Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 17:29:47 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11211@swbell.net (Leon)
Subject: New Festool Tools!!!!
 by: Leon - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 22:29 UTC

Yes who else would be mentioning this but me?

Coming in September.

A new track saw unlike any other. It has a scoring blade!
I knew this one was coming.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/576735---tsv-60-kebq-f-plus-us

A bench top battery operated table saw.
This one is different too. The table left of the blade slides, so
sliding miter. And digitally controlled blade height and tilt.

https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/577372---csc-sys50ebi-basic-setus

Re: New Festool Tools!!!!

<4o78dilkplgq8kuh091rmijjt1kt700v5c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8792&group=rec.woodworking#8792

From: markrm618@hotmail.com (Markem618)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: New Festool Tools!!!!
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 18:21:29 -0500
 by: Markem618 - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 23:21 UTC

On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 17:29:47 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbell.net> wrote:

>Yes who else would be mentioning this but me?
>
>Coming in September.
>
>A new track saw unlike any other. It has a scoring blade!
>I knew this one was coming.
>
>https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/576735---tsv-60-kebq-f-plus-us
>
>A bench top battery operated table saw.
>This one is different too. The table left of the blade slides, so
>sliding miter. And digitally controlled blade height and tilt.
>
>https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/577372---csc-sys50ebi-basic-setus

They should make a vacum that charges an extra battery for the
tablesaw.

Re: New Festool Tools!!!!

<QM2BM.524277$mPI2.288530@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8794&group=rec.woodworking#8794

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: puckdropper@yahoo.com (Puckdropper)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 10:15:12 GMT
 by: Puckdropper - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 10:15 UTC

Leon <lcb11211@swbell.net> wrote in

> Yes who else would be mentioning this but me?
>
> Coming in September.
>
> A new track saw unlike any other. It has a scoring blade!
> I knew this one was coming.
>
> https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/576735---tsv-60
> -kebq-f-plus-us

Looks like the scoring blade is a circular blade. I kinda expected
something more like a knife blade. Looks like the scoring blade cuts
down into the work while the main blade cuts up. Kinda like an up down
End Mill/Router Bit.
> A bench top battery operated table saw.
> This one is different too. The table left of the blade slides, so
> sliding miter. And digitally controlled blade height and tilt.
>
> https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/577372---csc-sy
> s50ebi-basic-setus

It fits in a Systainer. Kinda neat--how tall is your stack?

It can link to your Smartphone. Usually it's a useless feature, but
where it could *really* be useful is with a stepper controlled rip fence.
Now your cut width is saved, so you can come back and remake a project
days or years later.

(So here's how it works for different widths of saw blades. The fence
will be electrically isolated from the blade, then the fence will "zero"
against the blade by touching it to complete an electrical circuit. That
point where the circuit is made is exactly, precisely, and repeatively
0" away from the blade. This works very well with CNC machines.)

Puckdropper

Re: New Festool Tools!!!!

<z1udnbwyq4hXkEj5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8795&group=rec.woodworking#8795

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 11:18:18 -0500
From: lcb11211@swbell.net (Leon)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
 by: Leon - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 16:18 UTC

On 8/10/2023 5:15 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
> Leon <lcb11211@swbell.net> wrote in
>
>> Yes who else would be mentioning this but me?
>>
>> Coming in September.
>>
>> A new track saw unlike any other. It has a scoring blade!
>> I knew this one was coming.
>>
>> https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/576735---tsv-60
>> -kebq-f-plus-us
>

> Looks like the scoring blade is a circular blade. I kinda expected
> something more like a knife blade. Looks like the scoring blade cuts
> down into the work while the main blade cuts up. Kinda like an up down
> End Mill/Router Bit.

Upper end TS's can be purchased with these scoring blade options. It
does cut down to push the top wood fibers down, rather than up, when it
cuts. I almost pulled the trigger on one 10 years ago but I was looking
for safety and went with the SS.

When I cut expensive plywood against the grain I always raise the blade
about 1/8" and make a pass. Then again with the blade up so that the
gullets clear the top of the panel.

>> A bench top battery operated table saw.
>> This one is different too. The table left of the blade slides, so
>> sliding miter. And digitally controlled blade height and tilt.
>>
>> https://www.festoolusa.com/products/new-tools/new-tools/577372---csc-sy
>> s50ebi-basic-setus
>
> It fits in a Systainer. Kinda neat--how tall is your stack?

It does not. My stack, pretty tall, 2 tall, 1 short, 7 normal.

> It can link to your Smartphone. Usually it's a useless feature, but
> where it could *really* be useful is with a stepper controlled rip fence.
> Now your cut width is saved, so you can come back and remake a project
> days or years later.

LOL. Yeah! I was thinking that the digital input could increase accuracy.

> (So here's how it works for different widths of saw blades. The fence
> will be electrically isolated from the blade, then the fence will "zero"
> against the blade by touching it to complete an electrical circuit. That
> point where the circuit is made is exactly, precisely, and repeatively
> 0" away from the blade. This works very well with CNC machines.)

Already in the making if their second attempt with Kick Starter is
successful. But time is running out.

https://rip-itfence.com/

Shaper Origin started with Kick-starter. I am reluctant. I want to put
my hands on it first. After I put my hands on one 4 years ago I bought
an Origin.

BUT I used a stacked dado set often and on a left tilt saw the rip fence
rail is no longer calibrated correctly. This fence would quickly solve
that problem.