Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

SubjectAuthor
* Hosting anonymous website and filesFritz Wuehler
+- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesD
+- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesD
`* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesNomen Nescio
 +* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesD
 |`* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesAnonymous
 | `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesD
 |  `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesYamn Remailer
 |   +* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesD
 |   |`* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesYamn Remailer
 |   | +- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesD
 |   | `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesNomen Nescio
 |   |  +- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesYamn Remailer
 |   |  `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesCrypto Fab 37
 |   |   `- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesYamn2 Remailer
 |   `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesNomen Nescio
 |    `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesAnonymous
 |     `* Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesStefan Claas
 |      `- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesAnonymous
 `- Re: Hosting anonymous website and filesNomen Nescio

1
Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240401.125303.99b3b399@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17789&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17789

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 12:53:03 +0200
From: fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Subject: Hosting anonymous website and files
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 10:53 UTC

Hi,

Like anonymous or pseudonymous email

is there any service that allows anonymous
hosting of website

or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously

and share it

Regards.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<5617d464ea51e0627c2ae0037796add3@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17792&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17792

From: J@M (D)
Subject: Re: Hosting anonymous website and files
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 15:50:40 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 13:50 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 12:53:03 +0200, Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>Like anonymous or pseudonymous email
>is there any service that allows anonymous
>hosting of website
>or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously
>and share it
>Regards.

probably hypothetical, but if popular formats like mp4 or jpg could be
accurately converted into groups of 100s or 1000s of small segments of
plain text that could be similarly converted back into this mp4 or jpg
format, then those text files could be systematically posted to usenet
newsgroups using omnimix, dynamic dns, yamn remailers, tor connections,
and being very careful not to post anything that could be misconstrued;
if such binary file-to-text conversion were possible, it's what i'd do

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240401.154805.0500d808@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17793&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17793

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 15:48:05 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:48 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 12:53:03 +0200, Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>Like anonymous or pseudonymous email
>is there any service that allows anonymous
>hosting of website
>or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously
>and share it
>Regards.

p.s. if there was a way to use camelsystem powerpost 2.4 (2012-01-04)
or some similar program to post anonymously to binary newsgroups,
then that might do it . . . but remailers wouldn't work for this,
so pseudonymous is probably more realistic meaning caveat emptor:

(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
https://www.binaries4all.com/powerpost/
>Tutorial: Posting with Powerpost
>Page 1/4 of this article
>In this howto we will explain how to post files into newsgroups on Usenet
>using Powerpost. We will also create an NZB file and PAR2 repair files.
>Important:
>When downloading from binary newsgroups on Usenet you will notice that besides
>free material there are also files that are copyrighted. Downloading or
>distributing copyrighted material is prohibited by law. This site isn't meant
>to promote distributing this material, it's only meant to explain how binary
>newsgroups and related software work. You won't find any links to such material,
>cracks or serial numbers here. Therefore our advise: study what is allowed by
>law and act accordingly.
>There are a lot of different versions of Powerpost because the original author
>has released his code to the public for general use. For this tutorial we use
>CamelSystem Powerpost, because it also supports Windows Vista and 7. This
>version is currently the best version of Powerpost and can be downloaded here:
>Download PowerPost (link opens in a new window).
>https://www.binaries4all.com/powerpost/pp24_en.zip
(pp24_en.zip / 472 KB), extracted . . .
(pp24_en / 1.26 MB / 20 Files, 6 Folders)
https://www.binaries4all.com/powerpost/configuration.php
https://www.binaries4all.com/powerpost/preparing.php
https://www.binaries4all.com/powerpost/posting.php
> [...]
>You can also set the timer to stop at a certain time. In that case you need to
>check the box 'Activate stop time'. After you have done that, you will be able
>to set a stopping time.
>The last option is to automatically continue posting the next day, at the same
>time.
>If you check the 'Repeat' box, the program automatically will continue at the
>point it stopped posting before. And that schedule will be repeated until the
>posting is completed.
>Click the OK-button. The normal Powerpost window reappears. In the status bar at
>the bottom, you will see how long the program will wait before starting to post.
>Do not close the program in the meantime!
>At the indicated starting time, or if you press the second button right away,
>Powerpost will start posting, and the 'Posting progress' window will appear:
>This window will give you a lot of information about the progress of your post.
>First of all, it shows we are posting with two threads, which means there are
>two connections with the server (as we indicated at the setup part), so two
>files will be posted at the same time.
>For each connection a progress indicator will be shown (the two blue bars). The
>top one indicates the progress of the whole file. The second one shows the
>progress of the article being posted. The big blue bar (under 'Progress')
>indicates the progress of the complete posting (all files in the queue).
>At the bottom there's even more information. You will see a graph indicating the
>posting speed for each thread, and a graph for the total posting speed in time.
>In text you will see the highest peak and the current speed. You also see the
>time the post started, how long you have been posting, and an estimating of the
>remaining time the program will need to complete.
>You can also change the maximum posting-speed by changing the value in the 'Max
>Bandwidth' box. This will override the value given in the setup box. Normally it
>will show the speed set in the setup box (0 means no speed limit).
>You may close this window at any time. It won't affect your post. Just click the
>Close-button and the window will disappear.
>You will return to the main window. The icons will show which files already have
>been posted (OK), which are being posted at this moment (P) and the files that
>are still in the queue (Q). You can reopen the "posting progress" window at any
>time by clicking the button indicated below.
>We advise not to temporarily pause (stop) the posting process (for example for
>altering the settings), although it probably safe to do so.
>To free some space in the windows taskbar you can minimize the program, which
>will send it to the system tray (next to the clock) All we have to do now is sit
>back, relax, and wait until all files have been posted.
>Copyright (c) Binaries4all Usenet tutorials 2002-2023 [all rights reserved]
[end quote]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<3f9d0d6ab0fbba264394d4a4935ced6e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17794&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17794

