computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

SubjectAuthor
* M2N group lists - posting text to binariesNomen Nescio
+* Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariescoke zero
|+- Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariesNomen Nescio
|+* Re: Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariesNomen Nescio
||+- Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariesSEC3
||`- Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariesNomen Nescio
|`- Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariesFritz Wuehler
`- Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binariesuSuRa

1
M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<e9d183645970263c46c35ffa34cca5f3@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17434&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17434

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 10:48:02 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 09:48 UTC

Got a need to post text reqs to ebooks group(s) which are under DRM
attack big time. Any thesaurus' which list which binary groups
aren't reachable for each of the three M2N servers, or the shorter
list of which groups *are* permissible? I thought mixmin had
around 40K or so groups reachable but that was long ago...just
getting used to QSL again, too old to grapple with Omnimix, too
many levers & pedals.

I know nothing about neodome but seem to recall Dizum had some sort
of blanket ban on binaries...

Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<bb527a70e9bca556c8921e725866d22c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17436&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17436

From: nobody@nowhere.com (coke zero)
Subject: Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 12:03:18 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: coke zero - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 11:03 UTC

On 24 Feb 2024, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> posted some

> Got a need to post text reqs to ebooks group(s) which are under DRM
> attack big time. Any thesaurus' which list which binary groups
> aren't reachable for each of the three M2N servers, or the shorter
> list of which groups *are* permissible? I thought mixmin had
> around 40K or so groups reachable but that was long ago...just
> getting used to QSL again, too old to grapple with Omnimix, too
> many levers & pedals.
>
> I know nothing about neodome but seem to recall Dizum had some sort
> of blanket ban on binaries...

You need a server that permits posting to binary groups. All the servers
in the mixmaster family permit text only and will drop any posts to
binary groups.

PNG  IHDR00,PLTEIG!ľ bIDAT8}T=o0H9?b%*Bw F}>@J:mvz݁Wa ""3թ\؁US7D+ǩxh!|vsst}OD_TH&THm)&b*(T%"fjuMJ*@Y z+26GK tumQv"W}>OM,ыY"۶+s)^\de9t>IENDB`
Re: Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<2cf7e187bfb828ac47155605f711ccb1@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17439&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17439

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:29:53 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 13:29 UTC

> Got a need to post text reqs to ebooks group(s) which are under DRM
> attack big time. Any thesaurus' which list which binary groups
> aren't reachable for each of the three M2N servers, or the shorter
> list of which groups *are* permissible? I thought mixmin had
> around 40K or so groups reachable but that was long ago...just
> getting used to QSL again, too old to grapple with Omnimix, too
> many levers & pedals.
>
> I know nothing about neodome but seem to recall Dizum had some sort
> of blanket ban on binaries...

You need a server that permits posting to binary groups. All the
servers
in the mixmaster family permit text only and will drop any posts to
binary groups.

Thanks for that. However, **I only want to post text**. I do not
want to post binaries. The text I want to post will be posted to
binaries heirarchy. I know from long time ago when I used QS and
QSL that the servers dropped binary posts and permitted text posts
to some binaries.

What I asked for was a list of groups which are permitted by the
gateways. Surely they can't all be text groups only? I only want
the ebook binary groups.

So with that clarification, any ideas?

Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<KoJFziCUAwqHZHwuwQuRhxlztoEfxUKn@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17440&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17440

Date: Sat, 24 Feb 24 14:35:17 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: admin@sec3.net (SEC3)
 by: SEC3 - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:35 UTC

On 2/24/24 08:29, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Thanks for that. However, **I only want to post text**. I do not
> want to post binaries.

Which is it? Do you want to post text? Or do you want to post ebooks?
Because ebooks (.EPUB and .PDF) *are* binary files.

Regardless, Mixmaster is just the wrong tool for what you are contemplating.

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/

Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<cd836068ceac1032cf283781f777d99d@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17444&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17444

From: fritz@spamexpire-202402.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 23:16:02 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 22:16 UTC

> You need a server that permits posting to binary groups. All the servers
> in the mixmaster family permit text only and will drop any posts to binary
> groups.

Is it possible to encrypt a binary as an ASC file (text) and
then post it?

Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<40c0b54ac0b90a8e329921f3ed142413@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17445&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17445

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 02:15:04 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 01:15 UTC

On 2/24/24 08:29, Nomen Nescio wrote:

>> Thanks for that. However, **I only want to post text**. I do not
>> want to post binaries.

>Which is it? Do you want to post text? Or do you want to post ebooks?
>Because ebooks (.EPUB and .PDF) *are* binary files.

>Regardless, Mixmaster is just the wrong tool for what you are contemplating.

Pardon? I wrote pretty clearly that I just want to post texts to
binaries groups. No ambiguity there. I know the limitations using
remailers to post binaries, I want to DL ebooks, not post them.
That generally starts with a request, which is what I want to post,
The requests will be text only.

In any case, I found Steve Crooks' list of active groups for his
M2N gateway and lo & behold, there are many, many binaries. So,
problem (seemingly) solved. I also recall from many years ago that
there were severe limitations on dizum's gateway list of groups but
I can't find that list anymore. Neodome is new to me so I don't
know where, if anywhere, that admin has listed his/her active
groups list. So, if you know, which I assume you do, please advise
on groups list for both Dizum & Neodome. But Mixmin will do in the
meantime.

Re: M2N group lists - posting text to binaries

<us4vu7$faa$1@poison.alphared.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17498&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17498

From: usura@torix.dizum.com (uSuRa)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 17:21:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: uSuRa - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 17:21 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
> Got a need to post text reqs to ebooks group(s) which are under DRM
> attack big time. Any thesaurus' which list which binary groups
> aren't reachable for each of the three M2N servers, or the shorter
> list of which groups *are* permissible? I thought mixmin had
> around 40K or so groups reachable but that was long ago...just
> getting used to QSL again, too old to grapple with Omnimix, too
> many levers & pedals.
>
> I know nothing about neodome but seem to recall Dizum had some sort
> of blanket ban on binaries...

There is a size limitation on postings through dizum, but binaries -should- not be blocked en masse. (need to check0.