Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 06:41:18 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 06:41 UTC

King to appear in public at Easter church service
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68700415
March 31, 2024, 12:15 AM
The King will attend an Easter service with other royals at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.
--------------------
Stability at Stormont my priority, says O'Neill
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68698912
March 30, 2024, 8:07 PM
The NI first minister was speaking after former DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson was charged with rape
--------------------
Where workers are exploited to harvest an everyday ingredient
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-68369339
March 31, 2024, 5:00 AM
Brazilian workers face degrading conditions to harvest palm wax used in sweets, pills and lipstick.
--------------------
Actor Chance Perdomo dies in motorcycle accident, aged 27
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68701888
March 31, 2024, 2:50 AM
The UK-US star was known for playing Ambrose Spellman in Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
--------------------
Aphantasia: Why I cannot see my children in my mind
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68675976
March 31, 2024, 12:18 AM
Not everyone can picture images in their mind's eye and remember sounds or faces - but why?
--------------------
Striking pictures from Easter celebrations around the world
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68702026
March 31, 2024, 6:29 AM
Pope Francis leads festivities at the Vatican, a day after pulling out of a ceremony at short notice.
--------------------
Rowers criticise Thames sewage after Boat Race
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68701486
March 30, 2024, 11:05 PM
High levels of E. coli were found in a stretch of the River Thames used in the Boat Race.
--------------------
The FSB bicycle assassin Putin wants back in Russia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68555627
March 31, 2024, 12:26 AM
How Russia is weaponising the murky world of 'hostage diplomacy' and Germany is caught in the middle.
--------------------
Gladiators champions crowned after grand final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68659313
March 30, 2024, 6:52 PM
Wesley Male, Bronte Jones, Marie-Louise Nicholson and Finlay Anderson all fought to lift the trophy.
--------------------
Watch: Man's miraculous near-miss from runaway saw blade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68702031
March 31, 2024, 4:22 AM
Seconds after entering a shop in the US, the blade from a nearby construction site becomes lodged in the door.
--------------------
Call for suicide prevention support for teachers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-68699578
March 31, 2024, 1:47 AM
Teachers' union NASUWT is set to vote on a motion calling for fully-funded mental health training.
--------------------
UN observers wounded by shelling in southern Lebanon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68698766
March 30, 2024, 9:16 PM
It comes as tensions along the unofficial border between Israel and Lebanon intensified in recent days.
--------------------
Data from 73 million AT&T accounts leaked online
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68701958
March 30, 2024, 11:32 PM
Current and former customers of the US telecoms firm are impacted by the breach, the company says.
--------------------
The Papers: 'E coli Boat Race' and 'Euros on terror alert'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-68701876
March 31, 2024, 4:43 AM
University of Oxford rowers criticising sewage levels in the Thames feature on Sunday's front pages.
--------------------
How has cancer changed King Charles's duties?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56201331
March 28, 2024, 9:22 AM
The King has temporarily stepped back from most public duties after being diagnosed with cancer.
--------------------
'I was mutilated at 16 but I won't let it define me'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-68607169
March 31, 2024, 1:30 AM
Valerie Lolomari is determined to help other victims of FGM after spending years living in shame.
--------------------
Jeffrey Donaldson: From the White House to Antrim police station
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68692428
March 30, 2024, 11:53 AM
How the Jeffrey Donaldson story unfolded, a world away from St Patrick's Day festivities.
--------------------
Gazans watch the skies to spot planes dropping aid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68686299
March 30, 2024, 7:42 AM
The BBC boards a US aid flight as air drops increasingly become the last resort for foreign governments.
--------------------
Why funeral of a TikTok star stunned Kenyans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-68684534
March 31, 2024, 12:32 AM
Villagers complain that some of the fans of the late Brian Chira were not respectful at the burial.
--------------------
Seven bills going up and one going down in April
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68666795
March 29, 2024, 10:07 PM
Many households will see their budgets stretched further - but there is some good news.
--------------------
Download now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10628994
June 13, 2023, 10:25 AM
Top stories, breaking news, live reporting, and follow news topics that match your interests
--------------------
'Why we're proud to be fangirls'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-68640084
March 30, 2024, 8:03 AM
The Fan Grrrls research project and podcast challenges the sexism female fans experience.
--------------------
Car bomb tears through crowded Syrian market
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68701966
March 31, 2024, 4:13 AM
At least seven people die and several more are wounded in the attack near the border with Turkey.
--------------------
Police on horseback chase down shoplifting suspect
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68701787
March 30, 2024, 9:50 PM
Police bodycam showed the suspected shoplifter trying to run across three lanes of traffic.
