Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 16:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: De La Chaumbre als Chambers of Sterling Scotland, Newcastle Upon
Tyne, Calcutta, and Covent Gardens, St. Pancras London
From: gorriebetty@gmail.com (Betty Gorrie)
 by: Betty Gorrie - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:05 UTC

I have been working this file for about 6 years. It has been a fascinating journey. Beyond my great grandmother, there were so many possibilities of registers, that the only way to be absolutely sure I was going the wrong way, was to tree all 250 DNA connections with Chambers. I had lots of women Chambers in Northern Ireland, but no parents. I had lots of Chambers in the USA but they seemed to be in two lines, one early, and one later in Virginia and Pennsylvania. The ones that sealed the deal went back to Barbados, India, Newcastle and London. I thought for sure, no this isn't right. But I found the family that satisfies all of these, and I found a tree The History of Northumberland, Volume 7 at 408-409. So I am very happy with the moving forward, but I have backwards always.

The Gatehead and Newcastle upon Tyne Municipal Registers show John Chambers who was Mayor in the 1300's. And this family had a Robert Mayor in the 1500's. Now what I would love to do is fill in the blanks from those Chambers who came with Eleanor de Provence over to England, and then spread their wings. Even to fill in from 1300 to 1555 would be lovely. Does anybody else out there have some time to spend on a riddle?

Betty