Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 19:39:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: royal American presidents
From: lesliemahler1@gmail.com (Leslie Mahler)
 by: Leslie Mahler - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 02:39 UTC

On Saturday, February 3, 2001 at 6:40:44 PM UTC-8, lostc...@my-deja..com wrote:
> In article <3a7b8...@binarykiller.newsfeeds.com>,
> "D. Spencer Hines" <D._Spence...@aya.yale.edu> wrote:
> > What is this descent from James IV of Scotland that you mention?
> >
> > Who is the Gateway Ancestor of Royal Decent [GARD] to America?
> > --
> >
> > D. Spencer Hines
> Mr. Hines and Mr. Pas,
> >
> I would be delighted to share this descent with you. Forgive me if I
> am not adept at formats used by professional genealogists, as I am not
> one.
> I am the daughter of Elizabeth Clare Webb.
> She is the daughter of Sidney V. Webb and Claire Newman.
> Sidney was the son of William Locock Webb and Christine Fischer
> Christine was the daughter of George Fischer and Christian Martin
> Christian was the daughter of Robert Martin and Philippina Bodecker

Robert Martin & Philippina Bodecker were married 24 Sept. 1817 at Saltza, Sachsen, Germany.
The marriage record can be seen here, in the upper left corner:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSDW-KS4H-W?cc=3015626&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQPJN-N9ZF

Robert is described as being age 31 (born about 1786), son of John Martin & Christian Compbell
(not MacPherson) of Argyllshire, Scotland.

The baptism for Robert, son of John Martin & Christian Campbell was recorded on
20 July 1786 at Kilmorich, Argyllshire, Scotland:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XYZT-B9P

What is the evidence that Christian Campbell was from the family that lived at Glenfalloch?

Leslie