Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 08:54:31 +0100
From: remailer@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Subject: Nym - Read Only
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:54 UTC

In a nym tutorial the advice is to never use
your nym for communication, only for reception.

Example:

1. Bob anonymously distributes his nym address.

2. Eve sends Bob a message.

3. Bob reads the message then replies using QSL or OM
through the regular remailer network. Bob does not
reply through his nym.

4. Why not?

Re: Nym - Read Only

<20230605.131423.e4e4867f@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14322&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14322

From: nobody@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 13:14:23 +0000
Subject: Re: Nym - Read Only
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 13:14 UTC

Anonymous Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

>In a nym tutorial the advice is to never use
>your nym for communication, only for reception.
>
>Example:
>
>1. Bob anonymously distributes his nym address.
>
>2. Eve sends Bob a message.
>
>3. Bob reads the message then replies using QSL or OM
> through the regular remailer network. Bob does not
> reply through his nym.
>
>4. Why not?

To me that makes no sense. While using a nym I always get a
confirmation that my message was delivered to its recipient(s)

| To: xxx@nym.mixmin.net
| From: send@nym.mixmin.net
| Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0000 (GMT)
|
| This is to acknowledge that a message with the following header was
| remailed under your pseudonym:
|
| From: Xxx <xxx@nym.mixmin.net>
| To: abc@xyz.gov
| Subject: ...

whereas with a message that was just remailed the ordinary way
there's no feedback at all. With Usenet postings that may be
tolerable, but by no means I'd accept such uncertainty with
email conversations.

Re: Nym - Read Only

<20230606.075555.e0345c69@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14331&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14331

From: fritz@spamexpire-202306.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 07:55:55 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 05:55 UTC

On 6/5/2023 12:54 AM, Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> In a nym tutorial the advice is to never use
> your nym for communication, only for reception.
>
> Example:
>
> 1. Bob anonymously distributes his nym address.
>
> 2. Eve sends Bob a message.
>
> 3. Bob reads the message then replies using QSL or OM
> through the regular remailer network. Bob does not
> reply through his nym.
>
> 4. Why not?

Citation please.

I've never heard of that.

What "nym tutorial?"

Please enlighten.

Re: Nym - Read Only

<20230606.122958.9b03491a@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14333&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14333

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:29:58 +0100
From: remailer@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:29 UTC

On Tue 6 Jun 2023 8:55 am, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> On 6/5/2023 12:54 AM, Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>
>> In a nym tutorial the advice is to never use
>> your nym for communication, only for reception.
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> 1. Bob anonymously distributes his nym address.
>>
>> 2. Eve sends Bob a message.
>>
>> 3. Bob reads the message then replies using QSL or OM
>> through the regular remailer network. Bob does not
>> reply through his nym.
>>
>> 4. Why not?
>>

> Citation please.
>
> I've never heard of that.
>
> What "nym tutorial?"
>
> Please enlighten.

Enlightenment here:

From QSMNOM Help 1.2.4 .pdf

I. You will again receive a message at 'alt.anonymous.messages'
telling you that your nym address is ready to use. Now you can
communicate with someone anonymously by sending messages through
the remailer system using QuickSilver directly to their email address.

After you have given them your nym email address, they can send email
messages directly to you via 'alt.anonymous.messages'. You will
decrypt your messages again as described in step H.

There is a way for you to send messages to others through your nym,
however, it is best to stay completely away from your nym, so it will
not be explained here.

If you were to ever send a message directly to your nym email
address yourself, you could thereby be tied to it. The nym is
strictly for the convenience of others to use to send you messages.

Re: Nym - Read Only

<20230606.110259.f9aab680@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14337&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14337

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net E32934021A
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:02:59 -0400
From: remailer@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 15:02 UTC

Anonymous Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>On Tue 6 Jun 2023 8:55 am, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>> On 6/5/2023 12:54 AM, Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>>
>>> In a nym tutorial the advice is to never use
>>> your nym for communication, only for reception.
>>>
>>> Example:
>>>
>>> 1. Bob anonymously distributes his nym address.
>>>
>>> 2. Eve sends Bob a message.
>>>
>>> 3. Bob reads the message then replies using QSL or OM
>>> through the regular remailer network. Bob does not
>>> reply through his nym.
>>>
>>> 4. Why not?
>>>

>> Citation please.
>>
>> I've never heard of that.
>>
>> What "nym tutorial?"
>>
>> Please enlighten.
>>

>Enlightenment here:
>
> From QSMNOM Help 1.2.4 .pdf
>
>I. You will again receive a message at 'alt.anonymous.messages'
>telling you that your nym address is ready to use. Now you can
>communicate with someone anonymously by sending messages through
>the remailer system using QuickSilver directly to their email address.

S/he obviously means sending a nym mail, which allows the recipient to
answer.

>After you have given them your nym email address, they can send email
>messages directly to you via 'alt.anonymous.messages'. You will
>decrypt your messages again as described in step H.
>
>There is a way for you to send messages to others through your nym,
>however, it is best to stay completely away from your nym, so it will
>not be explained here.

A recommendation to avoid using a single nym with multiple addressees,
as interconnecting multiple such vectors may make it easier to figure
out the originator by analyzing and filtering based on social
parameters?

>If you were to ever send a message directly to your nym email
>address yourself, you could thereby be tied to it.

That would be utterly stupid.

There's a nice diagram "Pros and cons of different communication
methods" at https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Nym - Read Only