From: address@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Subject: XPsp3 comctl32 v6 - LVGS_HIDDEN and LVGS_COLLAPSED won't work. :-(
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 18:52:42 +0200
 by: R.Wieser - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:52 UTC

Hello all,

I've found that I have a comctl32 v6 DLL on my machine, and found how to
create a 'application manifest' to make my program load it.

THe reason for that is that I have a listview in LVS_REPORT mode in which
would like to be able to create two "view groups" (LVM_ENABLEGROUPVIEW,
LVM_INSERTGROUP) (works) with one of them hidden.

The problem is that I can't seem to get that last part (hiding) to work, no
matter which combination of LVGS_HIDDEN and LVGS_COLLAPSED I'm using.

MSDN doesn't mention anything about them /not/ being available for XPsp3 -
though they seem have to removed pretty-much everything before Vista. :-(

My searching using DDG, Brave and Google doesn't give an actual answer to if
it should work or not. Some results seem to give a strong indication it
should work, others indicate that they could not get it to work themselves
(the two flags are ignored).

Hence my post here : what should I, for XPsp3, do so that I can hide a "view
group" ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser