From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Ham it up ye spam slayers of the groupocalypse
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 07:32:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: SugarBug - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 07:32 UTC

Today I had the ability to peruse several newsgroups 99% free of spam, that formerly were mostly spam. My reader synced messages for the past few weeks and behold, I saw a clean feed of my favorite groups.

Thanks to Retro Guy and the other sysops who have been cleaning up the newsgroups. And thanks to those behind the scenes who motivated Google to cap the spam fire hydrant.

--
3883@sugar.bug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Ham it up ye spam slayers of the groupocalypse

<154bfdbec6c04b3cbb8abb978a563b93@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1022&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#1022

From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: Ham it up ye spam slayers of the groupocalypse
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:50:28 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:50 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> Today I had the ability to peruse several newsgroups 99% free of spam, that formerly were mostly spam. My reader synced messages for the past few weeks and behold, I saw a clean feed of my favorite groups.

It's much nicer now!

> Thanks to Retro Guy and the other sysops who have been cleaning up the newsgroups. And thanks to those behind the scenes who motivated Google to cap the spam fire hydrant.

Sometimes I forget I don't need to check on the spam filters five times per day anymore. Once or twice is enough :)

Oh, and welcome! I was starting to wonder where you went :)

--
Retro Guy

Re: Ham it up ye spam slayers of the groupocalypse

<99cda3998a6e0e18c7342a95b96b829f$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1026&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#1026

From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:33:34 +0000
 by: SugarBug - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:33 UTC

On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:50:28 +0000
Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Oh, and welcome! I was starting to wonder where you went :)

Like the Terminator says ...

Lately things have gone like the Allen Saunders saw: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

--
3883@sugar.bug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Ham it up ye spam slayers of the groupocalypse

<4952a7c8b3dd981ca3a0063b65772072@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1028&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#1028

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 00:15:01 +0000
From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 00:15 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:50:28 +0000
> Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

> <snip>

>> Oh, and welcome! I was starting to wonder where you went :)

> Like the Terminator says ...

> Lately things have gone like the Allen Saunders saw: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

Lol, very true.

Anyway, glad to see you around!

--
Retro Guy