Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 06:51:06 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 06:51 UTC

Three British aid workers killed in Gaza named
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68711832
April 3, 2024, 6:16 AM
John Chapman, James Henderson and James Kirby were among seven aid workers killed in the Israeli strike.
--------------------
What we know about the aid convoy strike
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68714128
April 2, 2024, 11:10 PM
BBC Verify sets out what we know about the strike.
--------------------
Taiwan hit by biggest earthquake in 25 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-68720022
April 3, 2024, 2:00 AM
At least seven people have died following a powerful 7.4 magnitude quake that struck off the island's east coast.
--------------------
Three accused of TV presenter attack have left UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68717210
April 2, 2024, 7:22 PM
News presenter Pouria Zeraati was stabbed outside his home in Wimbledon on Friday.
--------------------
Dunst: 'I didn't even think to ask for equal pay'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68693973
April 3, 2024, 12:27 AM
Now starring in Alex Garland film Civil War, she says she experienced "major pay disparity" as a young star.
--------------------
Jailed bankers' appeal must go to top court, say politicians
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68716629
April 2, 2024, 11:04 PM
Senior politicians are calling for Tom Hayes and Carlo Palombo to have their cases heard at the UK's final court of appeal.
--------------------
Japan's royals were once considered gods. Now they are on Instagram
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68710938
April 2, 2024, 9:26 PM
The Chrysanthemum throne is the last big royal family to go online - and it's a tightly controlled debut.
--------------------
Lizzo not quitting music, just 'negative energy'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68716521
April 2, 2024, 10:50 PM
The Grammy winner says: "When I say 'I quit', I mean I quit giving any negative energy attention."
--------------------
Katie Price low calorie diet advert banned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68713464
April 2, 2024, 11:50 PM
The social media post irresponsibly promoted a diet that fell below 800 calories a day, a watchdog says.
--------------------
The women 'speed dating' for a place to live
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68716715
April 3, 2024, 5:04 AM
Social events are helping young women in London find their perfect flatmate.
--------------------
China will have 300m pensioners. Can it afford them?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-68595450
April 2, 2024, 9:00 PM
The country is running out of time to build enough of a fund to care for its growing number of elderly.
--------------------
Ukraine lowers combat call-up age to boost numbers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68719473
April 3, 2024, 1:14 AM
The move will allow Ukraine to call up more people after facing a reduction in volunteer fighters.
--------------------
Botswana wants to send 20,000 elephants to Germany
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68715164
April 2, 2024, 8:25 PM
Germany wants tougher limits on hunting the animals, but Botswana says it has too many of them.
--------------------
The Papers: Israel's 'tragic error' and Labour's 'pro-building' bid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-68719266
April 3, 2024, 4:25 AM
The Israeli air strike that killed several foreign aid workers in Gaza leads many UK front pages.
--------------------
Who were the seven aid workers killed in Gaza?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68711282
April 2, 2024, 11:52 PM
Seven aid workers, including foreign nationals, have been killed in an Israeli strike in central Gaza.
--------------------
Mysterious streaks of light seen in California sky
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68718343
April 2, 2024, 5:28 PM
Video shows a strange shower of lights streaking overhead in the night sky in the early hours of 2 April.
--------------------
France's unique orphanage for police children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68659026
April 2, 2024, 11:20 PM
Orpheopolis cares for the children of officers who have died in the line of duty or by suicide.
--------------------
'I never thought I'd have to bury my dad twice'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68695454
April 3, 2024, 5:23 AM
Caroline Sutherland never imagined she would have to lay her father to rest twice.
--------------------
Will Truth Social post a financial bailout for Trump?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68716628
April 2, 2024, 11:56 PM
Trump Media lost nearly $60m last year. So how is it worth billions? We explain the ex-president's windfall.
--------------------
The sailors still stranded on ship that crashed into bridge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68708593
April 1, 2024, 9:04 PM
It could be weeks, if not months, before the crew, mostly Indian nationals, will be able to return home.
--------------------
Dog who never left dead owner's side is rescued
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68716671
April 2, 2024, 6:58 PM
Toy poodle Poppy cuddled next to Yolanda Callaghan's body after she lay undiscovered for a week.
--------------------
Irish basketball teams to replay final 0.3 seconds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/68715301
April 2, 2024, 9:43 PM
Two Irish basketball teams have been ordered to replay the final 0.3 seconds of a match which finished in controversy.
--------------------
Nationwide's Dominic West advert banned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68711510
April 2, 2024, 11:05 PM
The advert states "unlike the big banks we're not closing our branches" which a watchdog found misleading.
--------------------
Afrobeats star Davido to sue over April Fool’s joke
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-68717659
April 2, 2024, 4:36 PM
The superstar said a prank story that he had been arrested in Kenya was "extremely irresponsible".
--------------------
Dozens dead in Istanbul nightclub fire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68715163
April 2, 2024, 7:06 PM
At least 29 people were killed in the fire, which broke out during renovation work.
--------------------
JK Rowling hate law posts not criminal, police say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68712471
April 2, 2024, 9:35 PM
Social media comments by JK Rowling challenging Scotland's new hate crime law are not being treated as criminal.