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:06:41 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 16:06 UTC

Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Like anonymous or pseudonymous email
>
> is there any service that allows anonymous
> hosting of website
>
> or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously
>
> and share it
>

> Regards.

https://onionshare.org/

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<cf1c59cc764cdd00c6212f7b2c810e92@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17795&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17795

From: J@M (D)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 20:09:52 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:09 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:06:41 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Like anonymous or pseudonymous email
>> is there any service that allows anonymous
>> hosting of website
>> or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously
>> and share it
>> Regards.
>>
>https://onionshare.org/

anonymous or pseudonymous? this seems more like the latter, quasi honeypot
(cf. whole message encryption https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm) . . .

(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
https://support.torproject.org/misc/misc-12/
>How can I share files anonymously through Tor?
>For sharing files over Tor, OnionShare is a good option. OnionShare is an open
>source tool for securely and anonymously sending and receiving files using Tor
>onion services. It works by starting a web server directly on your computer and
>making it accessible as an unguessable Tor web address that others can load in
>Tor Browser to download files from you, or upload files to you. It doesn't
>require setting up a separate server, using a third party file-sharing service,
>or even logging into an account.
>Unlike services like email, Google Drive, DropBox, WeTransfer, or nearly any
>other way people typically send files to each other, when you use OnionShare
>you don't give any companies access to the files that you're sharing. So long
>as you share the unguessable web address in a secure way (like pasting it in an
>encrypted messaging app), no one but you and the person you're sharing with can
>access the files.
>OnionShare is developed by Micah Lee.
>Many exit nodes are configured to block certain types of file sharing traffic,
>such as BitTorrent. BitTorrent in particular is not anonymous over Tor.
[end quote]

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240401.210408.0b080df8@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17796&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17796

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 21:04:08 +0000
From: nobody@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 21:04 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 20:09:52 +0200 (CEST), D <J@M> wrote:
>On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:06:41 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>>Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Like anonymous or pseudonymous email
>>> is there any service that allows anonymous
>>> hosting of website
>>> or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously
>>> and share it
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>https://onionshare.org/
>
>anonymous or pseudonymous? this seems more like the latter, quasi honeypot
>(cf. whole message encryption https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm) . . .
>
>(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
>https://support.torproject.org/misc/misc-12/
>>How can I share files anonymously through Tor?
>>For sharing files over Tor, OnionShare is a good option. OnionShare is an open
>>source tool for securely and anonymously sending and receiving files using Tor
>>onion services. It works by starting a web server directly on your computer and
>>making it accessible as an unguessable Tor web address that others can load in
>>Tor Browser to download files from you, or upload files to you. It doesn't
>>require setting up a separate server, using a third party file-sharing service,
>>or even logging into an account.
>>Unlike services like email, Google Drive, DropBox, WeTransfer, or nearly any
>>other way people typically send files to each other, when you use OnionShare
>>you don't give any companies access to the files that you're sharing. So long
>>as you share the unguessable web address in a secure way (like pasting it in an
>>encrypted messaging app), no one but you and the person you're sharing with can
>>access the files.
>>OnionShare is developed by Micah Lee.
>>Many exit nodes are configured to block certain types of file sharing traffic,
>>such as BitTorrent. BitTorrent in particular is not anonymous over Tor.
>[end quote]

