Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: Long ranger 3 220 v
From: puckdropper@yahoo.com (Puckdropper)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:19:47 GMT
 by: Puckdropper - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:19 UTC

kaspar48@msn.com <381783c266100b942c086329dad35573@example.com> wrote in

> i have long ranger that stopped working after 10 yrs . no power when i
> press remote but i can hear a click sound in the box after unplugging
> it and plugging it back. not sure if relays are shot but if ID them
> (help ) my be they can be fixed or replaced ...new LR3 do not have
> same capacity for HP as old ones which were rated at 3 HP max. I was
> using it with a 3.5 motor. thanks for any help .
> https://www.homeownershub.com/img/2wqu
> https://www.homeownershub.com/img/2wqw
> https://www.homeownershub.com/img/2wqy

Have you tried the device directly plugged in?

The relays have a bunch of numbers on them. You're likely interested in
the top number, 832-1A-C for a replacement, but that TV-5 also looks like
it might be important. If that relay model isn't available, you can try
matching pinouts and ratings, but that's much harder.

If a 220V device, try turning the long ranger on and measure between line
1 and ground and line 2 and ground. You should get ~120V on both legs.
If you don't, that would point to where your problem is.

If any of this doesn't make immediate sense, please seek professional
help or replace the device. Electricity can bite and bites hard and has
a unique property that it will still work despite being done wrong--
possibily lethally wrong.

Puckdropper