From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:56:34 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 15:56 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new edition of the
Dogelog player:

- Enhanced library(misc/markup):
The library(misc/markup) has been extended to
include a unified DOM writer abstraction. It can
write to the GUI DOM in the browser, and it is also
possible to write the DOM serialized in XML to a
file. There are a variety of use cases for the
library, e.g. creating static HTML pages.

- New library(misc/vector):
In this library we have brought together everything
related to SVG that was previously scattered in
the libraries library(misc/markup) and library(misc/react).
The new advantages of the extended library (misc/markup)
can also be used here, so the creation of static
SVG pages is now supported.

- New library(util/spin):
The library provides a unified HTTP server
abstraction. There are concrete implementations
for nodeJS using node:http, for PyPy using http_server
and for JDK 21 using Tomcat embedded. Local browser
GET of 50,000 bytes via Prolog atom text lines
enumeration requires approx. 5-10 ms for all Dogelog
Player targets.

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 21.01.2024, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)

<uoqmhs$t68e$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=3001&group=comp.lang.prolog#3001

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:50:54 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 09:50 UTC

We describe the implementation of a dynamical HTML
page in Prolog that displays the moon phase seen from
the northern hemisphere for a given day. The code
demonstrates a HTTP server addition to Dogelog Player,
a Prolog system 100% written in Prolog itself available
for the platforms JavaScript, Python and Java.

We spent one morning to create a dynamical HTML page,
that shows the moon phase of a day via SVG. The coding
is similar to how one is usually dealing with a TTY,
lowering the learning curve. The single Prolog text
can be used to serve the HTML page unchanged via
JavaScript, Python or Java.

See also:

Moon Server with Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1749847817579827503

Moon Server with Dogelog Player
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Quick update. This is fun we switched the implementation
> of library(util/spin) in Dogelog Player for Java from Tomcat 11
> embedded to this thingy here:
>
> Module jdk.httpserver - Package com.sun.net.httpserver
> https://download.java.net/java/early_access/panama/docs/api/jdk.httpserver/com/sun/net/httpserver/package-summary.html
>
> JEP 408: Simple Web Server
> https://openjdk.org/jeps/408
>
> Works fine so far and seems to be an itch speedier. Its
> already available in our current devel version 1.1.6 of
> Dogelog Player for Java via our GIT.
>
> Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 21. Januar 2024 um 16:56:35 UTC+1:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are happy to announce a new edition of the
>> Dogelog player:
>>
>> - Enhanced library(misc/markup):
>> The library(misc/markup) has been extended to
>> include a unified DOM writer abstraction. It can
>> write to the GUI DOM in the browser, and it is also
>> possible to write the DOM serialized in XML to a
>> file. There are a variety of use cases for the
>> library, e.g. creating static HTML pages.
>>
>> - New library(misc/vector):
>> In this library we have brought together everything
>> related to SVG that was previously scattered in
>> the libraries library(misc/markup) and library(misc/react).
>> The new advantages of the extended library (misc/markup)
>> can also be used here, so the creation of static
>> SVG pages is now supported.
>>
>> - New library(util/spin):
>> The library provides a unified HTTP server
>> abstraction. There are concrete implementations
>> for nodeJS using node:http, for PyPy using http_server
>> and for JDK 21 using Tomcat embedded. Local browser
>> GET of 50,000 bytes via Prolog atom text lines
>> enumeration requires approx. 5-10 ms for all Dogelog
>> Player targets.
>>
>> Have Fun!
>> Jan Burse, 21.01.2024, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)

<upigdd$18ave$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=3004&group=comp.lang.prolog#3004

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 11:33:17 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 10:33 UTC

Dogelog Player is a Prolog system that was
conceived to run on coroutine capable targets
if a target can implement the instruction ‘$YIELD’/1.
So far this was realized for JavaScript and Python
including a notion of tasks. We enhanced the
instruction and do now provide async I/O.

We now invoke first a promise factory and then
call the ‘$YIELD’/1 instruction. We might equally
well rename it into a ‘$AWAIT’/1 instruction. We
then use our new library(spin) and demonstrate
running multiple HTTP servers in our single
threaded Dogelog Player.

