From: DJMCB@att.net (DaveInSoTex)
Subject: Re: Lighten struck pine tree.
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 09:30:48 -0600
 by: DaveInSoTex - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 15:30 UTC

On 12/29/2022 1:45 AM, Unk wrote:
> The strike was only a few inches wide and completely  straight. Could
> this have been a meteor? If it was infact lightening how deep would
> lightening stone be found?

In 1975 I was living in a rent house that had a sizeable
cottonwood tree in the front yard.
I arrived home from work oneday to find three or four elementary
school aged kids in my yard staring at and jabbering about the tree.
When queried one of them excitedly described the lightening that had
struck the tree.
There was a 4 inch wide area of stripped bark that took a turn at
one of the lower limbs whose length it traversed before jumping to the
--
Dave in SoTex