From: luc@sep.invalid (Luc)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: How do I make panedwindow with invisible borders?
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:36:17 -0300
 by: Luc - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 02:36 UTC

I am struggling hard to get a GUI to look like what I want.

I made a first draft that looks very good. There are five columns
(frames) side by side. Each column has a button at the top and a text
widget right under it. The text boxes are pretty much invisible because
the borders are completely invisible. Everything looks very clean.

Now, that won't do because I need to be able to drag and resize the
columns. So I had to redesign it all with panedwindow. The resizing
works as expected, but now I can't make the borders invisible. I've
been trying all kinds of configuration options with panedwindow and
paneconfigure and can't make the borders disappear completely.

It currently looks like this:
https://0x0.st/HY1z.png

I want it to look more like this:
https://0x0.st/HY1i.png

Do you guys have any idea of what I can do?

Here is some code. Please disregard the w.add proc. It's just syntax
sugar for adding widgets in a quicker and more compact way. I find
that easier to read.

panedwindow $::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane -orient horizontal \
-background #FFFFFF -borderwidth 0 \
-cursor arrow -sashcursor sb_h_double_arrow -sashwidth 1 -showhandle 0 -sashrelief flat -handlepad 1
pack $::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane -fill both -expand 1

array set widths {filename 100 size 100 date 160 permission 120 owner 120}
set ::parent $::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane
foreach columnname $::CustomVars_FileListColumns {
set columnname [string tolower $columnname]
w.add frame [set columnname]frame "wi $widths($columnname) cu arrow fi both ex 1"
w.add button [set columnname]frame.button \
"tx [string totitle $columnname] fo {Arial 12} -bd 0 cu arrow \
bg #FFFFFF fg #BFBFBF highlightthickness 0 fi x ex 0 si top"
w.add text [set columnname]frame.box \
"fo {Arial 16} bg #FFFFFF fg #000000 bd 0 pd {0 0} sp1 1 sp2 1 sp3 1 \
wr none tf 0 es 1 un 0 st normal sg true cu arrow ys p.Utils.filelist.yset \
fi both ex 1 si left"

$::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane add $::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane.[set columnname]frame
$::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane.[set columnname]frame.box configure -relief flat -selectborderwidth 0 -insertborderwidth 0 -highlightthickness 1
$::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane paneconfigure $::Widgets_unipane.singleViewModeFileListPane.[set columnname]frame -stretch first -width $widths($columnname)
} return

--
Luc

Re: How do I make panedwindow with invisible borders?

<20231218135211.114fb9b6@lud1.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=12987&group=comp.lang.tcl#12987

From: luc@sep.invalid (Luc)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 13:52:11 -0300
 by: Luc - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:52 UTC

I have found a solution to my problem with -highlightthickness 0.

It's strange because I had tried that before and it didn't work, but
I probably changed something else between attempts that made a
difference.

Either way, it's solved. Sorry for any trouble.

--
Luc