalzGraham

1
TN: St Julien, Santorini, Pfalz

<38efb2a7-f67c-4cac-80cf-26ddeb444cf7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=648&group=alt.food.wine#648

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:57:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: St Julien, Santorini, Pfalz
From: dalewilliamsmidrun@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 21:57 UTC

Somehow when I was doing notes last week I apparently cut (and then neglected to paste) a note on the other Bordeaux we had at our lamb dinner, the 2002 Ch. Lagrange. So I don’t have my notes from that night, but I remember (a) oak was still a tad unintegrated (b) it was a little fruitier/rounder than I expected for 2002, and ( c) I liked but didn’t love it..

Wednesday was grey sole, broccoli rabe, potatoes, and the 2022 Hatzidakis Familia Assyrtiko (Santorini). Green apple, citrus, bright, a little wet rock. Good, but not a particular deal at $30+. B

Thursday chicken tonkatsu style with chicory slaw, rice with furikake, and the 2014 Rings
Saumagen Riesling GG. Solid acid core, Granny smith, lemon, and ginger, fairly powerful, but straightforward. B/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN: St Julien, Santorini, Pfalz

<oOohN.14107$taff.13739@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=649&group=alt.food.wine#649

Subject: Re: TN: St Julien, Santorini, Pfalz
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
From: g.stereo@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:17:40 -0700
 by: Graham - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 23:17 UTC

On 2023-12-22 2:57 p.m., dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Somehow when I was doing notes last week I apparently cut (and then neglected to paste) a note on the other Bordeaux we had at our lamb dinner, the 2002 Ch. Lagrange. So I don’t have my notes from that night, but I remember (a) oak was still a tad unintegrated (b) it was a little fruitier/rounder than I expected for 2002, and ( c) I liked but didn’t love it.

Three or four years ago I gave my last bottle of 2002 Lagrange to a
friend who opened it
when I visited him the following year. I think you would have given it
an A-/A.