See also:

Async I/O in Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1753364266017566812

Async I/O in Dogelog Player

Mild Shock schrieb:

> We describe the implementation of a dynamical HTML
> page in Prolog that displays the moon phase seen from
> the northern hemisphere for a given day. The code
> demonstrates a HTTP server addition to Dogelog Player,
> a Prolog system 100% written in Prolog itself available
> for the platforms JavaScript, Python and Java.
>
> We spent one morning to create a dynamical HTML page,
> that shows the moon phase of a day via SVG. The coding
> is similar to how one is usually dealing with a TTY,
> lowering the learning curve. The single Prolog text
> can be used to serve the HTML page unchanged via
> JavaScript, Python or Java.
>
> See also:
>
> Moon Server with Dogelog Player
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1749847817579827503
>
> Moon Server with Dogelog Player
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> Quick update. This is fun we switched the implementation
>> of library(util/spin) in Dogelog Player for Java from Tomcat 11
>> embedded to this thingy here:
>>
>> Module jdk.httpserver - Package com.sun.net.httpserver
>> https://download.java.net/java/early_access/panama/docs/api/jdk.httpserver/com/sun/net/httpserver/package-summary.html
>>

>> JEP 408: Simple Web Server
>> https://openjdk.org/jeps/408
>>
>> Works fine so far and seems to be an itch speedier. Its
>> already available in our current devel version 1.1.6 of
>> Dogelog Player for Java via our GIT.
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 21. Januar 2024 um 16:56:35 UTC+1:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> We are happy to announce a new edition of the
>>> Dogelog player:
>>>
>>> - Enhanced library(misc/markup):
>>> The library(misc/markup) has been extended to
>>> include a unified DOM writer abstraction. It can
>>> write to the GUI DOM in the browser, and it is also
>>> possible to write the DOM serialized in XML to a
>>> file. There are a variety of use cases for the
>>> library, e.g. creating static HTML pages.
>>>
>>> - New library(misc/vector):
>>> In this library we have brought together everything
>>> related to SVG that was previously scattered in
>>> the libraries library(misc/markup) and library(misc/react).
>>> The new advantages of the extended library (misc/markup)
>>> can also be used here, so the creation of static
>>> SVG pages is now supported.
>>>
>>> - New library(util/spin):
>>> The library provides a unified HTTP server
>>> abstraction. There are concrete implementations
>>> for nodeJS using node:http, for PyPy using http_server
>>> and for JDK 21 using Tomcat embedded. Local browser
>>> GET of 50,000 bytes via Prolog atom text lines
>>> enumeration requires approx. 5-10 ms for all Dogelog
>>> Player targets.
>>>
>>> Have Fun!
>>> Jan Burse, 21.01.2024, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)

<uq6nmq$1jfbj$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=3007&group=comp.lang.prolog#3007

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 03:40:24 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 02:40 UTC

We already reported the new capability
that we can read async from streams. We made
this available for the file system reads on
nodeJS. We report here about a further progress
extending the async approach to HTTP fetch in
the browser and on nodeJS.

Multiple downloads make a case for async I/O
since RFC 2616 limits the number of connections.
HTTP/2 allows to send off multiple requests
which async I/O can capitalize. We demonstrate
quasi-parallel execution in Dogelog Player for
both the browser and nodeJS.

See also:

Async HTTP Client for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1756144112946807135

Async HTTP Client for Dogelog Player
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)

<ur2irj$ci33$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=3009&group=comp.lang.prolog#3009

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 17:09:23 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:09 UTC

Dogelog Player is a Prolog system that features a
‘$YIELD’/1 instruction. The instruction was conceived
for single threaded runtimes with an event loop. We
could now demonstrate how to realize it without
an explicit event loop in a multi threaded runtime.

The idea is that threads use a bouncer semaphore
to get a permission to execute and thus become
“coroutines”. Now that we have layed the foundation
we started asyncifying Dogelog Player for Java.
We demonstrate a HTTP server and HTTP client
interaction in the same JVM.

See also:

Surrogate Async/Await with JDK 21
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1759972607355470296

Mild Shock schrieb:

> We already reported the new capability
> that we can read async from streams. We made
> this available for the file system reads on
> nodeJS. We report here about a further progress
> extending the async approach to HTTP fetch in
> the browser and on nodeJS.
>
> Multiple downloads make a case for async I/O
> since RFC 2616 limits the number of connections.
> HTTP/2 allows to send off multiple requests
> which async I/O can capitalize. We demonstrate
> quasi-parallel execution in Dogelog Player for
> both the browser and nodeJS.
>
> See also:
>
> Async HTTP Client for Dogelog Player
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1756144112946807135
>
> Async HTTP Client for Dogelog Player
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.5 (HTTP Server)

<us2ir6$tchi$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=3032&group=comp.lang.prolog#3032

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 20:25:28 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 19:25 UTC

Dogelog Player was born in 2021 after heated internet
discussions. Its a project of an async Prolog system,
that can be used for backend server development or
inside a web browser client. Currently Dogelog Player
is fully open source and gets the most care by
its founding company.

A couple of Prolog systems provide sponsor buttons,
mainly powered by GitHub. On the other hand Crypto
wallets projections indicating exponential growth. We
setup a donation page, based on Solana, which is
deemed highly energy efficient, minimizing its
global carbon footprint.

See also:

Sustainable Appreciation for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1764369222270927180