"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain." -- G. Fitch

interests / News / Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

SubjectAuthor
* And this is why Twitter is not an option....Guest
+* And this is why Twitter is not an option....AnonUser
|`* And this is why Twitter is not an option....AnonUser
| `* And this is why Twitter is not an option....AnonUser
|  `- And this is why Twitter is not an option....AnonUser
`* And this is why Twitter is not an option....anon
 `* And this is why Twitter is not an option....Guest
  +- And this is why Twitter is not an option....anon
  `* And this is why Twitter is not an option....Anonymous
   `* And this is why Twitter is not an option....AnonUser
    `* And this is why Twitter is not an option....Guest
     `- And this is why Twitter is not an option....anon

1
Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<r2hboh$3vt$1@i2pn2.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=110&group=rocksolid.shared.news#110

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 13:52:07 -0500
 by: Guest - Tue, 18 Feb 2020 18:52 UTC

And the context:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30383-4/fulltext

Posted on def3

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<b1f49497894e82e42eea74490e6da359$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=111&group=rocksolid.shared.news#111

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 03:09:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 19 Feb 2020 03:09 UTC

Guest wrote:

> And the context:

> https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30383-4/fulltext

I saw this on twitter also. Fear of words!

Here is the text from the link above

On Nov 22, 2019, we, a group of more than 60 medical doctors, wrote to the UK Home Secretary to express our serious concerns about the physical and mental health of Julian Assange.1
In our letter,1
we documented a history of denial of access to health care and prolonged psychological torture. It requested that Assange be transferred from Belmarsh prison to a university teaching hospital for medical assessment and treatment. Faced with evidence of untreated and ongoing torture, we also raised the question as to Assange's fitness to participate in US extradition proceedings.
Having received no substantive response from the UK Government, neither to our first letter1
nor to our follow-up letter,2
we wrote to the Australian Government, requesting that it intervene to protect the health of its citizen.3
To date, regrettably, no reply has been forthcoming. Meanwhile, many more doctors from around the world have joined us in our call. Our group currently numbers 117 doctors, representing 18 countries.
The case of Assange, the founder of Wikileaks, is multifaceted. It relates to law, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, journalism, publishing, and politics. It also, however, clearly relates to medicine and public health. The case highlights several concerning aspects that warrant the medical profession's close attention and concerted action.
We were prompted to act following the harrowing eyewitness accounts of former UK diplomat Craig Murray and investigative journalist John Pilger, who described Assange's deteriorated state at a case management hearing on Oct 21, 2019.4
, 5
Assange had appeared at the hearing pale, underweight, aged and limping, and he had visibly struggled to recall basic information, focus his thoughts, and articulate his words. At the end of the hearing, he “told district judge Vanessa Baraitser that he had not understood what had happened in court”.6
We drafted a letter to the UK Home Secretary, which quickly gathered more than 60 signatures from medical doctors from Australia, Austria, Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Sri Lanka, Sweden, the UK, and the USA, concluding: “It is our opinion that Mr Assange requires urgent expert medical assessment of both his physical and psychological state of health. Any medical treatment indicated should be administered in a properly equipped and expertly staffed university teaching hospital (tertiary care). Were such urgent assessment and treatment not to take place, we have real concerns, on the evidence currently available, that Mr Assange could die in prison. The medical situation is thereby urgent. There is no time to lose.”
On May 31, 2019, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, Nils Melzer, reported on his May 9, 2019, visit to Assange in Belmarsh, accompanied by two medical experts: “Mr Assange showed all symptoms typical for prolonged exposure to psychological torture, including extreme stress, chronic anxiety and intense psychological trauma.”7
On Nov 1, 2019, Melzer warned, “Mr. Assange's continued exposure to arbitrariness and abuse may soon end up costing his life”.8
Examples of the mandated communications from the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture to governments are provided in the appendix.
Such warnings and Assange's presentation at the October hearing should not perhaps have come as a surprise. Assange had, after all, prior to his detention in Belmarsh prison in conditions amounting to solitary confinement, spent almost 7 years restricted to a few rooms in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. Here, he had been deprived of fresh air, sunlight, the ability to move and exercise freely, and access to adequate medical care. Indeed, the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention had held the confinement to amount to “arbitrary detention of liberty”.9
The UK Government refused to grant Assange safe passage to a hospital, despite requests from doctors who had been able to visit him in the embassy.10
