Newsgroups: soc.genealogy.medieval
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 08:55:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Maria de Salinas, Baroness Willoughby de Eresby
From: maxdesmond@gmail.com (Maxime Desmond)
 by: Maxime Desmond - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 16:55 UTC

El sábado, 2 de mayo de 2020 a las 8:47:04 UTC+2, blancas...@gmail.com escribió:
> Dear History Writer, Regarding Martín de Salinas, you can find the 333 scanned document that contains his geneology, last will and testament and final resolution of the legal issue that lasted 53 years, in a lawsuit he and his cousin filed against false accusations made by Juan Salvatierra of lacking purity of blood. Martin Sánchez de Salinas was the Treasurer of the Catholic Spanish Royals, and his son Martin de Salinas worked for Emperor Charles V. After a Long research, I can tell you María de Salinas is the daughter of Juan de Salinas, Martín de Salinas' brother. After Juan passed away, Martín de Salinas raised his niece Maria and nephew Gregorio. I am seaeching for a copy of her marriage certificate, Maria's mother has been said to has been Josefa González de Salas. Martín de Salinas is my ancestor. Thank you very much for the information you shared. Please let me know your comments. Best Regards. Blanca Salinas González Enjoy this treasure in Olde Spanish and some transcriptions in Latin: https://bvpb.mcu.es/es/consulta/registro.do?id=405146

Dear all, Very interesting information.
I read that Juan de Salinas, Maria's father, was Mayorzago of the Salinas de Rosio family, that originally got its name from the salt mines of Salinas de Rosio in the Burgos Province.
My ancestors include members of this family that resided around Salinas de Rosio until the 18th century before emigrating to Peru in the late 18th century.
Does anyone have information about this link with the Salinas de Rosio family?