From: trw@anon.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: uudecode driving me nuts
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 22:15:46+0000
logging-data="10707"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: trw - Wed, 23 Dec 2020 22:15 UTC

To decode attachments which are embedded in the body of an article I tried to make use of uudecode. On the cli this command works nicely:
uudecode -o /var/www/bbx/att/image.jpg /var/opt/msg/18329@test.com
It produces a correct file by the name of image.jpg in the path that was given.
The same line put in a shellscript which is run by www-data produces the file under the right path and name, but the file is always empty (size is 0 bytes).
Other lines of the same script create files in the same directory without issue, so I assume it cannot be the permissions.
The same script run by root is also producing the file correctly, just called by www-data it is not. There is something I miss here, maybe a an ENV variable is not set and that causes uudecode to fail ? Something like that...

Any feedback appreciated.

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def4

Re: uudecode driving me nuts

<382ad3edb09cb11128bf2c2e86bee41d@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=165&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#165

From: trw@anon.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: uudecode driving me nuts
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 22:35:29+0000
 by: trw - Wed, 23 Dec 2020 22:35 UTC

10 s after I posted I realized that the file to decode was not named correctly....thanks for all your help :-]
def4 is not displaying embedded attachments (like def3 generates them)

--
Posted on def4

Re: uudecode driving me nuts

<65405240713dfdd6d9937933bdd0d10f@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=166&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#166

From: trw@anon.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 22:46:41+0000
 by: trw - Wed, 23 Dec 2020 22:46 UTC

>def4 is not displaying embedded attachments (like def3 generates them)

def4 is NOW displaying embedded attachments (like def3 generates them)

damn it

--
Posted on def4