"Look! There! Evil!.. pure and simple, total evil from the Eighth Dimension!" -- Buckaroo Banzai

computers / Helpdesk / Could Not Open Font

SubjectAuthor
* Could Not Open FontAnonymous
+* Could Not Open FontAnonymous
|+- Could Not Open FontAnonymous
|`- Could Not Open FontAnonymous
+- Could Not Open FontAnonymous
+- Font pathAnonymous
`* Could Not Open FontAnonymous
 `* Could Not Open Fonttrw
  `- Could Not Open Fonttrw

1
Could Not Open Font

<9dc25e2233c8ae27a8266fe0f8e4b9a8$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=129&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#129

From: Anonymous@novabbs.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Could Not Open Font
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:07:18 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:07 UTC

Hello. I’m in a bit of a pickle right now. I’m currently using an Ubuntu Linux distribution. I’m trying to make a captcha system, but the image keeps on returning blank. I looked into the error logs of my web server, and the error logs say, “PHP message: PHP warning: imagettftext( ): Could not find/open don’t in (not comfortable sharing directory) on line 23”. Here is part of my code:

$dir = ‘Computer/usr/share/fonts/truetype/28DaysLater.ttf’ ;
imagettftext($image, {number}, {number}, {number}, {number}, $color, $dir, $_SESSION[‘captcha_code’]) ;

By the way, the {number} parts are parts that I feel somewhat insecure sharing and are also parts that I think are unimportant. I don’t think that there are any other bits of my code that are important to know, although please let me know if there’s any specific information or code that I can provide you. Anyway, I don’t know why I keep on getting this error and an empty captcha. Can somebody please give me some advice on how to solve this problem, like any downloads to make or any typing mistakes I may have made?
--
Posted on novaBBS
news.novabbs.com

Re: Could Not Open Font

<2257307b0a1ebf048a8f52c9225ab093$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=130&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#130

From: Anonymous@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Could Not Open Font
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:18:45 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:18 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Hello. I’m in a bit of a pickle right now. I’m currently using an Ubuntu Linux distribution. I’m trying to make a captcha system, but the image keeps on returning blank. I looked into the error logs of my web server, and the error logs say, “PHP message: PHP warning: imagettftext( ): Could not find/open don’t in (not comfortable sharing directory) on line 23”. Here is part of my code:

Simple question in case you may be overlooking something obvious. The error says can't find "don't" in a particular directory. Is "don't" really a file name you want? Is the directory it's looking in correct? Does what you want it to find exist in that directory? Does you web server 'user' have read access to that directory?

> $dir = ‘Computer/usr/share/fonts/truetype/28DaysLater.ttf’ ;
> imagettftext($image, {number}, {number}, {number}, {number}, $color, $dir, $_SESSION[‘captcha_code’]) ;

Does $dir need a leading slash '/'?

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: Could Not Open Font

<46349c2498b402b6022f167dc1fa6587$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=131&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#131

From: Anonymous@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:20:48 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:20 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:

>> Hello. I’m in a bit of a pickle right now. I’m currently using an Ubuntu Linux distribution. I’m trying to make a captcha system, but the image keeps on returning blank. I looked into the error logs of my web server, and the error logs say, “PHP message: PHP warning: imagettftext( ): Could not find/open don’t in (not comfortable sharing directory) on line 23”. Here is part of my code:

> Simple question in case you may be overlooking something obvious. The error says can't find "don't" in a particular directory. Is "don't" really a file name you want? Is the directory it's looking in correct? Does what you want it to find exist in that directory? Does you web server 'user' have read access to that directory?

>> $dir = ‘Computer/usr/share/fonts/truetype/28DaysLater.ttf’ ;
>> imagettftext($image, {number}, {number}, {number}, {number}, $color, $dir, $_SESSION[‘captcha_code’]) ;

> Does $dir need a leading slash '/'?

Also, $dir is not a dir, it's a file (28DaysLater.ttf). Is that meant to be the full filename with path, or really a dir?

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: Could Not Open Font

<efca9aca1e07f1d4c20aacc89ee2687f$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=132&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#132

From: Anonymous@novabbs.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 04:52:07 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 19 Dec 2020 04:52 UTC

AH! Sorry. I didn’t actually mean to write “don’t”, but really “font”. Please ignore that clumsy mistake.
--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

Re: Could Not Open Font

<cbd64428bdd051fb392f528f8847f0f2$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=133&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#133

From: Anonymous@rslight.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 05:25:39 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 19 Dec 2020 05:25 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Hello. I’m in a bit of a pickle right now. I’m currently using an Ubuntu Linux distribution. I’m trying to make a captcha system, but the image keeps on returning blank. I looked into the error logs of my web server, and the error logs say, “PHP message: PHP warning: imagettftext( ): Could not find/open don’t in (not comfortable sharing directory) on line 23”. Here is part of my code:

> $dir = ‘Computer/usr/share/fonts/truetype/28DaysLater.ttf’ ;
> imagettftext($image, {number}, {number}, {number}, {number}, $color, $dir, $_SESSION[‘captcha_code’]) ;

Is $dir relative to where you are running the script? Are you sure 28DaysLater.ttf is accessible using the exact path you're passing to $dir?

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Font path

<he.652.btp54@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=134&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#134

From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Font path
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 02:12:37 -0800
logging-data="18840"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 19 Dec 2020 10:12 UTC

Seems like you need to give the path of the font a leading /, like this:
$dir = ‘/Computer/usr/share/fonts/truetype/28DaysLater.ttf’ ;

Look here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10366679/warning-imagettftext-function-imagettftext-could-not-find-open-font-in-ho#10366726
and here:
https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagettftext.php

--
Posted on def2

Re: Could Not Open Font

<02b50a3881ede4ef7eededd8bad8ae3e$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=136&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#136

From: Anonymous@novabbs.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 00:47:00 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 20 Dec 2020 00:47 UTC

Solved! Apparently, I was using the wrong path the entire time...
Thank you for trying to help me with the problem, as I got the answer from a post here.
--
Posted on novaBBS
news.novabbs.com

Re: Could Not Open Font

<6f8613c44438fcc5616deaa71a2ec7d1@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=138&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#138

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 01:23:26+0000
 by: trw - Sun, 20 Dec 2020 01:23 UTC

Good you could get it solved, and thanks for updating on the final solution.

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def4

Re: Could Not Open Font

<04cd9445ca3b8cb3cb71f288578a2781@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=139&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#139

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 02:15:42+0000
 by: trw - Sun, 20 Dec 2020 02:15 UTC

and don't forget to advertise your sites address here, once you have it done :-)

--
Posted on def4