Not only Guinness - Linux is good for you, too. -- Banzai on IRC

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

SubjectAuthor
* YAMN an anonymous remailer programYamn Remailer
+- Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer programD
`* Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer programNomen Nescio
 +* Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer programAnonymous
 |`* Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer programStefan Claas
 | `- Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer programNomen Nescio
 `- Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer programFritz Wuehler

1
YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<20240402.182909.66bbaa99@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17804&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17804

Subject: YAMN an anonymous remailer program
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 18:29:09 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:29 UTC

YAMN stands for "Yet Another Mix Net"

YAMN (https://github.com/crooks/yamn) tries to look
like its famous older brother Mixmaster. But there are
some significant differences and improvements. For example,
there are revised crypto functions. Instead of Mixmaster's
Triple-DES,RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 and MD5, YAMN uses AES, NaCl
Box and Blake2. Also deterministic header padding has been
added so as to protect against tagging attacks.

PROGRAM
There are three ways to use YAMN under Windows: on the
command line; by using Christian Danner's Omnimix program;
<https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm> or by using Inwtx's
Yamn Remailer Client created by Inwtx Admin.

YAMN HELP
A collection of tutorials on getting started with the
YAMN anonymous remailer.These tutorials provide you
with help getting started with YAMN.
<https://sec3.net/yamnhelp/>

PINGER
<https://tincture.ws/pinger/yamn/>
<https://echolot.virebent.art/>
<https://www.haph.org/yamn/>
<https://www.mixmin.net/yamn/>

MAIL RELAY SERVER
intended for use with Mixmaster & YAMN remailer
<https://www.sec3.net/misc/mail-relays.txt>

RUN a YAMN REMAILER (LINUX)
Debian package to run a YAMN remailer on a Linux server
<https://github.com/inwtx/yamn>

Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<9b4746fb-aa42-b709-324b-aef1689c5778@example.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17806&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17806

From: nospam@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:12:18 +0200
 by: D - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 20:12 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer wrote:

> YAMN stands for "Yet Another Mix Net"
>
> YAMN (https://github.com/crooks/yamn) tries to look
> like its famous older brother Mixmaster. But there are
> some significant differences and improvements. For example,
> there are revised crypto functions. Instead of Mixmaster's
> Triple-DES,RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 and MD5, YAMN uses AES, NaCl
> Box and Blake2. Also deterministic header padding has been
> added so as to protect against tagging attacks.
>
> PROGRAM
> There are three ways to use YAMN under Windows: on the
> command line; by using Christian Danner's Omnimix program;
> <https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm> or by using Inwtx's
> Yamn Remailer Client created by Inwtx Admin.
>
> YAMN HELP
> A collection of tutorials on getting started with the
> YAMN anonymous remailer.These tutorials provide you
> with help getting started with YAMN.
> <https://sec3.net/yamnhelp/>
>
> PINGER
> <https://tincture.ws/pinger/yamn/>
> <https://echolot.virebent.art/>
> <https://www.haph.org/yamn/>
> <https://www.mixmin.net/yamn/>
>
> MAIL RELAY SERVER
> intended for use with Mixmaster & YAMN remailer
> <https://www.sec3.net/misc/mail-relays.txt>
>
> RUN a YAMN REMAILER (LINUX)
> Debian package to run a YAMN remailer on a Linux server
> <https://github.com/inwtx/yamn>

Who develops it and is it audited (in these days of supply chain attacks)?

Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<7212f02c05b5af0e3a76420f54ca8d25@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17813&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17813

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:49:20 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.linux, alt.privacy, alt.privacy.anon-server,
comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.networking
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 06:49 UTC

