From: bnl@nowhere.com (Björn Lundin)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: We are hiring software engineers
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 16:11:31 +0200
 by: Björn Lundin - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:11 UTC

This is not technical, just a note that we are hiring.

We are hiring software engineers to work on our WCS (Warehouse Control
System).
It means communication with automation devices, and make them move
pallets or totes in a way that we and customers are happy with.

We have mostly largish customers, but some less large as well.

It ca 1.2 Mloc of Ada - a mix from Ada83 -> Ada22.

We (can) adapt quite some to customers so usually
* design
* implementation
* testing
* commissioning
* support
is part of the package

Remote is ok, but willingness to travel will then be needed sometimes

The ad is here
<https://careers.consafelogistics.com/jobs/3613985-software-developer-to-the-wcs-team>

To give some insight - the site shown here - the conveyors and Autostore
are controlled by our software. We tell the devices where to pickup and
where to deliver - different protocols. It went live this spring.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oSqx19C4w>

What is an Autostore ?
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHC9ec591lI&t=43s>

What we do? We control devices like the ones in this video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3PkMMN8ns>

--
/Björn