There was also a climate of fear surrounding the provision of health care in the Embassy. A medical practitioner who visited Assange at the embassy documented what a colleague of Assange reported: “[T]here had been many difficulties in finding medical practitioners who were willing to examine Mr Assange in the Embassy. The reasons given were uncertainty over whether medical insurance would cover the Equadorian Embassy (a foreign jurisdiction); whether the association with Mr Assange could harm their livelihood or draw unwanted attention to them and their families; and discomfort regarding exposing this association when entering the Embassy. One medical practitioner expressed concern to one of the interviewees after the police took notes of his name and the fact that he was visiting Mr Assange. One medical practitioner wrote that he agreed to produce a medical report only on condition that his name not be made available to the wider public, fearing repercussions.”11
Disturbingly, it seems that this environment of insecurity and intimidation, further compromising the medical care available to Assange, was by design. Assange was the subject of a 24/7 covert surveillance operation inside the embassy, as the emergence of secret video and audio recordings has shown.12
He was surveilled in private and with visitors, including family, friends, journalists, lawyers, and doctors. Not only were his rights to privacy, personal life, legal privilege, and freedom of speech violated, but so, too, was his right to doctor–patient confidentiality.
We condemn the torture of Assange. We condemn the denial of his fundamental right to appropriate health care. We condemn the climate of fear surrounding the provision of health care to him. We condemn the violations of his right to doctor–patient confidentiality. Politics cannot be allowed to interfere with the right to health and the practice of medicine. In the experience of the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, the scale of state interference is without precedent: “In 20 years of work with victims of war, violence and political persecution I have never seen a group of democratic states ganging up to deliberately isolate, demonise and abuse a single individual for such a long time and with so little regard for human dignity and the rule of law.”7
, 12
We invite fellow doctors to join us as signatories to our letters to add further voice to our calls. Since doctors first began assessing Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy in 2015, expert medical opinion and doctors' urgent recommendations have been consistently ignored. Even as the world's designated authorities on arbitrary detention, torture, and human rights added their calls to doctors' warnings, governments have sidelined medical authority, medical ethics, and the human right to health. This politicisation of foundational medical principles is of grave concern to us, as it carries implications beyond the case of Assange. Abuse by politically motivated medical neglect sets a dangerous precedent, whereby the medical profession can be manipulated as a political tool, ultimately undermining our profession's impartiality, commitment to health for all, and obligation to do no harm.
Should Assange die in a UK prison, as the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture has warned, he will have effectively been tortured to death. Much of that torture will have taken place in a prison medical ward, on doctors' watch. The medical profession cannot afford to stand silently by, on the wrong side of torture and the wrong side of history, while such a travesty unfolds.
In the interests of defending medical ethics, medical authority, and the human right to health, and taking a stand against torture, together we can challenge and raise awareness of the abuses detailed in our letters. Our appeals are simple: we are calling upon governments to end the torture of Assange and ensure his access to the best available health care before it is too late. Our request to others is this: please join us.
We are members of Doctors for Assange. We declare no competing interests. Signatories of this letter are listed in the appendix.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<bd2947fb0d8bc8b9ed5f76cac21419a6@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=112&group=rocksolid.shared.news#112

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 14:26:30+0000
 by: anon - Wed, 19 Feb 2020 14:26 UTC

on this case, nobody wanted to listen to the hackers (why would we - they are all terrorists), nobody wanted to listen to the journalists (why would we - they expose our crimes), nobody wanted to listen to the lefties (why would we, they are all communist terrorists). Will they listen to the doctors now ? If not, curious what the official reasoning will be...or it is just silently neglected and never even enters into their filterbubble...

Posted on def4

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<r2k8sp$ef2$1@i2pn2.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=113&group=rocksolid.shared.news#113

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:21:38 -0500
 by: Guest - Wed, 19 Feb 2020 21:21 UTC

I'm not on your side as far as Ass(ange). I consider what he published being soft porn... People went to jail to give him the NSA tools and other corrupt hardware, OSes, back-doors etc and he published some white wash names without specifics. Some of the hardware like Kangoroo flash drives I operate for security procedures. Now I have to deal with Shadow Brokers and the lot. I hope they find the best torturers and he never sees the light of day. May he burn in HELL!
Posted on def3

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<70dcf2bdb8e7ffc332c70dfcab971a5a@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=114&group=rocksolid.shared.news#114

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 07:23:43+0000
 by: anon - Thu, 20 Feb 2020 07:23 UTC

> Now I have to deal with Shadow Brokers and the lot. I hope they find the best torturers

you disgust me, walk away from here.

