From: kerry.liles@gmail.com (Kerry Liles)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.apl
Subject: Joey Tuttle R.I.P.
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:31:22 -0500
 by: Kerry Liles - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:31 UTC

I am attaching information I received recently about a distinguished
APLer ... I did not know Joey personally but many of my colleagues did:

Hi to friends and family of Joey Tuttle

I hope this finds you well. But I'm writing with some sad news. On
February 26th, our friend (or family member) Joey passed away peacefully.

On the 20th, Cheri noticed that he wasn't seeming quite right, and with
his history of having to fight infections, she made an appointment with
his doctor. He was found to have pneumonia and was immediately admitted
to Dominican Hospital. At first, things seemed hopeful that he yet again
would fight off a dire infection. But starting Saturday night, his
weakened heart and lungs were giving up on him. His family gathered in
as quickly as they could and they spent Sunday with him expressing their
love and grief. On Monday, he took a quick turn for the worse and passed
in the afternoon.

There is a short memorial service and viewing being held at Pacific
Gardens Memorial Chapel in Santa Cruz California on Saturday March 9,
2024 at 10 am. At a later date, the family is planning to have a larger
Celebration of Life for him where we will be able to share happy
memories of times with Joey.

Currently, we are devastated and grieving. The kind words and
encouragement the family have received are deeply appreciated. Other
condolences can go to Joey's house at 522 Giorgio Way, Aptos, CA
95003-3436.

I regret passing on sad news but in addition to the loss, I personally
feel deep gratitude for the honor of having had a special friendship
with a man of his brilliance and gentleness, unusual qualities to find
in one person.

Warm regards,

Laurie Waldman

Services: