From: califbill9998remove8@gmail.com (Bill)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: fretwell
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 16:16:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:i98HNHD/GhI1HG1AHIrv2SnvD10=
 by: Bill - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 16:16 UTC

Anybody know how he did in hurricane?

Re: fretwell

<cd55ef1b-9312-40b7-abaa-8d22bc3072acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9314&group=rec.boats#9314

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:14:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: fretwell
From: wayne.beardsley@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:14 UTC

On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 12:16:05 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
> Anybody know how he did in hurricane?

==
Not well. He ended up with about 4 feet of water in his house, maybe a bit more. We know at least 5 or 6 other people in our area of SWFL with similar flooding. My barber got flooded from the top down. The A/C condensing unit blew off the roof of his building and let in an enormous amount of water. We were relatively fortunate, a tad farther up river, a bit more elevation and a new roof last year. Even with that, the water was way over our sea wall and came to within a few feet of the house. The barrier islands of Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva were totally under water with breaking waves in the street. FMB looks like a war zone. The resorts and condos on western Sanibel are still standing but the first two floors are wiped out. South Seas Resort on the north end of Captiva will have to be totally rebuilt for the second time in the last 18 years.

Re: fretwell

<knfffi9dosufilrun2a8o22329tbe50kvh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9315&group=rec.boats#9315

From: jherring@cox.net
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 16:51:56 -0700
 by: jherring@cox.net - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:51 UTC

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:14:12 -0700 (PDT),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 12:16:05?PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
>> Anybody know how he did in hurricane?
>
>===
>
>Not well. He ended up with about 4 feet of water in his house, maybe a bit more. We know at least 5 or 6 other people in our area of SWFL with similar flooding. My barber got flooded from the top down. The A/C condensing unit blew off the roof of his building and let in an enormous amount of water. We were relatively fortunate, a tad farther up river, a bit more elevation and a new roof last year. Even with that, the water was way over our sea wall and came to within a few feet of the house. The barrier islands of Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva were totally under water with breaking waves in the street. FMB looks like a war zone. The resorts and condos on western Sanibel are still standing but the first two floors are wiped out. South Seas Resort on the north end of Captiva will have to be totally rebuilt for the second time in the last 18 years.

Well, I for one don't give a shit. I would if he was a decent person.
He isn't.

Re: fretwell

<ba23giluk0dbub4tnequhv3bg2um1brtpc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9570&group=rec.boats#9570

From: jherring@cox.net (Poco Loc0)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 06:05:40 -0400
 by: Poco Loc0 - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:05 UTC

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:14:12 -0700 (PDT),
"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 12:16:05?PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
>> Anybody know how he did in hurricane?
>
>===
>
>Not well. He ended up with about 4 feet of water in his house, maybe a bit more. We know at least 5 or 6 other people in our area of SWFL with similar flooding. My barber got flooded from the top down. The A/C condensing unit blew off the roof of his building and let in an enormous amount of water. We were relatively fortunate, a tad farther up river, a bit more elevation and a new roof last year. Even with that, the water was way over our sea wall and came to within a few feet of the house. The barrier islands of Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva were totally under water with breaking waves in the street. FMB looks like a war zone. The resorts and condos on western Sanibel are still standing but the first two floors are wiped out. South Seas Resort on the north end of Captiva will have to be totally rebuilt for the second time in the last 18 years.

Glad to hear you survived well!