From: kc-usenet@chadwicks.me.uk (Kevin Chadwick)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Was the mandate change a poor decision?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 00:47:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Kevin Chadwick - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 00:47 UTC

https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/260096.260385

This paper completely ignored arguments such as the mandate apparently only
requiring demonstrating an expectation of being more cost effective than
Ada. Replaced by a mandate that is apparently ignored as it is basically
reduced to an aim of being cost effective without competition to Ada which
was designed to be cost effective and so hard to beat.

History seems to have shown that he was completely wrong and in my opinion
the mandate change has inflated costs to tax payers significantly, such as
in the F-35/JSF program.

Do you think that this paper had any influence on making the mandate
impotent?

Am I ignorant of improvements that the mandate change has brought about?

--
Regards, Kc

Re: Was the mandate change a poor decision?

<a276e119-6c18-7a3f-1958-3aa91d3a2598@Insomnia247.NL>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=9513&group=comp.lang.ada#9513

From: Master_Fontaine_is_dishonest@Strand_in_London.Gov.UK (Caileán Nioclás Pól de Ghloucester)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: Was the mandate change a poor decision?
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:56:52 +0200
 by: Caileán Nioclás Pà - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 22:56 UTC

Why did SIGAda and the DC Ada Chapter sponsor and that Association for
Computing Machinery publish that crap that is "The Ada Mandate As A
Threat To National Security"?