On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some

> YAMN stands for "Yet Another Mix Net"
>
> YAMN (https://github.com/crooks/yamn) tries to look
> like its famous older brother Mixmaster. But there are
> some significant differences and improvements. For example,
> there are revised crypto functions. Instead of Mixmaster's
> Triple-DES,RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 and MD5, YAMN uses AES, NaCl
> Box and Blake2. Also deterministic header padding has been
> added so as to protect against tagging attacks.
>
> PROGRAM
> There are three ways to use YAMN under Windows: on the
> command line; by using Christian Danner's Omnimix program;
><https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm> or by using Inwtx's
> Yamn Remailer Client created by Inwtx Admin.
>
> YAMN HELP
> A collection of tutorials on getting started with the
> YAMN anonymous remailer.These tutorials provide you
> with help getting started with YAMN.
><https://sec3.net/yamnhelp/>
>
> PINGER
><https://tincture.ws/pinger/yamn/>
><https://echolot.virebent.art/>
><https://www.haph.org/yamn/>
><https://www.mixmin.net/yamn/>
>
> MAIL RELAY SERVER
> intended for use with Mixmaster & YAMN remailer
><https://www.sec3.net/misc/mail-relays.txt>
>
> RUN a YAMN REMAILER (LINUX)
> Debian package to run a YAMN remailer on a Linux server
><https://github.com/inwtx/yamn>

YAMN needs more clients. Is there one for iPhones?

Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<20240403.141923.881ab8c8@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17816&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17816

From: nobody@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:19:23 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:19 UTC

On 4/2/2024 11:49 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
ices
> YAMN needs more clients. Is there one for iPhones?

Remailers, both Mixmaster and YAMN, do not operate on mobile devices,
Android or ios.

Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<uujs7v$3umun$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17818&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17818

From: pollux@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 17:22:37 +0200
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:22 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> On 4/2/2024 11:49 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> ices
> > YAMN needs more clients. Is there one for iPhones?
> >

> Remailers, both Mixmaster and YAMN, do not operate on mobile devices,
> Android or ios.

I had YAMN running under Android, years ago, with the help of Termux.

You can compile YAMN for Android, but not sure if Android apps can
be accessed via the command line.

--
Regards
Stefan

Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<585cde2bca2341e5f630b50e1e52192c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17820&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17820

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:02:29 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 20:02 UTC

On 4/3/2024 8:22 AM, Stefan Claas wrote:

> I had YAMN running under Android, years ago, with the help of Termux.
>
> You can compile YAMN for Android, but not sure if Android apps can
> be accessed via the command line.

Way too complex, Stefan.

Not for mere mortals.

Re: YAMN an anonymous remailer program

<a022fd327f808852f4a7c7d099f5b111@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17821&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17821

From: fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 08:16:14 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.comp.linux, alt.privacy, alt.privacy.anon-server,
comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.networking
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 06:16 UTC

On 3 Apr 2024 08:49:20 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

>On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some
>
>> YAMN stands for "Yet Another Mix Net"
>>
>> YAMN (https://github.com/crooks/yamn) tries to look
>> like its famous older brother Mixmaster. But there are
>> some significant differences and improvements. For example,
>> there are revised crypto functions. Instead of Mixmaster's
>> Triple-DES,RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 and MD5, YAMN uses AES, NaCl
>> Box and Blake2. Also deterministic header padding has been
>> added so as to protect against tagging attacks.
>>
>> PROGRAM
>> There are three ways to use YAMN under Windows: on the
>> command line; by using Christian Danner's Omnimix program;
>><https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm> or by using Inwtx's
>> Yamn Remailer Client created by Inwtx Admin.
>>
>> YAMN HELP
>> A collection of tutorials on getting started with the
>> YAMN anonymous remailer.These tutorials provide you
>> with help getting started with YAMN.
>><https://sec3.net/yamnhelp/>
>>
>> PINGER
>><https://tincture.ws/pinger/yamn/>
>><https://echolot.virebent.art/>
>><https://www.haph.org/yamn/>
>><https://www.mixmin.net/yamn/>
>>
>> MAIL RELAY SERVER
>> intended for use with Mixmaster & YAMN remailer
>><https://www.sec3.net/misc/mail-relays.txt>
>>
>> RUN a YAMN REMAILER (LINUX)
>> Debian package to run a YAMN remailer on a Linux server
>><https://github.com/inwtx/yamn>
>
>YAMN needs more clients. Is there one for iPhones?

If we only had iOS and Android mail clients with SOCKS support
to get them communicate with Omnimix proxies at home. My home
automation RasPi is eager to handle remailer traffic as well.