From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Sorry for my absence
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 16:18:13 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 16:18 UTC

I'll be spending today trying to clear up questions about rslight.

Thank you to Syber Shock for their input and accurate responses!

Just FYI, every two weeks (this is one of those weeks), I get
completely knocked down from very heavy dosages of chemotherapy
drugs. I'm on them from Mon - Wed, and if I'm lucky, I can start
to look at a computer screen again by Friday (today).

I should be good for the next 10 days, then it starts all over again.

I'm going to go refill my coffee now, then get to work :)

I would much prefer to be on here every day, but it's not possible.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Sorry for my absence

<bfb7c697d46bfc4b932ae6871365329b@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=389&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#389

From: vga@vga256.com (vga256)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: Sorry for my absence
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:27:49 +0000
 by: vga256 - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:27 UTC

well, shit. there isn't any reason to apologize for being away, especially after a round of chemo : i've got a friend doing the same on a biweekly basis, and it knocks the wind out of her for a few days each time. hope it's helping, at least.

i'll keep posting commits that you're welcome to ignore or merge in as you wish. i'm still trying to get a complete picture of how the server works, so i pop in occasionally to ask obscure questions :)

thanks for all the help so far!

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Sorry for my absence

<76dd681b4676b5cd327a6af96edbfcea@rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=390&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#390

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:48:54 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:48 UTC

vga256 wrote:

> well, shit. there isn't any reason to apologize for being away, especially after a round of chemo : i've got a friend doing the same on a biweekly basis, and it knocks the wind out of her for a few days each time. hope it's helping, at least.

> i'll keep posting commits that you're welcome to ignore or merge in as you wish. i'm still trying to get a complete picture of how the server works, so i pop in occasionally to ask obscure questions :)

Sounds good! I appreciate your commits and I am currently taking a look to see what I should apply to my repo directly so as not to have overlapping commits, if possible.

I'd like the forks to only diverge when really necessary, so applying some of your changes as is, is the best idea right now. I would like to maybe add one more config file, or config option to allow merging the commits, and allowing an admin to choose whether to use one method or other if the commit changes a "feature".

Maybe $config_dir/<section>.features.inc.php? Something like that? If this file doesn't exist, it should not matter, just defaults set in config.inc.php maybe. What are your thoughts?

> thanks for all the help so far!

I am enjoying and appreciating having others working on the code! Sometimes I have felt that I'm writing rslight for myself only, lol :)

--
Retro Guy

Re: Sorry for my absence

<f785876a51a5b7841422357c44601d64$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=391&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#391

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 13:14:34 -0500
logging-data="1605600"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:14 UTC

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 16:18:13 +0000
retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

> I'll be spending today trying to clear up questions about rslight.
>
> Thank you to Syber Shock for their input and accurate responses!
>
> Just FYI, every two weeks (this is one of those weeks), I get
> completely knocked down from very heavy dosages of chemotherapy
> drugs. I'm on them from Mon - Wed, and if I'm lucky, I can start
> to look at a computer screen again by Friday (today).
>
> I should be good for the next 10 days, then it starts all over again.
>
> I'm going to go refill my coffee now, then get to work :)
>
> I would much prefer to be on here every day, but it's not possible.

Glad you are back. Chemo is rough. I figured you were away having
bionic upgrades. You are in my prayers.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Sorry for my absence

<314c92e8e4ad75c966ae52589ab19508@rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=392&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#392

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 19:35:08 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 19:35 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 16:18:13 +0000
> retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

>> I'll be spending today trying to clear up questions about rslight.
>>
>> Thank you to Syber Shock for their input and accurate responses!
>>
>> Just FYI, every two weeks (this is one of those weeks), I get
>> completely knocked down from very heavy dosages of chemotherapy
>> drugs. I'm on them from Mon - Wed, and if I'm lucky, I can start
>> to look at a computer screen again by Friday (today).
>>
>> I should be good for the next 10 days, then it starts all over again.
>>
>> I'm going to go refill my coffee now, then get to work :)
>>
>> I would much prefer to be on here every day, but it's not possible.

> Glad you are back. Chemo is rough. I figured you were away having
> bionic upgrades. You are in my prayers.

Lol, I wish! I would have php superpowers! Thank you.

--
Retro Guy