Posted on def4

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<r2lfg4$4if$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=115&group=rocksolid.shared.news#115

From: retrobbs2@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:20:20 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:20 UTC

Quote: Guest wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 21:21
> I'm not on your side as far as Ass(ange). I consider what he published being soft porn... People went to jail to give him the NSA tools and other corrupt hardware, OSes, back-doors etc and he published some white wash names without specifics. Some of the hardware like Kangoroo flash drives I operate for security procedures. Now I have to deal with Shadow Brokers and the lot. I hope they find the best torturers and he never sees the light of day. May he burn in HELL!
> Posted on def3

Like him or not he deserves a proper trial, which he unfortuanately won't get.

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<a99e3aa736bcffb9839766b63d0c4566$1@retrobbs.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=116&group=rocksolid.shared.news#116

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-it8-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 01:25:58 +0000
To: Anonymous
 by: AnonUser - Sat, 22 Feb 2020 01:25 UTC

To: Anonymous
Assange took on our enemy, and many of us are so propagandized that we take the side of our own enemy.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/assanges-persecution-has-exposed-media-depravity-the-world-over-2e5e47a1f0f0

Assange’s Persecution Has Exposed Media Depravity The World Over
Caitlin Johnstone
Caitlin Johnstone
Feb 21 · 6 min read

This is the speech I gave at a demonstration last night in Melbourne for Julian Assange, whose extradition trial begins February 24th.

Julian Assange started a leak outlet on the premise that corrupt and unaccountable power is a problem in our world, and that problem can be fought with the light of truth. Corrupt and unaccountable power responded by detaining, silencing and smearing him. His persecution has proved his own thesis about the world absolutely correct.

Power is the ability to control what happens. Absolute power is controlling what people think about what happens. Humans are story-oriented creatures, so if you can control the stories that the humans are telling each other about what’s going on, you can control those humans.

This is the power of narrative management. This is why governments and billionaires use propaganda, advertising, buy up media conglomerates and fund think tanks, employ public relations and spin doctors, buy up troll armies and bot farms: because they know that those who control the narrative, control the world.

You can do whatever you like, as long as you can control what people think about what you’re doing.

No one understands this better than Julian Assange. He famously said that if wars are started by lies, then they can be stopped by truth. That’s the basis of WikiLeaks. Bringing truth to the public in the most pristine and revolutionary way possible. They made it so people could leak documents to them safely, and then they released them with minimal redactions and editorial. Like many online innovations it cut out the middle man, and the middle man, in this case, are the media spinmeisters who normally present information with an overlay of establishment-friendly narrative.

You know the ones. The ones that are like, “Here’s what I found out, but more importantly, this is what you should think about what I found out”.

It had immediate effects. Global reach, exposing the most corrupt roots of the most powerful people in an environment where the growing alarm at the GFC, climate change and endless war meant that people were hungry for the truth about why these things are still happening despite their unpopularity and despite our every effort to stop them.

The spotlight Assange’s persecution has thrown on the institution of journalism is one of the untold stories, mainly because the villains are the journalists — the people we usually rely on to tell us all the stories. This corruption was unearthed not so much through leaked documents, but through what we have been witnessing as the media-driven public mobbing of Julian Assange the person.

The mainstream media, to this day, lies constantly about Assange. If you pick up any recent story about Assange it will be littered with smears and lies. They’ll say offhand how he colluded with the Russians like that’s true, or that he was ”charged” with rape, or they’ll have a throwaway line about how he smeared poo on the walls of the embassy, or they will say the reason he was granted asylum by Ecuador was to flee rape charges (like that’s a thing).

There are dozens and dozens of lies, and they get repeated as truth throughout any reporting on Assange even after months or years of being debunked. There is a story on The Guardian website right now from November of 2018 that claims that Assange met with Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign chair. Can not have happened. Did not happen. The Ecuadorian embassy was the most surveilled building on planet earth at the time. Every single person who went in or out of there had to jump through many bureaucratic hoops.