--------------------
Clothes found near toddler's remains in French Alps
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68716807
April 2, 2024, 7:09 PM
Police find a T-shirt, shoes and shorts, three days after some of Emile Soleil's bones were recovered.
--------------------
Husband told ashes in urn are not his wife's
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-68715185
April 2, 2024, 4:27 PM
Richard Shaw used Legacy Independent Funeral Directors for his wife Rita's cremation.
--------------------
Homeless people should not be arrested if they smell, minister says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68713436
April 2, 2024, 11:52 AM
Legislation could criminalise rough sleepers if they cause a nuisance, including "excessive" smells.
--------------------
'I'd like joystick to control players' - Postecoglou rues Spurs draw
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68662323
April 2, 2024, 10:47 PM
Ange Postecoglou says Tottenham are a work in progress as they miss the chance to move into the Premier League top four by drawing at West Ham.
--------------------
Guardiola backs Haaland after Keane 'League Two' jibe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68714608
April 2, 2024, 9:33 PM
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola defends striker Erling Haaland following Roy Keane's criticism after Sunday's 0-0 draw with Arsenal.
--------------------
Peaty seals Olympics spot after 'three years of hell'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/68713971
April 2, 2024, 10:24 PM
Adam Peaty lays down a marker as he qualifies for the Paris Olympics by winning the British 100m breaststroke title at the Aquatics GB Swimming Championships.
--------------------
'I couldn't really speak about it' - a decision dividing the WSL
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68588538
April 2, 2024, 11:01 PM
Lost earnings? Lost fitness? Lost opportunities? Lost time? The issues that Women's Super League players weigh up when adding to their families.
--------------------
'I was around bad people' - Kim on 12-year absence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/68718597
April 2, 2024, 9:05 PM
American Ryder Cup player Anthony Kim says he fell victim to "scam artists" and "snakes" during his absence from pro golf.
--------------------
Newscast
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hndn8h
April 2, 2024, 7:45 PM
And Three British aid workers killed in Gaza
--------------------
Moscow Concert Hall Attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001y5qq
March 27, 2024, 4:30 AM
Russians are shocked after gunmen attacked a concert hall, but who was behind it and why?
--------------------
Download now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10628994
June 13, 2023, 10:25 AM
Top stories, breaking news, live reporting, and follow news topics that match your interests
--------------------
Enjoy Ella Fitzgerald's finest performances
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001xz6w?at_mid=0ArbcKhuDT&at_campaign=Ella_Fitzgerald_at_the_BBC&at_medium=display_ad&at_campaign_type=owned&at_link_origin=frontpage_billboard_news&at_product=iplayer&at_brand=m001xz6w&at_ptr_name=bbc&at_ptr_type=media&at_format=image&at_objective=consumption&at_link_title=Ella_Fitzgerald_at_the_BBC&at_bbc_team=BBC
March 30, 2024, 10:29 PM
Some of Ella Fitzgerald's finest performances on BBC programmes from over the years.
--------------------
How much will the 2p National Insurance cut save me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63635185
March 11, 2024, 11:46 AM
The government has announced a further 2p cut in National Insurance for 27 million workers.
--------------------
Who gets 15 hours of free childcare and how do I apply?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045
April 2, 2024, 11:50 AM
Parents in England can now access 15 hours of free weekly childcare for their two-year-olds.
--------------------
How much is the minimum wage going up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674
April 2, 2024, 10:56 AM
The National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates rose at the beginning of April.
--------------------
How much is the minimum wage going up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674
April 2, 2024, 10:56 AM
The National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates rose at the beginning of April.
--------------------
What is happening to energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533
March 27, 2024, 2:01 PM
A new energy price cap means the cost of electricity and gas will fall from 1 April.
--------------------
Who gets 15 hours of free childcare and how do I apply?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045
April 2, 2024, 11:50 AM
Parents in England can now access 15 hours of free weekly childcare for their two-year-olds.
--------------------
How much will the 2p National Insurance cut save me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63635185
March 11, 2024, 11:46 AM
The government has announced a further 2p cut in National Insurance for 27 million workers.
--------------------
What is happening to energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533
March 27, 2024, 2:01 PM
A new energy price cap means the cost of electricity and gas will fall from 1 April.
--------------------
What is the state pension and the triple lock?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530
March 25, 2024, 9:23 AM
The state pension will rise by 8.5% in April following a pledge to protect the value of the benefit.
--------------------
Three British aid workers killed in Gaza named
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68711832
April 3, 2024, 6:16 AM
John Chapman, James Henderson and James Kirby were among seven aid workers killed in the Israeli strike.
--------------------
Blue coats enforce fines in some council car parks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68706856
April 3, 2024, 5:19 AM
Changes in who enforces fines have come into effect in parts of Northern Ireland this week.
--------------------
JK Rowling hate law posts not criminal, police say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68712471
April 2, 2024, 9:35 PM
Social media comments by JK Rowling challenging Scotland's new hate crime law are not being treated as criminal.
Businesses out of pocket after Easter washout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68716541
April 3, 2024, 5:19 AM
Weatherman Derek Brockway said Wales had had a wet March and April could bring more rain yet.

Click here to read the complete article