From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.hindu, uk.religion.hindu, soc.culture.indian, alt.religion.vaisnava, alt.yoga, alt.health.ayurveda
Subject: Navarati
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 00:26:45 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 02:56 UTC

We are now in the Hindu festival of Navarati (also spelled Navrati)
which celebrates Durga and her victory over various demons.

My latest attempt to instigate a global new age is described on
the thread “fat-D-moon onset” on alt.religion.druid , and
my top deity is Goddess, the ruler of the region all/everything.

"But you come around in your time; Speaking of fabulous places,
create an oasis; Dries up as soon as you're gone; You leave me
here burning in this desert without you" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Navarati

<0001HW.2AE7779E005ADE5D700008EA738F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6652&group=soc.culture.indian#6652

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.hindu, uk.religion.hindu, soc.culture.indian, alt.religion.vaisnava, alt.yoga, alt.health.ayurveda
Subject: Re: Navarati
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 01:25:10 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 03:55 UTC

On Oct 23, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AE6186D000DDC6170000E45F38F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> We are now in the Hindu festival of Navarati (also spelled Navrati)
> which celebrates Durga and her victory over various demons.
>
> My latest attempt to instigate a global new age is described on
> the thread “fat-D-moon onset” on alt.religion.druid , and
> my top deity is Goddess, the ruler of the region all/everything.

October 24, 2023 is Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra,
Dasara or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
at the end of Navaratri. It is observed on the tenth day of the
month of Ashvin, the seventh in the Hindu Luni-Solar Calendar.
(from Wikipedia)

It is also United Nations Day.

"But you come around in your time; Speaking of fabulous places,
create an oasis; Dries up as soon as you're gone; You leave me
here burning in this desert without you" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Navarati

<0001HW.2AE7880C005DE52D700008EA738F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=6653&group=soc.culture.indian#6653

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.hindu, uk.religion.hindu, soc.culture.indian, alt.religion.vaisnava, alt.yoga, alt.health.ayurveda
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 02:35:16 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 05:05 UTC

On Oct 24, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AE7779E005ADE5D700008EA738F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Oct 23, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AE6186D000DDC6170000E45F38F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > We are now in the Hindu festival of Navarati (also spelled Navrati)
> > which celebrates Durga and her victory over various demons.
> >
> > My latest attempt to instigate a global new age is described on
> > the thread “fat-D-moon onset” on alt.religion.druid , and
> > my top deity is Goddess, the ruler of the region all/everything.
>
> October 24, 2023 is Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra,
> Dasara or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
> at the end of Navaratri. It is observed on the tenth day of the
> month of Ashvin, the seventh in the Hindu Luni-Solar Calendar.
> (from Wikipedia)
>
> It is also United Nations Day.

I think it is also about the same phase as Yom Kippur,
the Jewish Day of Atonement, though not the same
lunar month.