No video evidence or any evidence at all was ever found for this claim, and there were plenty of people who wanted to find it. It didn’t happen.

And yet, that story is still on The Guardian website today over a year after it was first published. It still comes up as the number one result on Google when you search assange and manafort. There’ve been no retractions. No apologies.

The Guardian. Not New Idea. Not Hello!. Not News of the World. The Guardian. The bastion of all things worthy and noble.

It has been very revealing.

Assange has only ever been persecuted because he exposed US war crimes. No one has ever gone to jail for those war crimes, but instead of concentrating on that, the press decided to go after Assange.

Let’s be clear: when journalists use their power and privilege to cover up and divert attention from war crimes, they become war criminals themselves.

Journalists today are finally waking up to the fact that the legal precedent the Trump administration is setting by reaching out across the Atlantic, taking an Australian journalist, from an Ecuadorian embassy, in the middle of London, is devastating to journalism all over the world. Not just in the US, not just in the UK, but all over the world. No journalist is safe. Because if they can do that to him, they can do it to anyone.

We also learned that the United States do not consider foreign nationals to have a First Amendment protection, so the US is effectively saying that the long arm of US law can extend to get you anywhere, but they also don’t have to extend its protections.

And journalists are finally realizing that, but still silence is pretty deafening. Australian journalists should be writing furious op-eds vigorously defending Assange and demanding that our politicians act immediately, but at best we are getting tepid, smear-laden, mealy-mouthed wet squibs of copy that try to maintain that they were, of course, correct in the past, but also hit the alarm button.

And it just doesn’t work.

Until journalists admit they were wrong and Assange was right, and the US really did want him in jail for publishing like he said back in 2010, back when they were calling him paranoid, their readers aren’t going to notice that its time to change course. They aren’t going to know to act.

There is a lot of confusion about what to do. Radio host Alan Jones had a very popular Facebook poll going this morning asking whether the Australian government should intervene and bring Assange home. I saw it a few hours ago and it was at 75 percent for “Yes” with thousands of responses already, six days to go, and gathering hundreds of pro-Assange comments. He deleted it. Obviously that was not the response he was planning on.

So there is confusion, and there is silence. But silence is space. A space has opened up before us. In Australia right now, there are two kinds of people: those who think that Assange should be brought home, and those who don’t want to think about it at all. They’ve gone quiet. And we’re so used to being on the defense, we’ve gone quiet too.

A space has opened up.

The narrative is there for the taking.

All we have to do is to stand up as one and take control of this story.

Let our voices ring out.

This man is innocent.

We must bring him home.

Publishing is not a crime!
--
Posted on RetroBBS
retrobbs.i2p

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<r2rpfe$f0q$1@i2pn2.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=117&group=rocksolid.shared.news#117

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 12:47:42 -0500
 by: Guest - Sat, 22 Feb 2020 17:47 UTC

What fair trial? I get attacked every day successfully. I will make an impact statement that the guy promised to published what he got and than changed his mind. Hundreds of hours so far because Assange protected the backdoors of Software and Hardware companies. As I said, I hope he joins Steve The Syrian Jobs, another sell out, in HELL after a long a torturous journey.
Posted on def3

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<a45791469cd891ad3d4a383852bd2f3a@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=118&group=rocksolid.shared.news#118

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 13:02:00+0000
 by: anon - Sun, 23 Feb 2020 13:02 UTC

>the guy promised to published what he got and than changed his >mind. Hundreds of hours so far because Assange protected the >backdoors of Software and Hardware companies.

It was not easy for me to understand why Wikileaks published what and at which time. I wish also that this would happened differently, with a bigger impact and scope.
That being said, one has to consider the circumstances under which these people have worked, and the stuff they have published already made a great impact and will be a source for research for years to come. They exposed some of the gangsters in uniform for what they really are.

> As I said, I hope he joins Steve The Syrian Jobs, another >sell out, in HELL after a long a torturous journey.

Consider what you just typed here. Because you don't like the guy (Julian Assange), and because he has personal shortcomings (from where you stand) you wish him to be tortured ?

Posted on def4

Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<f81370e2e607f4747fd01bb7575965f1$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=119&group=rocksolid.shared.news#119

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 01:08:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 01:08 UTC

Attached is the audio of the phone call I've obtained.