https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240401.224327.d700574e@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17797&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17797

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 22:43:27 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 21:43 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 21:04:08 +0000, Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 20:09:52 +0200 (CEST), D <J@M> wrote:
>>>>
>>>https://onionshare.org/
>>
>>anonymous or pseudonymous? this seems more like the latter, quasi honeypot
>>(cf. whole message encryption https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm) . . .
>>
>>(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
>>https://support.torproject.org/misc/misc-12/
>>>How can I share files anonymously through Tor?
>>>For sharing files over Tor, OnionShare is a good option. OnionShare is an open
>>>source tool for securely and anonymously sending and receiving files using Tor
>>>onion services. It works by starting a web server directly on your computer and
>>>making it accessible as an unguessable Tor web address that others can load in
>>>Tor Browser to download files from you, or upload files to you. It doesn't
>>>require setting up a separate server, using a third party file-sharing service,
>>>or even logging into an account.
>>>Unlike services like email, Google Drive, DropBox, WeTransfer, or nearly any
>>>other way people typically send files to each other, when you use OnionShare
>>>you don't give any companies access to the files that you're sharing. So long
>>>as you share the unguessable web address in a secure way (like pasting it in an
>>>encrypted messaging app), no one but you and the person you're sharing with can
>>>access the files.
>>>OnionShare is developed by Micah Lee.
>>>Many exit nodes are configured to block certain types of file sharing traffic,
>>>such as BitTorrent. BitTorrent in particular is not anonymous over Tor.
>>[end quote]
>
>https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm

cutting remailer chains out of the loop sounds extraordinarily risky;
i would definitely not rely on tor alone for anonymity in this usage

(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm
>There may be situations where you have to transfer files to computer-
>illiterate people without burdening them with technicalty. Or as a
>whistleblower you may have to send someone a bigger amount of data
>unsuitable for anonymous mailing.
>That's where the TorFile Hidden Service can help. As an anonymous web
>server it offers file downloads directly from your computer to those
>who know the correct URL consisting of the server's .onion address and
>a file-specific identifier. They only have to run the Tor Browser
>program, a modified Firefox web client made for surfing the Internet
>anonymously. By transmitting your file's URL through the remailer
>network to the person you target nobody can uncover your identity. To
>avoid frustration only make sure that your Hidden Service is online
>when your counterpart enters the URL into his Tor Browser's address
>field to download your data.
>Running TorFile isn't very hard. Make sure that the TorPlus HTTP
>server is active (tab 'TorPlus' > 'Server') and data routing adjusted
>and activated (tab 'TorPlus' > 'FileCtrl') as explained in the TorPlus
>chapter.
>Then go to the 'TorPlus > 'FileList' tab, where you have to enter the
>files to be made available for download.
>Click '+' to add a new file to the list.
>Enter a download identifier or create a random term by clicking the
>'<' button, then enter the file's path directly or, by clicking '...',
>select it from a file dialog box. With the 'Active' box checked click
>'Accept' to exit the dialog and create the list entry.
>Now we're nearly done. It only remains to start the servers to make
>the updated file list available.
>To test whether TorFile works select a file from the list, press the
>'*' button to copy the combined address / identifier URL to the
>clipboard, then open a Tor Browser and paste the URL.
>On the TorFile server side you can follow the download process at the
>log list.
>In case a problem arises the log shows its specific cause, whereas for
>security reasons always only a simple 'Access denied!' reply is sent
>to the client.
[end quote]

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<uufju0$1j3uv$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17798&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17798

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 00:36:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 00:36 UTC

On 01 Apr 2024, Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> posted some

> Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-202404.rodent.frell.theremailer.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Like anonymous or pseudonymous email
>>
>> is there any service that allows anonymous
>> hosting of website
>>
>> or if I want to upload a video or image and display it anonymously
>>
>> and share it
>>

>> Regards.
>>
> https://onionshare.org/

That actually works well. I use it to get around the locked down crap of
corporate mandated OS builds with conflicting useless anti-viral garbage.

