"A car is just a big purse on wheels." -- Johanna Reynolds

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, Bandsaw

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, BandsawLeon

1
Re: Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, Bandsaw

<Nd-cnbIXePfRITn5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8749&group=rec.woodworking#8749

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: Easy Check for Blade at 90 degrees. Table Saw, Miter Saw, Bandsaw
From: lcb11211@swbell.net (Leon)
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 00:41:48 +0000
 by: Leon - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 00:41 UTC

StevenWoodward <a68ac0de7e8c8dd1dd60c81ba4638486@example.com> wrote:
> There are many ways of checking that blade is 90 degrees to table. Here
> is my favorite method. It requires no measuring tools, just a scrap of
> wood. Cut the piece of wood in half, then flip one half over and butt the
> cut ends together while pushing the two halves against a straight edge
> such as the fence. If the blade is not at 90 degrees to table, the cut
> ends will not butt together evenly.
> Demonstrated in video. https://youtu.be/uZu1VPtX8VE

Well now that you shared what you have learned, that is how I do it also,
you should set your equipment up to eliminate this error. Otherwise it’s
is pointless to check for square.

--
Leon