Lawyers for the WikiLeaks founder plan to use newly obtained recordings and screenshots to argue that Assange's prosecution is political in nature.
Julian Assange

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/24/assange-grenell-intelligence-117244

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. | Jack Taylor/Getty Images

By NATASHA BERTRAND

02/24/2020 05:29 PM EST

Facebook
Twitter
Link
More

Attorneys for Julian Assange, who is fighting a U.S. extradition request on espionage and computer hacking charges, plan to introduce evidence in the WikiLeaks founder’s extradition hearing involving President Donald Trump’s new intel chief Richard Grenell.

Gareth Peirce, a lawyer representing Assange in his extradition proceedings in London, plans to argue this week that the process to try to extradite her client was abused from early on. Representatives for Assange’s defense team say they expect to introduce recordings and screenshots of communications of a close Grenell associate, including a secondhand claim that Grenell was acting on the president’s orders.

Grenell’s sudden embroilment in Assange’s extradition fight comes at an inconvenient time, as Democrats and national security veterans criticize him as ill-suited and unqualified to be the acting director of national intelligence. And it threatens to spotlight his close relationship with President Trump, feeding the widespread perception that the president is politicizing intelligence work for partisan ends.

At the heart of the Assange team’s argument is an ABC News report from last April alleging that, while serving as Trump’s ambassador to Germany, Grenell told Assange’s Ecuadorean hosts that the U.S. government would not pursue the death penalty for Assange if Ecuador allowed British officials to enter its embassy in London and arrest him.

Assange’s legal team will claim that Grenell’s role was more extensive than previously known, and that it corrupted the extradition process early on. The suggestion will be that the U.S. was so desperate to get Assange in its custody that American officials, via Grenell, agreed in advance to take a particular sentence off the table before even allowing a trial and sentencing to play out.

The WikiLeaks founder’s attorneys are also expected to present evidence that they believe shows Trump explicitly tasked Grenell with making the offer, thereby politicizing the process. One of Assange’s lawyers, Edward Fitzgerald, hinted at this argument in his opening statement on Monday, when he said that Assange’s prosecution was “not motivated by genuine concerns for criminal justice but politics.”

The evidence submitted this week will include new materials submitted to Assange’s legal team by political activist and journalist Cassandra Fairbanks, a staunch defender of Assange who has worked for the Russian state-run news site Sputnik and the far-right outlet Gateway Pundit. She is expected to be listed as a formal witness in the case.
Richard Grenell

Richard Grenell. | Sean Gallup/Getty Images

Fairbanks recorded two phone calls she had with one of Grenell’s close associates, Arthur Schwartz, and took screenshots of their conversations about Assange and Grenell. She also gave the materials to the nonprofit transparency group Property of the People, which provided them to Politico.

The screenshots and phone calls span from October 2018 to September 2019. In them, Schwartz tells Fairbanks that Grenell was “taking orders from the president” when he got involved in facilitating Assange’s arrest and urges her not to disclose what she’s been told about Grenell’s role in the process.

But Schwartz appeared to grow frustrated and fearful after Fairbanks tweeted, on Sept. 10, 2019, that Grenell “was the one who worked out the deal for Julian Assange’s arrest.”

“I don’t want to go to jail,” Schwartz told Fairbanks in a September 2019 phone call, accusing her of posting “classified information” in the tweet. Fairbanks posted the tweet around the time Grenell’s name was being floated to replace John Bolton as Trump’s national security adviser.

“Please. I’m begging you,” Schwartz says in the recording. “They look at you, they see that we speak, that’s bad.”

Grenell’s entry into the legal fight over Assange highlights the fact that, in since-deleted tweets from 2016, he promoted the WikiLeaks disclosures targeting Democrats; later, in April 2017, then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo labeled the group a "hostile intelligence service" aided by Russia.

And the suggestion that one of Grenell’s close associates who was not in government may have been privy to conversations surrounding a sensitive law enforcement operation will likely raise more questions about his fitness to lead the entire U.S. intelligence community. A spokesperson for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence did not return a request for comment.

It’s not clear whether Schwartz was actually privy to anything classified, or whether Grenell told Schwartz anything about his involvement in Assange’s arrest. “I highly doubt I would tell her anything real, accurate or of any importance,” Schwartz told Politico, adding that Fairbanks is “not someone that I trust.”

