Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 03:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Family of Tilney of Boston
From: stuart.tilney@gmail.com (Stuart Tilney)
 by: Stuart Tilney - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 10:31 UTC

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Family of Tilney of Boston

<278985d5-a688-44d3-90de-e9b9931a375cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=7770&group=soc.genealogy.medieval#7770

Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: wjhonson.2014@gmail.com (Will Johnson)
 by: Will Johnson - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 23:40 UTC

This may have occurred in the archives already but it bears repeating that Margery Rochford who married Frederick /Tilney/ of Boston, co Linc; Knt, was herself the Co-heiress of her father; "30 years" old 1422

http://books.google.com/books?id=HS8EAAAAIAAJ&ots=vMXZmoyIHL&dq=frederick%20tilney%20margaret%20rochford&pg=PA288#v=onepage&q=tilney&f=false

IPM of Alice Dorlaston, Staffordhsire Writ 12 October 1422:

"The kin and heirs of Roger Hillary, knight, are Elizabeth Lady de Clynton, daughter of Elizabeth, one of his daughters and heirs; Margery who was the wife of Fraticius Tylney and one of the daughters and heirs of John Rocheford, knight, son of Joan the other daughter and heir of Roger Hillary; Elizabeth Gibthorp, daughter of John son of Alice second daughter and heir of John Rocheford; and Margaret Roos, daughter of Joan, third daughter and heir of John Rocheford. Elizabeth Lady Clinton is aged 60 years, Margery 30 years, Elizabeth 1 1/2 years and Margaret 6 years."