Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 14:26:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Medieval French Lineage
From: jeanmarat222@gmail.com (Jérémie de Brossoit)
 by: Jérémie de Brossoi - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 22:26 UTC

Le jeudi 3 avril 1997 à 03:00:00 UTC-5, Teddy Bear a écrit :
> Ancient French Families
> The Families Poitiers du Buisson, Belleau, Lefebvre-Angers and many
> others were tied closely to the royal families of France. Many of them
> are my distant ancestors and I am trying to learn more about them.
> Simon Lefebvre Angers De Plainval
> Simon Lefebvre and his wife, Marie Cousturier were married about 1630
> and both were possibly born around the turn of the century. They lived
> in the parish of St. Eloy located in Noyon, Picardie. France.
> Their son, known as Simon Lefebvre Angers De Plainval, was born in 1642
> and his place of birth is given in records as: Tracy le Val, France.
> I know who he married and other items, but I am wondering if any
> researcher knows any more about him as an individual person. Why was he
> called “Angers De Plainval? Was his family well known in the France of
> this time period?
> Poitiers Du Buisson
> I am trying to find out more about this family which was a part of
> French history of the 15th and 16th centuries.
> My genealogy includes a Pierre Charles De Poitiers Du Buisson who was
> possibly born about the turn of the century (1600). His title was Sieur
> Du Buisson and it is said he came from Sevestre, Amiens, Picardie,
> France.
> Pierre was married to Dame Helene De Belleau who came from an ancient
> French lineage. One of their daughters, Marie Charlotte, born in 1641,
> was married at Quebec, Canada on 11 Jan 1667 to Simon Lefebvre Angers De
> Plainval.
> Was the family of Poitiers Du Buisson an old family line? Or were they
> relatively new in title and influence? Who was this Pierre Charles who
> went to Canada? Does anyone know anything about him or his background?
> Family: “De Belleau”
> With my limited knowledge of French history I’m asking for help
> concerning this family. The earliest individual I have in my records is
> Louis De Belleau who I estimate was born about 1535 and who married
> around 1560 to Jeanne Dupuis.
> Their son, Jacques de Belleau,Sieur de la Garde, possibly born circa
> 1562 was married in 1583 to Francoise Charlet. Jacques De Belleau had
> the title Sieur De La Garde which can have a literal meaning that he was
> the head of the guard or police.
> I wonder how accurate the date of his marriage is, however, as their son
> Antoine De Belleau is recorded as having been married on 21 Dec 1600.
> Even if he had been born the same year his parents were married, he
> would have been only 17 years old at the time of his own marriage. It is
> not impossible, but a little unusual (?).
> In any case, Antoine married Catherine De Vual Pergue which is another
> family line I know nothing at all about. Antoine died on 19 Mar 1641 and
> was buried at St. Andres Des Arts in Paris, France.
> Antoine and Catherine’s daughter, Dame Helene de Belleau was married to
> Pierre-Charles de Poitiers du Buisson (Sieur du Buisson) who came from
> [...]
Catherine de Valpergue (Or Vualpergue) is certainly linked to the Valpergue family, who possessed the Château of Suzanne, next to Montdidier, the city of her wedding with Antoine de Belleau. The Valpergue (Originally Valperga) are a Piemontese noble Family, settled in France, in multiple regions. However, i can't find her parents. However, her name, and the fact that she was the spouse of a noble (Antoine de Belleau) is a big clue about her origin, and her certain link to the Valperga family.