“I barely remember that conversation,” Schwartz said. “I remember that she was slinging mud at a friend of mine on social media and I wanted her to stop. Knowing that she’s not too bright and easily manipulated, I threw a bunch of nonsense at her that I thought would get her to stop. And she did stop.” Schwartz also said he did not recall chatting with Fairbanks over Signal, a secure messaging app.

In a written timeline Fairbanks provided to Assange’s legal team that was also obtained by Politico, Fairbanks said Schwartz told her on October 30, 2018—two weeks before prosecutors accidentally revealed in a court filing that DOJ had secretly filed criminal charges against Assange, and nearly six months before Assange was arrested—that the U.S. government would be going into the embassy to arrest him, and implied that Ecuador would allow it to happen.
MOST READ
Pierce Bush

A next-generation Bush runs headlong into Trump's GOP
Trump spars with a familiar foe: CNN's Jim Acosta
Coronavirus triggers swift bipartisan backlash against Trump
Federal judge rebukes Trump over Roger Stone jury comments
Why Sanders might not be a lock for the nomination

That same month, Grenell had secured Ecuador’s cooperation with the arrest, via the pledge for no death penalty—but his role was not revealed publicly until ABC News did so in April 2019.

“I need to let Julian’s lawyers and family know that the president personally ordered an anti WikiLeaks ambassador from a country uninvolved in the case to secure Julian’s arrest,” Fairbanks told Schwartz on October 30, 2018, via the encrypted messaging app Signal, according to screenshots provided to Politico. “It’s clear he’s a political prisoner and his health is deteriorating rapidly. I don’t know if it will matter to them, but it seems important, and they should know.”

Schwartz was not sympathetic, but didn’t dispute her claims as he sought to persuade her not to reveal the impending operation to Assange.

“I wouldn’t get so emotional until you see exactly what that worthless piece of garbage did,” he replied, referring to Assange. “There’s a good reason the death penalty was on the table.”

Fairbanks was incredulous: “Are you sure it’s not just Clinton friends taking some random photos and pinning it on him for revenge or something?”

“Forget about pictures,” Schwartz replied, possibly suggesting that he had access to non-public information. “There were other things that happened because he did what he did that led to horrible suffering and death. I have zero sympathy for him. Doubt you will either when/if it comes out publicly.”

Fairbanks visited Assange on March 27, 2019, roughly 2 weeks before his arrest, and relayed what she’d heard from Schwartz in October, she told Pierce.

On March 29, Schwartz told Fairbanks in another call obtained by Politico that “there’s an investigation now, into people at State” into who leaked Fairbanks the information about the operation. “I’m sorry,” she replied.

Schwartz is well known in Washington as a Trumpworld fixer who often criticizes journalists and other perceived enemies on his Twitter account. According to the New York Times, Schwartz is a “central player” in an effort to “discredit news organizations deemed hostile to President Trump by publicizing damaging information about journalists.”

But last September, he appeared worried about being exposed himself.

“I don’t want to go to jail,” Schwartz told Fairbanks in the September call. Fairbanks denied posting anything classified, telling Schwartz that she had just been referring to the ABC News report, from months earlier, about Grenell’s role in the Assange operation.

Schwartz was not convinced. “Ric’s role is classified,” he said. “You can’t do that … you are posting things that are classified, that no one knows, that has not been reported...I know what’s been reported, I see what you’re tweeting, what you’re tweeting is not what was reported. Someone’s going to go to jail. You need to stop this.”

“Yeah, Julian’s in jail right now, because of this,” replied Fairbanks.

“I don’t want to go to jail,” Schwartz retorted.

“Alright, well, I’ll delete my tweet, only because you’re saying you’ll get in trouble,” Fairbanks replied.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<e342f24ecba92bb15af221bdcbb1b6b7$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=120&group=rocksolid.shared.news#120

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 01:44:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 01:44 UTC
Attachments: Cassandra_Fairbanks_Phone_Call.mp3 (audio/mpeg)

Maybe too big trying again with phone call attached

Attachments: Cassandra_Fairbanks_Phone_Call.mp3 (audio/mpeg)
Re: And this is why Twitter is not an option....

<e3e6ce565406b382b5c3a498d64ce972$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=121&group=rocksolid.shared.news#121

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:00:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:00 UTC

Have more recordings now but too big to post plus they're out now anyway. I'll keep them for when they get pulled from everywhere.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com