From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Texas woman charged in former Tarrant County judge's
fentanyl overdose death
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 01:38:18 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:exldmy8PPSLYWU9pMm63xeKISCc=
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 01:38 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian@gmail.com> wrote:

> "GRAPEVINE. Texas - A new law that allows police to charge drug dealers
> with murder if a user dies of overdose is being applied to a woman
> accused of buying drugs from a dealer.
>
> Grapevine police arrested and charged Kami Ludwig this week after her
> boyfriend's November overdose in a Grapevine home. Police say she
> purchased fentanyl-laced pills, Xanax, cocaine and more from dealers in
> Fort Worth and Louisiana.
>
> North Texas attorney and former Tarrant County Judge William Shane Nolen
> died of a fentanyl overdose in November.
>
> Nolen?s girlfriend at the time, 35-year-old Kami Ludwig, now faces a
> murder charge nearly three months after his death.
>
> A new state law went into effect in September, creating a criminal
> offense of murder for manufacturing or supplying fentanyl that results
> in death.
>
> "They found evidence that she sought out the pills," said Amanda McNew
> with the Grapevine Police Department. "She bought them and brought them
> back to the victim. He took them, and he died."
>
> On Nov. 20, 2023, Grapevine police responded to a death investigation at
> a home near Hall-Johnson Road and Pool Road just before 5 a.m.
>
> Police say Ludwig called 911 and claimed she woke up to Nolen lying
> unresponsive next to her and ran to a neighbor?s home.
>
> Nolen?s 9-year-old son was also home at the time. When officers entered,
> they found the 47-year-old dead in his bedroom from a drug overdose."
> [snip]
>
> https://www.fox4news.com/news/kami-ludwig-murder-charge-william-shane-
> nolen-overdose
>
> Those folks are just the tip of the iceberg. The same goes for
> these folks:
>
> "A man used an app on his phone to watch a married couple dying after he
> allegedly poisoned them with opioid painkiller fentanyl, a court has
> heard.
>
> Luke D?Wit, 34, rewrote a will for Stephen and Carol Baxter making
> himself the beneficiary a day after they were discovered slumped in
> armchairs in their conservatory, Chelmsford Crown Court heard.
>
> He denies murdering the couple, who owned a successful bath mat company,
> at their home in Mersea Island, Essex, last Easter.
>
> Tracy Ayling KC, prosecuting, said D?Wit had worked for the couple and
> befriended them, later claiming he was ?like an adopted son to both of
> them? in a police statement.
>
> Jurors were told on Thursday that D?Wit had installed a ?mobile security
> surveillance application? on his phone which allowed him to monitor a
> camera from another device.
>
> Ms Ayling said that police analysis of his phone revealed images of Mr
> and Mrs Baxter ?in their armchairs? on the afternoon of April 7 last
> year, with one timed at 5.14pm. Two days later, their bodies were found
> in the same chairs by their daughter Ellie."
>
> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/fentanyl-murder-trial-luke-
> d-wit-essex-b2496781.html

> [...]

Are you pro or con on the murder charge? FWIW, I don’t see her any more
responsible than gun manufacturers are for gun deaths. I can see her being
charged with abetting, though. She did facilitate but, he took the drugs.
She didn’t force them into him. A typical case of no personal
responsibility for anything these days.

By the way, is this all you have? It’s a pretty short C&P from the king of
C&P.

--
One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Texas woman charged in former Tarrant County judge's fentanyl overdose death

By: Technobarbarian on Thu, 15 Feb 2024

1Technobarbarian