From: 13ad3b482b34020c18e356e95aead0ed@example.com (bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: #63607 Craftsman motor just buzzes
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 21:45:03 +0000
 by: bruce - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:45 UTC

I think your clutch friction material is glazed and not transmitting rotation properly. Try lightly sanding the clutch friction material with a very fine sandpaper just to remove the glaze on the friction material (return material to near original friction coefficient). You don't need to sand much so as not to remove material. This allows the clutch to work properly again, and hopefully, not slip.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/63607-craftsman-motor-just-buzzes-3145553-.htm

Re: #63607 Craftsman motor just buzzes

<udg934$3o4fs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8825&group=rec.woodworking#8825

From: keith_nuttle@yahoo.com (knuttle)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 19:00:50 -0400
 by: knuttle - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 23:00 UTC

On 09/08/2023 5:45 PM, bruce wrote:
> I think your clutch friction material is glazed and not transmitting
> rotation properly.  Try lightly sanding the clutch friction material
> with a very fine sandpaper just to remove the glaze on the friction
> material (return material to near original friction coefficient).  You
> don't need to sand much  so as not to remove material. This allows the
> clutch to work properly again, and hopefully, not slip.

If it is a capacitor start motor, if you clean the contacts in the the
little box at the top of the motor that may correct the problem.
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model/14d7g5r30j-000247/craftsman-63607-power-tool-parts
I think the contact points are items 21 or 22 in that diagrams.
The motor on my table saw start doing that and would not turn over. I
took it to a shop. He disassembled it, showed my what the problem was
cleaned, and blew out the area and it has worked perfectly for the last
14 years