--------------------
Trump posts video of truck showing hog-tied Biden
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68698627
March 30, 2024, 7:54 PM
The Biden campaign condemns the video, accusing Donald Trump of "regularly inciting political violence".
--------------------
Lizzo says she 'quits' after 'lies' against her
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68698032
March 30, 2024, 2:11 PM
The pop star said she was tired of being ridiculed for her looks and character in an Instagram post.
--------------------
Rickshaw destroyed in fire near Buckingham Palace
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68700768
March 30, 2024, 6:10 PM
Onlookers described hearing an "explosion" on Buckingham Gate after the electric rickshaw caught fire.
--------------------
Birth of endangered monkey a sign of hope - zoo
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c80k211w7z5o
March 30, 2024, 5:51 PM
The orange baby François’ langur was born at Twycross Zoo and is being cared for by its 17-year-old mother.
--------------------
Brentford's Ajer nets late equaliser to deny Man Utd
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68644069
March 30, 2024, 10:41 PM
Kristoffer Ajer scores in the ninth minute of injury time as Brentford snatch a draw against Manchester United in a thrilling finish.
--------------------
England score eight tries in big win over Wales
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68693938
March 30, 2024, 7:38 PM
England score eight tries to hammer Wales at Ashton Gate in front of a record crowd of 19,705 for a Red Roses game outside of Twickenham.
--------------------
Man City level 'not seen before in football' - Arteta
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68692442
March 29, 2024, 4:24 PM
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says Sunday's opponents and title rivals Manchester City have "raised the bar to levels not seen before".
--------------------
'Incredible' Tavernier sets scoring record in Rangers win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68644009
March 30, 2024, 7:18 PM
Manager Philippe Clement praises "incredible" James Tavernier after the Rangers captain's goal in victory over Hibernian makes him the highest-scoring defender in British football history.
--------------------
'Congratulations Leverkusen' - Bayern boss Tuchel concedes title
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68694295
March 30, 2024, 9:09 PM
Thomas Tuchel says "congratulations to Leverkusen" as he concedes the Bundesliga title race is over after Bayern Munich lose Der Klassiker to Borussia Dortmund.
--------------------
Collins beats Rybakina in Miami Open final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/68701538
March 30, 2024, 10:02 PM
American Danielle Collins beats fourth seed Elena Rybakina in straight sets to win the Miami Open - the first WTA 1,000 title of her career.
--------------------
Shaw scores stunner as Man City extend lead at top
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68702009
March 31, 2024, 12:08 AM
Watch highlights as Khadija Shaw scores twice for Manchester City during their 4-1 win over Liverpool which moves them three points clear at the top of the Women's Super League.
--------------------
Sam Bankman-Fried's multibillion dollar FTX fraud
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hm5w7w
March 27, 2024, 9:50 AM
What the Crypto King's fall from grace means for the future of cryptocurrency
--------------------
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001y66t
March 27, 2024, 5:30 PM
An investigation into the container ship crash that brought down a Baltimore bridge.
--------------------
What can I do if I can't pay my energy bill?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62435432
March 7, 2024, 12:25 PM
If you're struggling to afford your gas and electricity bills, what options are available?
--------------------
How much is the minimum wage going up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674
March 27, 2024, 12:08 PM
The National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates are going up on 1 April.
--------------------
What is the state pension and the triple lock?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530
March 25, 2024, 9:23 AM
The state pension will rise by 8.5% in April following a pledge to protect the value of the benefit.
--------------------
Who gets 15 hours of free childcare and when do I apply?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045
March 19, 2024, 2:29 PM
Parents in England who want 15 hours of free childcare for two-year-olds face an important deadline.
--------------------
What to do if you are in debt and need help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327
March 28, 2024, 6:13 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
'Incredibly lucky' man survives parachute failure
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-68699696
March 30, 2024, 5:00 PM
Paraglider suffers minor injuries after landing on the roof of a salt grit store, says fire service.
--------------------
Stability at Stormont is my priority - O'Neill
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68698912
March 30, 2024, 8:07 PM
The NI first minister was speaking after former DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson was charged with rape
--------------------
Union calls for teacher guidance on restraining pupils
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd15p1rgxepo
March 30, 2024, 9:28 AM
The NASUWT says the Scottish government is four years late in providing "concrete guidance" for teachers.
Free bus travel for refugees scheme scrapped
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c6pm1l7dde5o
March 31, 2024, 6:17 AM
Marius Ambara Kamna says the scheme helped him when he fled Sierra Leone with almost nothing.

Click here to read the complete article