It's not fast in some cases, but I can access shared content when I am
traveling anywhere.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240402.143357.a6ab42fa@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17802&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17802

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:33:57 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 13:33 UTC

D <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:

>> https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm
>
> cutting remailer chains out of the loop sounds extraordinarily risky;
> i would definitely not rely on tor alone for anonymity in this usage

But hidden services also benefit from longer circuits of up to 9 nodes
OM's Tor version comes with, don't they?

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<277fe44efa77219922edb8f5decae17f@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17803&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17803

From: J@M (D)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 16:24:25 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:24 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:33:57 +0100, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:
>D <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:
>>> https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm
>>
>> cutting remailer chains out of the loop sounds extraordinarily risky;
>> i would definitely not rely on tor alone for anonymity in this usage
>
>But hidden services also benefit from longer circuits of up to 9 nodes
>OM's Tor version comes with, don't they?

no matter how many hops in the tor circuit, without using remailer chains
messages must be encrypted before sending and the recipient(s) would need
to be able to decrypt those messages, otherwise it's pseudonymous at best

(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
https://support.torproject.org/misc/misc-11/
>Can I change the number of hops Tor uses?
>Right now the path length is hard-coded at 3 plus the number of nodes in your
>path that are sensitive. That is, in normal cases it's 3, but for example if
>you're accessing an onion service or a ".exit" address it could be more.
>We don't want to encourage people to use paths longer than this as it increases
>load on the network without (as far as we can tell) providing any more security.
>Also, using paths longer than 3 could harm anonymity, first because it makes
>denial of security attacks easier, and second because it could act as an
>identifier if only a small number of users have the same path length as you.
[end quote]

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:33:57 +0100, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:
>D <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:
>>> https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm
>>
>> cutting remailer chains out of the loop sounds extraordinarily risky;
>> i would definitely not rely on tor alone for anonymity in this usage
>
>But hidden services also benefit from longer circuits of up to 9 nodes
>OM's Tor version comes with, don't they?

could be that no matter how many hops in the tor circuit

(using Tor Browser 13.0.13)
https://support.torproject.org/misc/misc-11/
>Can I change the number of hops Tor uses?
>Right now the path length is hard-coded at 3 plus the number of nodes in your
>path that are sensitive. That is, in normal cases it's 3, but for example if
>you're accessing an onion service or a ".exit" address it could be more.
>We don't want to encourage people to use paths longer than this as it increases
>load on the network without (as far as we can tell) providing any more security.
>Also, using paths longer than 3 could harm anonymity, first because it makes
>denial of security attacks easier, and second because it could act as an
>identifier if only a small number of users have the same path length as you.
[end quote]

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<0f593bfd9c8759e4f244cb563ec69243@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17808&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17808

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:56:42 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 20:56 UTC

On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some

> D <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:
>
>>> https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusfile.htm
>>
>> cutting remailer chains out of the loop sounds extraordinarily risky;
>> i would definitely not rely on tor alone for anonymity in this usage
>
> But hidden services also benefit from longer circuits of up to 9 nodes
> OM's Tor version comes with, don't they?

Benefit how exactly?

Anything more than 4 hops is just going to add additional latency and use
unnecessary bandwidth.

Don't advertise contract killing over anything on the Internet for
example. Use facebook, Mark will never rat you out.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240402.221923.6b0697f0@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17809&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17809

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:19:23 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 21:19 UTC

D <J@M> wrote:

>no matter how many hops in the tor circuit, without using remailer chains
>messages must be encrypted before sending and the recipient(s) would need
>to be able to decrypt those messages, otherwise it's pseudonymous at best

Tor connections are end-to-end encrypted by design. There's no need for
an additional encryption layer when your Tor Browser contacts such a
server through its hidden service, as long as that .onion service and
the server application share a host computer and communicate locally.

