Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 16:50:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Saving contour preferences that are interchangeable
From: mikecourtney48@yahoo.com (Mike Courtney)
 by: Mike Courtney - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 00:50 UTC

We will be using vendors planning software to define a bunch of contours that get saved to the RT Structure Set. Then on our system, the clinicians want to show those contours and have the means to Show or Hide each of the contours individually. They want to be able to save the state of each contour (Hidden or Shown) and then use those settings when the patient comes back. Any changes to these settings on a treatment day would then override the previous stored settings and get used going forward. They are hoping to do so via DICOM, so not a proprietary method.

I think that should be doable via either the RT Segment Annotation IOD, or maybe with the Structured Display Module. But I am not sure what the best way is to accomplish that these days … especially in terms of interchange with other vendors. Any insights would be appreciated !!

Thanks,
Mike