Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, Bandsaw
From: puckdropper@yahoo.com (Puckdropper)
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2023 07:20:28 GMT
 by: Puckdropper - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 07:20 UTC

StevenWoodward <a68ac0de7e8c8dd1dd60c81ba4638486@example.com> wrote in

> There are many ways of checking that blade is 90 degrees to table.
> Here is my favorite method. It requires no measuring tools, just a
> scrap of wood. Cut the piece of wood in half, then flip one half over
> and butt the cut ends together while pushing the two halves against a
> straight edge such as the fence. If the blade is not at 90 degrees to
> table, the cut ends will not butt together evenly. Demonstrated in
> video.

*snip: Video spam link*

Did you know that you can square your boards by cutting each one into the
same number of pieces as boards you have? So if you have 4 boards, cut
into four pieces each you'll have 16 boards.

Puckdropper