With OM's TorFile you use the combination of a .onion address and a hard
to guess download ID of variable length like

bxfac4urx8eripucdjkvbdfepqsitmdhlosucnfjystgmw5owc8dfyqd.onion/ec2nsta8qond

And without the need of active contents and only a short window of
accessibility the server is hard to compromise.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240402.230933.2c7df776@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17810&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17810

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:09:33 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (D)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:09 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:19:23 +0100, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> wrote:
>D <J@M> wrote:
>>no matter how many hops in the tor circuit, without using remailer chains
>>messages must be encrypted before sending and the recipient(s) would need
>>to be able to decrypt those messages, otherwise it's pseudonymous at best
>
>Tor connections are end-to-end encrypted by design. There's no need for
>an additional encryption layer when your Tor Browser contacts such a
>server through its hidden service, as long as that .onion service and
>the server application share a host computer and communicate locally.
>With OM's TorFile you use the combination of a .onion address and a hard
>to guess download ID of variable length like
>bxfac4urx8eripucdjkvbdfepqsitmdhlosucnfjystgmw5owc8dfyqd.onion/ec2nsta8qond
>And without the need of active contents and only a short window of
>accessibility the server is hard to compromise.

it's a jungle out there . . . careful use of whole message encryption is
certainly the minimum standard for what might be described as "anonymous"
and remailers are integral to that purpose ... tor alone is pseudonymous
and everyone knows it, hence the requirement and popularity of remailers

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<6f086e5d399df22dd7c79cf08f6e46e8@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17811&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17811

From: nobody@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:48:37 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 22:48 UTC

On 2 Apr 2024 22:56:42 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some

>>> cutting remailer chains out of the loop sounds extraordinarily risky;
>>> i would definitely not rely on tor alone for anonymity in this usage
>>
>> But hidden services also benefit from longer circuits of up to 9 nodes
>> OM's Tor version comes with, don't they?
>
>Benefit how exactly?
>
>Anything more than 4 hops is just going to add additional latency and use
>unnecessary bandwidth.

There's a viable chance, that all three nodes of a standard
Tor circuit are controlled by cooperating entities. Sure,
compared with Tor combined with a high latency remailer chain
that's the next best solution, but up to now remailers don't
allow to transfer larger files.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<uuiote$3t8ou$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17812&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17812

From: pollux@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:19:41 +0200
Finger: tilde.club/~pollux/
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 05:19 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2024 22:56:42 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
> >On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some

> >> But hidden services also benefit from longer circuits of up to 9
> >> nodes OM's Tor version comes with, don't they?
> >
> >Benefit how exactly?
> >
> >Anything more than 4 hops is just going to add additional latency
> >and use unnecessary bandwidth.
>
> There's a viable chance, that all three nodes of a standard
> Tor circuit are controlled by cooperating entities. Sure,
> compared with Tor combined with a high latency remailer chain
> that's the next best solution, but up to now remailers don't
> allow to transfer larger files.
You can set in .torrc which entry and exit nodes you like to use.

There are lists available, AFAIR, from services run by privacy
organizations people trust.

https://helpmanual.io/man5/torrc/

--
Regards
Stefan

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<29c13b5962f0f92971cb370bbe910b24@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17814&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17814

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 10:11:55 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:11 UTC

> D <J@M> wrote:
>
>>no matter how many hops in the tor circuit, without using remailer
>>chains messages must be encrypted before sending and the recipient(s)
>>would need to be able to decrypt those messages, otherwise it's
>>pseudonymous at best
>
> Tor connections are end-to-end encrypted by design. There's no need
> for an additional encryption layer when your Tor Browser contacts such
> a server through its hidden service, as long as that .onion service
> and the server application share a host computer and communicate
> locally.
>
> With OM's TorFile you use the combination of a .onion address and a
> hard to guess download ID of variable length like
>
> bxfac4urx8eripucdjkvbdfepqsitmdhlosucnfjystgmw5owc8dfyqd.onion/ec2nsta8
> qond

Invalid Onionsite Address

Details: 0xF6 � The provided .onion address is invalid. This error is
returned due to one of the following reasons: the address checksum doesn't
match, the ed25519 public key is invalid, or the encoding is invalid.

> And without the need of active contents and only a short window of
> accessibility the server is hard to compromise.

What generates the download ID?

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240403.162016.f0f47b34@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17817&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17817

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 16:20:16 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:20 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some
>
>> D <J@M> wrote:
>>
>>>no matter how many hops in the tor circuit, without using remailer
>>>chains messages must be encrypted before sending and the recipient(s)
>>>would need to be able to decrypt those messages, otherwise it's
>>>pseudonymous at best
>>
>> Tor connections are end-to-end encrypted by design. There's no need
>> for an additional encryption layer when your Tor Browser contacts such
>> a server through its hidden service, as long as that .onion service
>> and the server application share a host computer and communicate
>> locally.
>>
>> With OM's TorFile you use the combination of a .onion address and a
>> hard to guess download ID of variable length like
>>
>> bxfac4urx8eripucdjkvbdfepqsitmdhlosucnfjystgmw5owc8dfyqd.onion/ec2nsta8
>> qond
>
>Invalid Onionsite Address

What did you expect? ;)

>Details: 0xF6 — The provided .onion address is invalid. This error is
>returned due to one of the following reasons: the address checksum doesn't
>match, the ed25519 public key is invalid, or the encoding is invalid.
>
>> And without the need of active contents and only a short window of
>> accessibility the server is hard to compromise.
>
>What generates the download ID?

Either you enter a sequence of letters of any length, or, by clicking
the "<" button, OM fills in 12 characters of random text.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<4d2918cabc29ad932aa8ec122071f5a8@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17819&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17819

From: nobody@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 19:39:44 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 19:39 UTC

Stefan Claas <pollux@tilde.club> wrote:
>Anonymous wrote:
>> On 2 Apr 2024 22:56:42 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> >On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some

>> >Benefit how exactly?
>> >
>> >Anything more than 4 hops is just going to add additional latency
>> >and use unnecessary bandwidth.
>>
>> There's a viable chance, that all three nodes of a standard
>> Tor circuit are controlled by cooperating entities. Sure,
>> compared with Tor combined with a high latency remailer chain
>> that's the next best solution, but up to now remailers don't
>> allow to transfer larger files.
>
>You can set in .torrc which entry and exit nodes you like to use.
>
>There are lists available, AFAIR, from services run by privacy
>organizations people trust.
>
>https://helpmanual.io/man5/torrc/

The point is that with longer circuits you don't have to trust anyone.

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<696e67eb71bbd47141a5471070fa4f1b@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17829&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17829

From: cryptofab37@somewhere.invalid (Crypto Fab 37)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 17:04:41 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Crypto Fab 37 - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:04 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>On 02 Apr 2024, Yamn Remailer <noreply@mixmin.net> posted some
>
>> D <J@M> wrote:
>>
>>>no matter how many hops in the tor circuit, without using remailer
>>>chains messages must be encrypted before sending and the recipient(s)
>>>would need to be able to decrypt those messages, otherwise it's
>>>pseudonymous at best
>>
>> Tor connections are end-to-end encrypted by design. There's no need
>> for an additional encryption layer when your Tor Browser contacts such
>> a server through its hidden service, as long as that .onion service
>> and the server application share a host computer and communicate
>> locally.
>>
>> With OM's TorFile you use the combination of a .onion address and a
>> hard to guess download ID of variable length like
>>
>> bxfac4urx8eripucdjkvbdfepqsitmdhlosucnfjystgmw5owc8dfyqd.onion/ec2nsta8
>> qond
>
>Invalid Onionsite Address
>
>Details: 0xF6 — The provided .onion address is invalid. This error is
>returned due to one of the following reasons: the address checksum doesn't
>match, the ed25519 public key is invalid, or the encoding is invalid.

Try this one (only temporarily available):

<http://cryptofab37aljoc6u734juzp5lvbqv635jspdp2lqiang3gexbz4cid.onion/da4ji719vqmnn62i4snkdyoj>

powered by OmniMix hosted in a Linux Mint VM

Re: Hosting anonymous website and files

<20240407.052913.3f7c9d32@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17830&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#17830

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 05:29:13 +0100
From: noreply@mixmin.net (Yamn2 Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn2 Remailer - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 04:29 UTC

On 4/6/2024 8:04 AM, Crypto Fab 37 wrote:

> powered by OmniMix hosted in a Linux Mint VM

Nice setup!!!!